Syracuse Facilities | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Facilities

anomander

Living Legend
I'm not sure if everyone has been following this, but the Syracuse Football Facebook/Twitter pages have been releasing pictures of our renovated facilities. I think the lounge could be improved slightly more with a few bells and whistles that wouldn't cost hardly anything at all. Otherwise I really like what they have done, and with the completion of the IPF I think it would be safe to say we are smack dab in the middle of all BCS facilities. What do you think?
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.477248982367461.1073741829.304460626312965&type=3
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.474829829276043.1073741827.304460626312965&type=3
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.471589242933435.1073741826.304460626312965&type=3

I don't know what it looked like before, but it's looking pretty solid. That said, someone mentioned that the weight room is a little small and it certainly looks it. I haven't seen, are they actually doing a weight room in the IPF? Someone mentioned they thought they were, but I didn't know if it had been confirmed.

But good job, SU. It's looking at least decent, probably a little better than decent.

It looks good to me. I haven't looked at others so I don't have a basis for comparison. I didn't think that there was to be a new weight room in the IPF.

It looks good to me. I haven't looked at others so I don't have a basis for comparison. I didn't think that there was to be a new weight room in the IPF.

we don't have anything to be ashamed of anymore. it gets the job done. Our Hall of Fame lobby is probably the best part that's pretty sweet. The weight room is pretty nice just a little compact. I really like the locker room. For $17m our IPF should be as good, if not better then most. In comparison to everyone else we have everything just missing a few bells and whistles. For example the lounge is nice with some huge 80' tv's, but I have seen much better lounges with real nice leather furniture and multiple tv's, and other games. Our is spacious, but has the generic college type furniture. I am interested to see what our medical facilites look like. If it's the same one we had then that would be the thing we are lacking the most. Regardless the renovations have brought us right back up to speed with the competition. If we do this IPF right along with the plaza I would put us middle of the pack.

I don't know what it looked like before, but it's looking pretty solid. That said, someone mentioned that the weight room is a little small and it certainly looks it. I haven't seen, are they actually doing a weight room in the IPF? Someone mentioned they thought they were, but I didn't know if it had been confirmed.

But good job, SU. It's looking at least decent, probably a little better than decent.
The program has come a long way in 10 years. New weight room addition, field turf, the turf at Manley, training facility updates last year, and the new IPF

Props to everyone who made that happen.

The weight room might be "small" but it's a heck of a lot better than what was there before.

The program has come a long way in 10 years. New weight room addition, field turf, the turf at Manley, training facility updates last year, and the new IPF

Props to everyone who made that happen.

The weight room might be "small" but it's a heck of a lot better than what was there before.

so there were updates to the medical facilities? that's good to hear since it was pretty poor previously

so there were updates to the medical facilities? that's good to hear since it was pretty poor previously
I thought there were as part of the Manley/football office renovations last year but I could be wrong

I thought there were as part of the Manley/football office renovations last year but I could be wrong

No your right they did, including the hot and cold tubs that have the SU S on them, pretty sick looking.

Part of me would like all the foo foo and bells and whistles, but the other part of me says that's not hardnosed.

What are the upside down calculators next to the helmets? Is that so everyone can type 58008 and giggle?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What are the upside down calculators next to the helmets? Is that so everyone can type 58008 and giggle?

Can't tell if this is 100% a joke or not...

...but in case anyone else is wondering, looks like a key pad for a built in safe in the locker.

Can't tell if this is 100% a joke or not...

...but in case anyone else is wondering, looks like a key pad for a built in safe in the locker.
50% joke. I didn't even think of it being for a safe. Makes sense that they would have them though. I wonder if Malcom Cater got the naming rights.

And with that I'll concede that my jokes aren't on point tonight.

I know we could use some more upgrade maybe but if you think about it we have the best facilities in the North-East, except probably Penn State has bigger and nicer ones. That's not bad for us! I'm sure recruits who see our campus and facilities aren't going to find any other northeast schools to be any better except maybe PSU. Boston College has a nice campus but aren't their atheletics facilities old and falling apart? That's what I heard but still I think SU is doing a FINE job with facilities!

Now that we are in ACC we will make more money and improve even more, probably be better than Penn State's once we make a renovation of all facilities in a few years.

I'm sure they'll take your donation.
Just call ahead before you deliver them.
I actually have an eight-foot hand-carved mahogany, 1 inch Italian slate billiards table that I'd be willing to donate...IF...they would take care of moving it. The heaviest piece of furniture I've ever moved!

I know we could use some more upgrade maybe but if you think about it we have the best facilities in the North-East, except probably Penn State has bigger and nicer ones. That's not bad for us! I'm sure recruits who see our campus and facilities aren't going to find any other northeast schools to be any better except maybe PSU. Boston College has a nice campus but aren't their atheletics facilities old and falling apart? That's what I heard but still I think SU is doing a FINE job with facilities!

Now that we are in ACC we will make more money and improve even more, probably be better than Penn State's once we make a renovation of all facilities in a few years.

I tried to look up pictures of Boston College's locker room, but my Google image search of "boston college football locker room" turned up scantily clad women within the first few photos and now I've forgotten what I was doing. Apparently that's how they're hoping to win over recruits.

So, will we lose any games this year because of a lack of facilities?

I tried to look up pictures of Boston College's locker room, but my Google image search of "boston college football locker room" turned up scantily clad women within the first few photos and now I've forgotten what I was doing. Apparently that's how they're hoping to win over recruits.

Great use of Google Analytics by someone at UCF to get those pictures that high on the search results.