Syracuse football gets verbal commitment from three-star wide receiver Steve Ishmael | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football gets verbal commitment from three-star wide receiver Steve Ishmael

Rice Moss IIRC was a relative of Randy Moss but he was a 2 star recruit. He was a complementary receiver thrust into the lead role. Realistically he would be 3rd string next season.

I'm beginning to think I have my wires crossed on Moss and Morant. I just remember some big time recruit at WR who did nothing in 4 years and everyone kept saying how he never lived up to his billing. Based on comments here, sounds like Morant, not Moss. It's been a while so forgive me.

So was Johnnie Morant. But I have a feeling that Ishmael will contribute earlier than either Morant or Lobdell, based on his film. Those two were highly rated because they had tremendous size and athleticism but they really didn't have great technique or hands early on. Ishmael looks more ready to contribute right away despite not having the same physical strengths that those two did.

I hope he contributes earlier than Lobdell, his first TD was his senior year in the last game of his career. Doesn't get much later than that.

I'm beginning to think I have my wires crossed on Moss and Morant. I just remember some big time recruit at WR who did nothing in 4 years and everyone kept saying how he never lived up to his billing. Based on comments here, sounds like Morant, not Moss. It's been a while so forgive me.

If "did nothing" is the premise, it isn't Morant.

Huge get! All these wideouts are going to make our QB's look very good! Let's go Orange!

Man are we adding some nice looking weapons on the outside with this class. It's pretty clear that GMc saw what he had in the cupboard and decided to go stock up.
It almost feels like overkill. I mean, I look at this group and I think in any other year any one of those guys would be considered one of our best recruits.

And instead we've got a pile of them. I mean, Cooper and Williams are huge gets and we're not even really talking about them. Custis is a guy we normally drool over.

Obviously they aren't all going to be all conference or whatever, but holy cow, this is serious recruiting depth compared to what we're used to.

It almost feels like overkill. I mean, I look at this group and I think in any other year any one of those guys would be considered one of our best recruits.

And instead we've got a pile of them. I mean, Cooper and Williams are huge gets and we're not even really talking about them. Custis is a guy we normally drool over.

Obviously they aren't all going to be all conference or whatever, but holy cow, this is serious recruiting depth compared to what we're used to.

This is what gets me more excited than a big name here or a big name there. This class has depth. If Ishmael flames out then we still have plenty left in the stable. I don't necessarily expect huge things from Ishmael per se, or Cooper but someone in this group is going to excel, the odds say so and I'll be thrilled no matter who it is. I didn't meant to come across so negative up top, I simply don't put a lot of stock into individual recruits, but this class looks solid and we should def get a few playmakers out of the bunch.

Same phenomena at the LB position in this class. Zaire Franklin, Moskal, AND Jonathan Thomas? Yes, please.

Close with Denzel Ward tomorrow and hang onto Jonathan Thomas tomorrow and we got ourselves our best class in over a decade.

Rocco said:
Lobdell had more "stars". Another case where the star system is flawed. Ishmael had better offers.

I don't know, Lavar had offers from Miami, Florida, VT and several others. He also committed to Miami before flipping.

Mcdonald knows what he wants in receivers Ashton, Brisley, West of the returning players will play. I think his philosophy is the same as Scott's, play a lot of people, he might play 7 or 8 receivers counting the H-back.

bnoro said:
Lavar was also from CBA whereas Steve is from North Miami Beach. Little bit different on the competition aspect.

Not what I commented on. But anyways, even tho the comp was different, somehow the southern schools found him where all that great talent resides.

Sorry about that...no malice intended.

What happened?
No worries, I don't consider anything discussed on the board to be malicious.

Got really nasty pneumonia and my oxygen dropped a ton. I went in to the instacare and they put me on a breathing machine (nebulizer maybe?) to measure my oxygen. The nurse comes in, checks the reading, and runs out of the room. Needless to say, I figured that was bad. They hooked me up to an oxygen machine and got me normalized and sent me to the hospital. The Dr. said that it's hard to tell how long I was at those dangerous levels but it was pretty much a certainty with oxygen that low that brain cells were dying. I did have slight memory issues for a short while after, but despite what my posts suggests, I am a fully functioning and successful professional and adult. :)

Got really nasty pneumonia and my oxygen dropped a ton. I went in to the instacare and they put me on a breathing machine (nebulizer maybe?) to measure my oxygen. The nurse comes in, checks the reading, and runs out of the room. Needless to say, I figured that was bad. They hooked me up to an oxygen machine and got me normalized and sent me to the hospital. The Dr. said that it's hard to tell how long I was at those dangerous levels but it was pretty much a certainty with oxygen that low that brain cells were dying. I did have slight memory issues for a short while after, but despite what my posts suggests, I am a fully functioning and successful professional and adult. :)
But do you have one of these?
tumblr_li5onz69ix1qztjn5o1_500.jpg

I went through exactly this with my youngest son when he was 2 and then again at 4. Longest nights of my life. Glad you're ok.

Lobdell was going to Miami if I remember right, Miami was a couple years removed from a national championship at the time. Lobdell also had an offer from USC according to press clipping I found, pretty sure that was during the Carrol dynasty too. So unless Ishmael has offers from Bama I find it hard to believe they were better offers.

Read this article and you can get a feel for how big of a recruit Ishmael is. Can you imagine Lobdell at USC or Miami? Good lord, he couldn't do anything at Syracuse during the worst hole in our football history.

Ishmael had offers from Oregon, Nebraska, Miami and Tennessee to name a few. Alabama came calling but he didn't go to their camp so his coach thinks that's why they didn't offer him.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2014/02/steve_ishmael_syracuses_top_ta.html