Syracuse football recruiting: A look at 2019 class | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football recruiting: A look at 2019 class

Go Sryacuse!

B2D62156-543C-445E-A9A7-8DB717FF405C.jpeg

Jesus, Kpogba is the Southern version of Shy Cullen.

Anyone else see the similarity in highschool tape?

Lol Nunn threw up the U after an interception in that video.

I'm honestly curious as to what's going on at Miami. So many decommits.

Love Cantin. Might be our most underrated recruit here. He's got the full package. Also like Cole-Ballhawk.

Cantin is so far and away the best athlete on the field in his games. That obviously is good but it can make his tape harder to be relied on. That said, I really like what I see there and I'm excited for what he brings. He certainly has the size. He's my sleeper in this class and I'm surprised more teams did not target him. Canada could really pay off for us.

As far as the others:

Mikel Jones looks to be a huge pickup. He is a fantastic tackler who does not shy away from any sort of contact. Some of his highlights are simply him blowing people up on specials. I think he's the best in the class honestly. Give him a year to get bigger and I think he could start.

Kpogba is a good athlete. He needs to bulk up some as a linebacker but he's got what you want in a LB.

I think Nunn will be a beast but the tape used in the article is a 7 on 7 which is only worth so much.

Tisdale has a good mean streak but he's still pretty raw. It'll be interesting to see Cavanaugh do his thing.

Bergeron has the measurables and he used that to bully his opponents. Technique can definitely use a lot of improvement but high school football usually are terrible at teaching the proper technique.

Greenwood has some good closing speed and isn't afraid of contact, which is always nice to see as a DB. He's got the tools but he doesn't have the measurables of someone like Melifonwu, Trill, or Nunn.

Courtney Jackson has some real solid speed and he looks to be a slot receiver. He's not as agile as Sean Riley is but he's similar to Nykiem in terms of how he uses his speed in the slot, but he doesn't have Nykiem's physicality.

I really, really like Rondi. I think he's a steal. He repeatedly pushes the lineman and having that cog in the middle is so important. Considering the lack of youth at the DT spots, Rondi is arguably one of the most important recruits in the class.

Garrett Williams is interesting because he's shorter than the guys Dino typically wants in his secondary. I'll be looking into where he ends up. Another good athlete. He uses his hips well as a DB, which can be difficult to learn.

Anthony Red has a good frame but he will need a couple years of development. Dino and the staff definitely have a type when it comes to the offensive linemen they recruit and Red fits that mold.

Benson's speed and height are ideal for a tight end, which I think his coach, and QB, weren't able to utilize to its fullest. I like him as a recruit and will keep an eye out for how Babers uses him.

Hewett has been productive at one of the best high schools in Texas. He is more polished but lacks the ideal measurabes. I'd say he's the least popular recruit of this class, on this board, but I think he will be more productive than many think.

Adrian Cole is a good tackler for his size. His tape has him playing soft coverage almost the entire time. How he does in press coverage will obviously be important but it's hard to say.

Goulbourne obviously will need time to bulk up but he has great speed off of the edge.

It's hard not to love Jawhar Jordan. He's got the speed and the agility to make people miss. He makes his cuts well. He has the potential to be an early impact player. The only thing holding that back is probably due to the fact he has Abdul Adams and Moe Neal ahead of him and also Riley and Nykiem ahead of him in the slot. I would like to see him get a few touches in a game because he has that game-breaking play ability.

Tuazama has the measurables to play early as a DE but hopefully he won't have to so he can get even bigger and get some of the technique down. He's still raw but plenty talented.

The defensive backs we've taken in this class, outside of Nunn (and maybe Greenwood), are smaller than what we've been recruiting in the past. I wonder what Dino has seen that has made him want to switch but the defensive backs all seem to be physical players that aren't afraid to come up and protect against the run. Nunn I think we see as a safety once Foster is graduates. The linebackers are the strength in this class, as I think Jones is a bonafide stud, Kpogba is a fantastic athlete who can play, and Cantin-Arku has the perfect size for a linebacker. The offensive lineman are all guys who are going to have to be developed for 2 or so years first before they can really be counted on to play significantly. Tisdale could play earlier but he has a few areas where he needs to improve upon. I think Rondi at DT will see some time early in his career (hopefully as a redshirt freshman) and Goulbourne will need to be developed. Tuazama is a bit of a wildcard, as he has the size and talent but not the experience yet as a DE. Jawhar Jordan is an absolute baller and Courtney Jackson I'm curious about how we use him. I assume the slot but I've been wrong about that before.

If we can snag the DE Vilbert, as one of the close-outs for the class, that would be huge. He has great size for a DE and I'd love to have someone with that kind of Calais Campbell size at DE. I know we probably will get Dawson and maybe Dukes but Vilbert would be fantastic, as well.

Overall, I like the class and the potential of all of the players.

Last edited:
Can’t
Cantin is so far and away the best athlete on the field in his games. That obviously is good but it can make his tape harder to be relied on. That said, I really like what I see there and I'm excited for what he brings. He certainly has the size. He's my sleeper in this class and I'm surprised more teams did not target him. Canada could really pay off for us.

As far as the others:

Mikel Jones looks to be a huge pickup. He is a fantastic tackler who does not shy away from any sort of contact. Some of his highlights are simply him blowing people up on specials. I think he's the best in the class honestly. Give him a year to get bigger and I think he could start.

Kpogba is a good athlete. He needs to bulk up some as a linebacker but he's got what you want in a LB.

I think Nunn will be a beast but the tape used in the article is a 7 on 7 which is only worth so much.

Tisdale has a good mean streak but he's still pretty raw. It'll be interesting to see Cavanaugh do his thing.

Bergeron has the measurables and he used that to bully his opponents. Technique can definitely use a lot of improvement but high school football usually are terrible at teaching the proper technique.

Greenwood has some good closing speed and isn't afraid of contact, which is always nice to see as a DB. He's got the tools but he doesn't have the measurables of someone like Melifonwu, Trill, or Nunn.

Courtney Jackson has some real solid speed and he looks to be a slot receiver. He's not as agile as Sean Riley is but he's similar to Nykiem in terms of how he uses his speed in the slot, but he doesn't have Nykiem's physicality.

I really, really like Rondi. I think he's a steal. He repeatedly pushes the lineman and having that cog in the middle is so important. Considering the lack of youth at the DT spots, Rondi is arguably one of the most important recruits in the class.

Garrett Williams is interesting because he's shorter than the guys Dino typically wants in his secondary. I'll be looking into where he ends up. Another good athlete. He uses his hips well as a DB, which can be difficult to learn.

Anthony Red has a good frame but he will need a couple years of development. Dino and the staff definitely have a type when it comes to the offensive linemen they recruit and Red fits that mold.

Benson's speed and height are ideal for a tight end, which I think his coach, and QB, weren't able to utilize to its fullest. I like him as a recruit and will keep an eye out for how Babers uses him.

Hewett has been productive at one of the best high schools in Texas. He is more polished but lacks the ideal measurabes. I'd say he's the least popular recruit of this class, on this board, but I think he will be more productive than many think.

Adrian Cole is a good tackler for his size. His tape has him playing soft coverage almost the entire time. How he does in press coverage will obviously be important but it's hard to say.

Goulbourne obviously will need time to bulk up but he has great speed off of the edge.

It's hard not to love Jawhar Jordan. He's got the speed and the agility to make people miss. He makes his cuts well. He has the potential to be an early impact player. The only thing holding that back is probably due to the fact he has Abdul Adams and Moe Neal ahead of him and also Riley and Nykiem ahead of him in the slot. I would like to see him get a few touches in a game because he has that game-breaking play ability.

Tuazama has the measurables to play early as a DE but hopefully he won't have to so he can get even bigger and get some of the technique down. He's still raw but plenty talented.

The defensive backs we've taken in this class, outside of Nunn (and maybe Greenwood), are smaller than what we've been recruiting in the past. I wonder what Dino has seen that has made him want to switch but the defensive backs all seem to be physical players that aren't afraid to come up and protect against the run. Nunn I think we see as a safety once Foster is graduates. The linebackers are the strength in this class, as I think Jones is a bonafide stud, Kpogba is a fantastic athlete who can play, and Cantin-Arku has the perfect size for a linebacker. The offensive lineman are all guys who are going to have to be developed for 2 or so years first before they can really be counted on to play significantly. Tisdale could play earlier but he has a few areas where he needs to improve upon. I think Rondi at DT will see some time early in his career (hopefully as a redshirt freshman) and Goulbourne will need to be developed. Tuazama is a bit of a wildcard, as he has the size and talent but not the experience yet as a DE. Jawhar Jordan is an absolute baller and Courtney Jackson I'm curious about how we use him. I assume the slot but I've been wrong about that before.

If we can snag the DE Vilbert, as one of the close-outs for the class, that would be huge. He has great size for a DE and I'd love to have someone with that kind of Calais Campbell size at DE. I know we probably will get Dawson and maybe Dukes but Vilbert would be fantastic, as well.

Cantin is also my favorite recruit. He has perfect measurables.. I think he is a next level kid who will flourish after he is in practice for a year. I can see Rondi develop into a 320 lb Slayton clone. I do also wonder bout height in secondary at corner. We shall see.

As far as the others:

Man to man and press coverage was singled out by the coaches in Cole's signing video. Along with fluid hips and speed. They said they have a documented 4.5 on him so he's fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom