Syracuse Football is FUN again | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Football is FUN again

RF2044

Living Legend
Haven't been as excited about our program as I've been the last two weeks since 2018, and since forever prior to that

Great feeling to have an exciting brand of football to look forward to, playing a ranked opponent where the outcome is important.

Beat NC State!!!

Let's Go Orange!!!

Happy New Year Celebration GIF by Faith Holland
Season 3 Netflix GIF by Stranger Things
Glow 4Th Of July GIF by xponentialdesign

I think it's pretty amazing -- reading the Garrett Williams thread and the thread about Mikel Jones's article -- not just how EXCITED the fan base is, but how many people BELIEVE that we can win -- even against a top 5 ranked team.

It reminds me a lot of back in the 90s, when I used to believe that we could beat any opponent, no matter who it was -- Miami, Florida State -- didn't matter, even with their lopsided historical advantage against us. Didn't always work out that way, but the personnel, coaching, and excitement factor associated with the way we played made we believe we COULD win.

Now realistically, Clemson is playing at home, and the most likely outcome is that they will win. That doesn't mean we CAN'T win, or that we can't be competitive. If we played them 100 times, no doubt we could win some of those times -- so not discounting the possibility.

But it is fantastic to see our fanbase starting to believe in the players / program / coaching staff again. And not just a couple of optimistic posters wearing orange goggles -- but a groundswell of the fans who are all in.

What a marked contrast to earlier this year, when there was a loud number of fans worried that Uconn was going to beat us.

Here's hoping we bring it Saturday! As Mikel Jones put it -- why not us?

Let's Go Orange!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom