Syracuse Cross Country | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Cross Country

Awesome article on the rise of Syracuse Cross Country:

The Rise of Syracuse: How a Cross Country Powerhouse Was Built From Scratch in 10 Years - LetsRun.com

As my username suggests I am a distance runner so I follow this sport closely. Thought some of you might also be interested.
It was a great article. Sweet Road is a beautiful area to drive around in a car, but I wouldn't want to run up it. Ever. Pretty cool a severe hill on a drumlin in the middle of nowhere has played such a big role in developing these runners.

Very nice article. I had the pleasure of meeting Justyn Knight, Colin Bennie, and Aiden Tooker in Eugene earlier this summer. They were the men's' contingent in the NCAA championships.

My son teaches at Oregon and we were having breakfast with my daughter in law when the three Orange athletes walked in. I immediately went over to say hi. We chatted for about ten minutes and they were the nicest kids you could imagine. I was honored that they were representing my alma mater.

A quick word about Justyn Knight; he is our track and XC's Carmelo Anthony. He is literally one of the greatest athletes to ever attend SU and would likely get a statue if he were in a revenue-generating sport. I will say this; you could not meet a nicer, friendlier, more humble young man. I look forward to seeing him get a medal someday in the Olympics, albeit for our friends and neighbors to the north.

As they left, they promised that they'd be repping the Cuse in their events and I responded that they had already repped the Orange very, very well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom