Syracuse is flying to ATL on Tuesday

su

• su

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • su

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sounds kind of early
I think the NCAA tells teams when to arrive. There is a lot of ceremonial stuff surrounding a Final Four weekend.

There was a thread about the hotel the team would be staying at and I think it got deleted. If that thread was correct, it's a really NICE hotel.

There was a thread about the hotel the team would be staying at and I think it got deleted. If that thread was correct, it's a really NICE hotel.

Is that something we are not allowed to talk about here?

Assuming the team hotel would be the Omni right next to the Georgia Dome. 4 diamond hotel.

Assuming the team hotel would be the Omni right next to the Georgia Dome. 4 diamond hotel.
if i remember correctly, some teams were at the marriott on spring street in 2007

Nope.
They'll be in Buckhead. I won't post the hotel name.

Why leave so early and forego practice time at home?

Early better. Get settled, etc.
I agree. It makes no sense to take the players away from home comfort .Abasketball court is the same everywhere. Why pay for the hotel rooms this far out?It makes no sense in $ or environment.:crazy:Oh Lord

Once again, guys.... The NCAA tells you when to get there... and where to stay. The schools have zero say in the matter. In San Jose a week ago, the team had to wait to find out when they could LEAVE San Jose.

I agree. It makes no sense to take the players away from home comfort .Abasketball court is the same everywhere. Why pay for the hotel rooms this far out?It makes no sense in $ or environment.:crazy:Oh Lord

No, not all courts are the same. And the NCAA picks up the cost of the hotel rooms.

Once again, guys.... The NCAA tells you when to get there... and where to stay. The schools have zero say in the matter. In San Jose a week ago, the team had to wait to find out when they could LEAVE San Jose.

Buckhead is such a horrible location for the team. so far away. I hope that's not where the majority of the fans go out.

New Orleans was AMAZING. The team stayed at the same hotel all the fans did. The racausness after the game at the hotel was incredible... only bested by the walk to bourbon st after.

Buckhead is such a horrible location for the team. so far away. I hope that's not where the majority of the fans go out.

New Orleans was AMAZING. The team stayed at the same hotel all the fans did. The racausness after the game at the hotel was incredible... only bested by the walk to bourbon st after.
i agree the location is bad traveling wise. however, bars downtown aren't that great (in my opinion). not really a buckhead bar fan anymore but industry night is pretty fun at dive bar on monday night.

i agree the location is bad traveling wise. however, bars downtown aren't that great (in my opinion). not really a buckhead bar fan anymore but industry night is pretty fun at dive bar on monday night.

I just would have thought they would have made it Midtown/Downtown. That way everything is really close.

The team will be arriving at the hotel between 7:00 and 10:00.
I'll try to make it to the arrival reception. Should be good fun.

Those on the Atlanta alumni email list will receive details this evening.

I find it mind boggling that this is such a secret... As if we won't all know in the next 24-48 hours anyway.

Forget where they are staying for a moment and someone please tell me why no one will say where.

Are we all some sort of security risk?

As per the post above, the ATL alumni list will learn in an email later... What gives?

I find it mind boggling that this is such a secret... As if we won't all know in the next 24-48 hours anyway.

Forget where they are staying for a moment and someone please tell me why no one will say where.

Are we all some sort of security risk?

As per the post above, the ATL alumni list will learn in an email later... What gives?

The pay side knew what hotel the team was going to be staying at 3 weeks ago.

I'm not sure what the problem is but I guess technically its not public knowledge so some people don't want to make it public. I can understand why but its a little frustrating when you just want to have a drink with other fans.

No, not all courts are the same. And the NCAA picks up the cost of the hotel rooms.
I had no idea that the NCAA picks up the cost . Do they pay for travel costs like sending Syracuse to Caslifornia? "Not all courts are the same" Close enough if the baskets are set to the proper standards and the floor is level. We are talking about Div1 players who have been around the block on many courts If Jimmy wants to get away from his house,fine let him go.:crazy::p

I had no idea that the NCAA picks up the cost . Do they pay for travel costs like sending Syracuse to Caslifornia? "Not all courts are the same" Close enough if the baskets are set to the proper standards and the floor is level. We are talking about Div1 players who have been around the block on many courts If Jimmy wants to get away from his house,fine let him go.:crazy::p

From what I read, the hotel rooms and air are reimbursed at a set rate, and the players are given a daily meal allowance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom