Syracuse is the best 0-2 team in the nation | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse is the best 0-2 team in the nation

Funny, Vandy fans are saying the same thing, for the same reasons: giving USC a game and a close loss to NU. SU played a much closer game against USCal than just about anybody expected. And if this messes with USC's ranking, so much the better.

Good Luck the rest of the way. Hope you leave the Big East with a season to remember you by.

Funny, Vandy fans are saying the same thing, for the same reasons: giving USC a game and a close loss to NU. SU played a much closer game against USCal than just about anybody expected. And if this messes with USC's ranking, so much the better.

Good Luck the rest of the way. Hope you leave the Big East with a season to remember you by.

They can say whatever they want but Vandy sucks on offense ... either that or NW is a good defensive team and of course they weren't considered to be by so many pundits after we tuned them up for nearly 600 yards of offense ... sorry but we're better than Vandy. Quite frankly after seeing what I saw in the SC game the only team I don't feel confident squaring off in the BE against is LVille ... and even then that game is a toss up ... Unless we are snakebitten by injuries I have no reason to believe that we can't run the table in the BE ... everyone sans LVille just doesn't look all that good.

They can say whatever they want but Vandy sucks on offense ... either that or NW is a good defensive team and of course they weren't considered to be by so many pundits after we tuned them up for nearly 600 yards of offense ... sorry but we're better than Vandy. Quite frankly after seeing what I saw in the SC game the only team I don't feel confident squaring off in the BE against is LVille ... and even then that game is a toss up ... Unless we are snakebitten by injuries I have no reason to believe that we can't run the table in the BE ... everyone sans LVille just doesn't look all that good.
But, but Rutgers is 2-0! Surely, they must be thinking NC game.

But, but Rutgers is 2-0! Surely, they must be thinking NC game.

I forgot .. after dominating Howard I could see Rutgers being a powerhouse to avoid ... :rolleyes:

Don't sell Cincy short...that game will be a tough one...I see UL and Cincy as the toughest BE teams...then USF and Rutgirls. I see 4 or 5 BE wins.

just wait until the Arkansas game were the rutgers A.D. office figures it out that they didn't schedule Arkansas St. when they show up on the wrong campus

Ark. Just lost to la Monroe - John l smith is one of the worst coaches in college football history. Rutgers is catching a break going there this year after the petrine foasco

0-2 teams from AQ conferences

Auburn
Vandy
Syracuse
Pitt
Penn State
Colorado

0-2 teams from AQ conferences

Auburn
Vandy
Syracuse
Pitt
Penn State
Colorado

Colorado and Pitt right now are messes. According to Sagarin Vandy and PSU are better. Auburn is one spot behind us. Even if we are the best from that group it ain't saying much.

Ark. Just lost to la Monroe - John l smith is one of the worst coaches in college football history. Rutgers is catching a break going there this year after the petrine foasco
So is L-M's coach, "The Louisiana-Monroe coach is a great guy but he was mostly anonymous. Berry has one of the worst coaching records in Division I -- 35 games below .500, .340 winning percentage in 10 years as a head coach. He was 0-23 against current BCS conference schools. Until Saturday. Don't forget the career arc of Berry, a 51-year old veteran coach who in his 30th year and 13th employer got the biggest win of his career. He is perhaps best known for trying to install a passing offense at Army. Not a good idea."
DD

The polls are a joke, the coaches landed the Razorbacks at 21 despite the loss and placed UCLA two places below them after beating ranked Nebraska!

Yesterday after the game I said, "Who will be the first columnist to say?", "Syracuse is the best 0-2 team in the nation."

To the best of my knowledge this gal wins the prize.
Responding to myself (ha, ha) but Lenn Robbins came up with this:

"It would be an insult to Syracuse to laud them today as being the best 0-2 football team in the nation.

No team, no coach, no player can be winless after the first two games of the season and strut around like a supermodel on the runway. Syracuse may or may not be the best 0-2 team in the country. It’s a worthless argument. But watching this team going forward? That’s going to be worth the price of admission.

The rest of the piece is in Monday's Articles, it's a very good one.

Responding to myself (ha, ha) but Lenn Robbins came up with this:

"It would be an insult to Syracuse to laud them today as being the best 0-2 football team in the nation.

No team, no coach, no player can be winless after the first two games of the season and strut around like a supermodel on the runway. Syracuse may or may not be the best 0-2 team in the country. It’s a worthless argument. But watching this team going forward? That’s going to be worth the price of admission.

The rest of the piece is in Monday's Articles, it's a very good one.

Robbins nailed it. It is an insult and a worthless argument. He also captured the hope many of us are feeling despite the losses.

Let's see what happens...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom