Syracuse Dunk tape: DC, Stevie, Billy, etc. | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Dunk tape: DC, Stevie, Billy, etc.

They played a lot of man. Didn't win until we played all zone. Mmmmmmm also, everybody had lots of good players then.

Good point. Boeheim has made 3 final fours since he basically went all zone in 96, vs. only one final four before that.

eao1115 said:
I wish Nike could incorporate the classic cursive Syracuse script into our current uniforms. That would just be awesome.

Not sure if you're my separated at birth twin but I agree with a majority of your posts and I was going to post the same exact thing in my other post in this thread.

Yes, those jerseys were sweet, the warmups were hideous though.

Not sure if you're my separated at birth twin

My favorite dinosaur is a Velociraptor and if I was a chick and could sleep with any guy it would be John Stamos - how about you?

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 79
eao1115 said:
My favorite dinosaur is a Velociraptor and if I was a chick and could sleep with any guy it would be John Stamos - how about you?

Did we just become best friends?

It was a different game when guys stayed three-four years (as all these guys did). First, they were stronger, more experienced, more mature and had more time to develop their game. Second, they had the benefit of playing together for three-four years. Different world back then. Today, we get constant turnover... and are always trying to develop new kids and work them into the system.

Last edited:
cto said:
It was a different game when guys stayed four years (as all these guys did). First, they were strongermore experienced and more mature. Second, they had the benefit of playing together for three-four years. Different world back then. Today, we get constant turnover... and are always trying to work new kids into the system.

Well, Billy only was here 3. But I get your point.

This was featured in Brent Axe's column today. Still hard to believe after all these years that those guys never won the NC.

That was great. Thanks for the memories!

It was a different game when guys stayed three-four years (as all these guys did). First, they were stronger, more experienced, more mature and had more time to develop their game. Second, they had the benefit of playing together for three-four years. Different world back then. Today, we get constant turnover... and are always trying to develop new kids and work them into the system.
Derrick had 19 boards in the title game as a frosh - the closest that set of players came to winning a NC. We won our ring with CA as a frosh. The team who I won't name won a ring recently riding the backs of frosh.

All this to say everything's balanced out: sing along with us, dee dee di di dee...

They played a lot of man. Didn't win until we played all zone. Mmmmmmm also, everybody had lots of good players then.
Exactly. Just imagine a freshman leading the nation in blocks at 5 per game, and that freshman ends up staying for 4 years. That was Alonzo Mourning. And before anyone says he couldn't jump to the NBA because his offense was raw, I have 2 words. Nerlens Noel. Competition was so tough back then. The NBA didn't draft on potential. They drafted on whether you'd proven you could play.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom