Syracuse is currently an 8th at-large selection | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse is currently an 8th at-large selection

I do as well, we would need a better showing at the X but I would like our chances.
Assuming Syracuse can get to that match up I would agree. But people need to take off their rose colored glasses - this Syracuse team is deeply flawed. They lack a dominant attackman, faceoffs have been well below the line (and that's being nice), they turn the ball over at an alarming rate, and they play inconsistent team defense (again, being nice). People here are too focused on Albany - the bigger threat at this point in the season is a lot closer to home in Ithaca.

Assuming Syracuse can get to that match up I would agree. But people need to take off their rose colored glasses - this Syracuse team is deeply flawed. They lack a dominant attackman, faceoffs have been well below the line (and that's being nice), they turn the ball over at an alarming rate, and they play inconsistent team defense (again, being nice). People here are too focused on Albany - the bigger threat at this point in the season is a lot closer to home in Ithaca.

Trust me there are plenty of people who realize this team is far from a title contender. Read through some of the posts since the season started, have been some brutal but honest assessments on where the team is at.

Albany was pretty much #1 to start the year. if they played 4-5 more games now after the fields injury they too might not make the tourney.

Albany was pretty much #1 to start the year. if they played 4-5 more games now after the fields injury they too might not make the tourney.
Thankfully it appears that Fields mri shows no additional issue other than the strained mcl they knew about. Like to see him back healthy for his last college season. Should not end on sidelines or on field hindered

Thankfully it appears that Fields mri shows no additional issue other than the strained mcl they knew about. Like to see him back healthy for his last college season. Should not end on sidelines or on field hindered

It seems improbable that he will be able to return to he field unhindered at this point. Based on his setback this past Sunday and the MRI results the only likely remedy is extended rest which isn't possible based on the lateness of the season. With him being a Senior its likely Albany runs him out there but it's likely he will have to play an off ball role which is terrible news for Albany as he is their main and really only elite dodging threat. Albany is in big trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom