Syracuse gets a C+ for hiring Fran Brown... | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse gets a C+ for hiring Fran Brown...

RF2044

Living Legend
...according to this CBS online article.

See you in hell, Dennis Dodd.

For the record, the lowest grade they gave out for new hires was a "C-," so he was toward the bottom. They even had Sean Lewis rated higher.

C on ESPN also. Crazy or lazy or both.
View attachment 234572The casual writer at ESPN grades Fran’s hire as a C.

IMG_7567.jpeg

Calm down we don’t need off-season accolades outside of our own inner circles.

Florida state is gonna try to burn down the conference hopefully they get laughed at when the SEC doesn’t want them.
Don’t really see anybody needing to calm down.

Calm down we don’t need off-season accolades outside of our own inner circles.

Florida state is gonna try to burn down the conference hopefully they get laughed at when the SEC doesn’t want them.
Yeah we do. That’s the whole point of non-traditional “splash” hires. You’re going for buzz.

So far I have really been impressed with how HCFB has addressed recruiting. But we want buzz. That’s the whole point.

It doesn't bother me. They didn't interview him, Wildhack did. And they've never hired a coach before, so what do they know. If you want to go with obvious objective facts, they're right. He's a guy that seemed to skip a few rungs on the ladder and was handed the keys to a P5 program a bit early. But good judgement looks beyond the lazy easily observable facts. He is clearly an impressive, intelligent, driven, well connected coach with a plan. I'm curious what the analysts thought when Clemson promoted Dabo.

If he succeeds the way we think he can, they'll have no choice but to change the grade. If he doesn't, they get to be right. Either way, nobody will remember what they said in the first place.

Yeah we do. That’s the whole point of non-traditional “splash” hires. You’re going for buzz.

So far I have really been impressed with how HCFB has addressed recruiting. But we want buzz. That’s the whole point.
Right but we still need wins. Outside chatter that questions Fran is just that however we have to win to make it nonsense.

The 180 degree culture change and recruiting wins are awesome for us internally we just can’t brag about it until we have a big season. Which should be this year.

When Dabo was hired there were people who rated him as a D-/F hire and he's won a national title. These guys can report on the happenings in football but most of them have very limited ability to analyze football beyond the obvious. Dennis Dodd especially has always been a bag of wind.

When Dabo was hired there were people who rated him as a D-/F hire and he's won a national title. These guys can report on the happenings in football but most of them have very limited ability to analyze football beyond the obvious. Dennis Dodd especially has always been a bag of wind.

But just think of how many titles he’d have won if a bunch of reporters had graded him an A!!!

Assuming this was written the minute he was hired, back when lots of us had questions. I doubt this was written after the past two weeks.

On the surface, we hired a never before coordinator because he has a strong rep as a recruiter. It’s OK to be skeptical of that resume.

But after the past two weeks, Fran has earned all of our buy in.

Bulletin board material for Fran.. gave him a nod for McCord but not the rest of the recruiting he shouldered in all of 2 weeks, while letting the staff finish out their current responsibilities.
Fran strikes me as a coach who will use any slight to get the players fired up. Fran's entire background is someone who started from the bottom and earned everything.

I get it is a bad grade because he's never been a head coach, and the reporter probably didn't pay close attention to the recruiting.

Who cares. If it can be used as motivation, all the better