Syracuse football right tackle Michael Lasker ahead of returning starter Ivan Foy heading into camp | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football right tackle Michael Lasker ahead of returning starter Ivan Foy heading into camp

Great to have versatility and depth. I want the best five OL out there starting, and competition only breeds improved performance.

Easy to root for Michael, but easy to root for Ivan too as he seems to get it now.

Lasker, Palmer, Burton, Miller. These guys give us quality depth or starts at both Tackle and G. With our running the hurry up this year i wonder if we see a platoon approach to keep guys fresh.

Easy to root for Michael, but easy to root for Ivan too as he seems to get it now.

I'm lukewarm on Foy. When Parris scored the winning TD against BC, the offense celebrated with him except for Foy who did this weird celebration. Maybe he was just that happy but it didn't look right.

Screen Shot 2014-07-12 at 3.53.07 PM.png

cusefan88 said:
I'm lukewarm on Foy. When Parris scored the winning TD against BC, the offense celebrated with him except for Foy who did this weird celebration. Maybe he was just that happy but it didn't look right.
Yea, but that celebration was second only to the touchdown in total awesomeness.

I am a big fan of Foy. I thought he had a very good season. Lasker was a little more shaky, but definitely improved as time went on. I still think Foy has an advantage, but will be interesting to see how this pans out. Both should start their Senior seasons.

IMO the only reason Lasker is "ahead" of Foy is because Foy wasn't there all spring. That's fair enough but as soon as fall camp starts then we will see who's where. Same with Robinson. I find it hard to believe Palmer will supplant him at guard.