syracuse making it rain | Syracusefan.com

syracuse making it rain

I want my 2 (.75 million) dollars!

upload_2014-5-22_16-12-32.jpeg

I was thinking about this. If we bankrupt Carrier, can we give the Dome naming rights back to the school?

Carrier got the biggest steal in naming rights. Talk about a dumb deal for SU (eternity??) You think Carrier would have balked if the deal was for a 25 year expiration date? No.

Carrier got the biggest steal in naming rights. Talk about a dumb deal for SU (eternity??) You think Carrier would have balked if the deal was for a 25 year expiration date? No.
Mel Holm was on the Board of Trustees at the time. He was also Chairman of Carrier Corp. He teamed up with the other 2 Mels (Eggers and Zimmer) to get the place built.

It was one of the first naming rights deals ever. No one knew what the future would bring. Still, it would be nice to find a way to break that deal...

The original deal couldn't have included the "Carrier" decals on the basketball court, so the SUAD should be receiving something in addition to the original deal.

The original deal couldn't have included the "Carrier" decals on the basketball court, so the SUAD should be receiving something in addition to the original deal.
It did not and they get $$

orange79 said:
It was one of the first naming rights deals ever. No one knew what the future would bring. Still, it would be nice to find a way to break that deal...

The naming rights deal for Schaeffer Stadium ("the stadium to have when you're having more than one!") pre-dated the Carrier deal by almost 10 years. Seems like there was enough knowledge out there to inform SU that signing a never-ending deal was a bad idea. But then again, this was the same school who at the same time dropped a beloved mascot with no replacement. So long term planning wasn't exactly a strong suit.

The naming rights deal for Schaeffer Stadium ("the stadium to have when you're having more than one!") pre-dated the Carrier deal by almost 10 years. Seems like there was enough knowledge out there to inform SU that signing a never-ending deal was a bad idea. But then again, this was the same school who at the same time dropped a beloved mascot with no replacement. So long term planning wasn't exactly a strong suit.
I said one of the first, not the first. :D

Carrier gave us money when we really needed it to stay d1. A deal is a deal. Move on.