Syracuse MBB finally releases a statement | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse MBB finally releases a statement

Nobody cares about the NIT. Nobody cares if we passed or weren’t invited. Nobody should care about how or when it was communicated. The only thing that matters is rebuilding for next year.
Thanks for telling us how we should think bud. Next time donation requests come around, I’ll remember that Im not allowed to care about wanting a sport that is around for entertainment, entertain me for a couple more weeks.

Sounds good.

As for the communication part, you can bet your ass we should care about that. The fact that people are giving the school a pass for ignoring the media and its fans is ridiculous. This school time and time again completely ignores the basic norms of PR. You don’t operate like a secret society over something so public. Imagine being a reporter for this program, you constantly get chit on because you seemingly cant get a scoop meanwhile the administration is openly IGNORING you for 2 hours. Nah, that’s b.s. you SHOULD care about that, and fans SHOULD be upset. PR 101 is get out ahead of a story and for 2 hours they let fans and mid to low tier donors without significant connections spiral all in the name of nothing.

Last edited:
hoops can be turned around in one season. Many schools who portal kids make a massive jump. Based on what I am hearing I would be stunned if we arent ranked the entire season next year

Hell, look at Long Beach State...

Announced they are firing their coach last week... team goes on a run... wins conference tournament... they are now dancing with the fired coach, LOL!

Turned around in 1 week!

An outlier, I know...

I like to watch Syracuse play basketball. Sorry if that’s a crazy hot take. I don’t care if it’s dead or not soon. I’m a consumer of the product and like more games.

I even watched the bowl until it was a blowout. I fail to see why guys wouldn’t play even if they leave. Are guys not going to play in ncaa too if they portal today?

I agree with you, I'd like to watch this team play in the NIT.

But if rumors are to be believed (and they are coming from everywhere, so no reason to doubt it) we will have 3 maybe 4 players available for this tournament. Surely we can't play with only 3 players.

The problem here is not SU's it is the state of college basketball, which has absolutely no leadership at the moment. Trying to play a tournament while over half of college basketball is in the middle of transferring, shows a lack of foresight to say the least.

The problem here is not SU's it is the state of college basketball, which has absolutely no leadership at the moment. Trying to play a tournament while over half of college basketball is in the middle of transferring, shows a lack of foresight to say the least.

Which is a polite way of pointing out that the NCAA's left hand doesn't know what their other left hand is doing.

Everything that organization touches turns to shiz. Nobody should be surprised that the portal window opening wasn't well thought through.

Dang a game at the Dunk vs the Frjars tomorrow would have been awesome probably our draw instead of BC if we didn’t wuss out.

Gonna be on the road all day central southern ma then playing a late afternoon cold weather round of golf would have timed up amazing.

I don't think I said we need to play in the NIT. Especially if half our team is bailing.

It's not getting in front of it yesterday and even last week. I'm one of the biggest Red Autry supporters, but he can take lessons from FLJ and Fran Brown.
Maybe it wasn't Red's call as to the timing on when to get ahead of "it".

bingo...this MUST be addressed
As per my last post I’m bummed no Cuse Friars tomorrow in Providence but all these opt outs this year are OK if it stops Fox from creating their own third tournament behind the NIT. And if it gets those first place small schools that didn’t win their tourney in.

As Syracuse fans given our serious decline we might benefit from an expanded watered down tournament more than anyone. If we aren’t going to take the head coaching position seriously and nab a Hurley or Oats when they are tearing up a smaller northeast conference it probably is our only hope. Will still be a travesty but the ACC move has turned us into Nebraska football.

But if rumors are to be believed (and they are coming from everywhere, so no reason to doubt it) we will have 3 maybe 4 players available for this tournament. Surely we can't play with only 3 players.

Then this isn’t a serious sport for consumers to invest time in long term. It’s a foolish endeavor if 3 or 4 guys are left yearly.

Complete clownish. Roller ball is more engaging

Wouldn't it have been a great opportunity to point that out in the decline statement? How it is a joke to allow portaling before the season is actually over?

I like to watch Syracuse play basketball. Sorry if that’s a crazy hot take. I don’t care if it’s dead or not soon. I’m a consumer of the product and like more games.

I even watched the bowl until it was a blowout. I fail to see why guys wouldn’t play even if they leave. Are guys not going to play in ncaa too if they portal today?

Guys like Duce wanted to play in the bowl when they portaled, for obvious reasons that doesn't work.

This is a zippy burger.

I'll refer back to one of my earlier posts where I said last night is one of the biggest nights in CBB. Lots of successful programs were being celebrated and their coaches were all over the media. Even schools like St John's and Seton Hall were being celebrated in defeat.

Where was such a proud program like Syracuse? Nowhere. Like we don't even exist. It wasn't as if we had a terrible season. We beat a lot of schools going dancing. We beat a one seed in North Carolina.

How about a simple statement. "We applaud the teams going dancing, especially the ones we beat this season. We didn't get to go this year and choose not to participate in the NIT. However we will be back next year ready to take our place where we rightfully belong".
That's fine, but if you release a statement in the forest, and no one is around to read it, does it exist?

More seriously, who would have covered that? We weren't on the bubble. And "rightfully belong"? That'd have been laughed at and meme-ified.

Thanks for telling us how we should think bud. Next time donation requests come around, I’ll remember that Im not allowed to care about wanting a sport that is around for entertainment, entertain me for a couple more weeks.

Sounds good.

As for the communication part, you can bet your ass we should care about that. The fact that people are giving the school a pass for ignoring the media and its fans is ridiculous. This school time and time again completely ignores the basic norms of PR. You don’t operate like a secret society over something so public. Imagine being a reporter for this program, you constantly get chit on because you seemingly cant get a scoop meanwhile the administration is openly IGNORING you for 2 hours. Nah, that’s b.s. you SHOULD care about that, and fans SHOULD be upset. PR 101 is get out ahead of a story and for 2 hours they let fans and mid to low tier donors without significant connections spiral all in the name of nothing.
There is no story, it’s the NIT for god’s sake. It probably won’t exist in two years. The real games start on Thursday. Nobody cares about any of this.

Sadly it's consistent with Chance Westry injury which to this day there is still this shroud of secrecy around it. Instead of "lower body injury" couldn't we be told torn Achilles, meniscus tear, high ankle etc etc. HCAA can't you see the excitement of the football program due to transparency. Wouldn't you want this for your program??

No - it's Chance's business.

Then this isn’t a serious sport for consumers to invest time in long term. It’s a foolish endeavor if 3 or 4 guys are left yearly.

Complete clownish. Roller ball is more engaging
It likely won't be this way forever. At some point in the near-ish future, college football and hoops will be professionalized. Then there will likely be contracts which will limit the transfer process.

There is no story, it’s the NIT for god’s sake. It probably won’t exist in two years. The real games start on Thursday. Nobody cares about any of this.
thank you

Sounds good.

What on earth are you "spiraling about? It's a college basketball team. They didn't get a bid to the real tournament, which everyone knew was going to happen. And they're not going to the silly tourney that only low/mid-majors care about.

That's the story. You know the facts. What does SU putting out An Official Statement (TM) do to keep you from "spiraling"?

Nobody cares about the NIT. Nobody cares if we passed or weren’t invited. Nobody should care about how or when it was communicated. The only thing that matters is rebuilding for next year.
Only Syracuse fans could think that this matters to anyone outside the 315 area code. No one cares about the NIT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom