Syracuse Mets | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Mets

Starting June 22nd (the next home Syracuse Mets game), NBT Bank Stadium will be open in accordance with the State guidelines. Most seating areas will become open at 100% capacity seating, while the Stadium will still provide some socially distanced seating sections for fans that are more comfortable continuing to socially distance.

• Proof of vaccination will no longer be required to sit in any sections at NBT Bank Stadium.
  • Fans who are not vaccinated or not fully vaccinated will still be expected to wear their masks throughout the games except when they are in their seat and actively eating or drinking.
  • Fans that have already purchased tickets from June 22 to July 4th the current period on sale) may exchange their tickets if this new policy affects their seat location either positively or negatively.
  • Tickets for the rest of July 13th through August 1st will go on sale Friday, June 18th
  • The Clear bag policy will still be enforced for the rest of the season.

The newly renovated stadium is a BLAST.

After 609 days, the Mets finally beat the Rail-riders, 5-2. So there! :mad:
Conforto, McNeil and Almora are all rehabbing with Syracuse now.

Unfortunately they won’t play in Syracuse again until Tuesday…..those guys might all be called up by then.

Conforto, McNeil and Almora are all rehabbing with Syracuse now.

Unfortunately they won’t play in Syracuse again until Tuesday…..those guys might all be called up by then.

If they stay here we can watch the new York Mets in Syracuse and the Syracuse Mets in New York.

Just came back from the beautifully redone Syracuse Mets, (whom I call the Smets to differentiate them from the parent club), ballpark. This time I was able to move around due to the relaxing of restrictions and walked from the new "Bullpen Bar" over the left field fence to the redone 'Salt City' Deck in right and all points in between, including the completely redone restaurant and souvenir shops , the two 'berns' in right and left field, and the shelf you can lean on that appears in various forms around the stadium. I also liked the tables you can sit around behind home plate. The Mets are certainly serious about making the Smets a success now that they own it and Syracuse baseball fans need to come out to the new palace and show their support of the effort.

Unfortunately, the Smets lost game one 5-8 and game two 4-5, (after talking a 4-0 lead), their 14th and 15th losses in a row, (they are now 11-33 on the season. The previous game I had attended they lost 1-16. They probably weren't going to be very good to begin with but with all the Met's injuries, much of their intended line-up has played in New York, (and some of the New York Mets have played here briefly). The starting pitcher for the second game was a guy the Smets had signed from the independent leagues, something that may become common now since the minor leagues have been stripped down. There doesn't seem to be many answers for the parent club down on the farm and Steve Cohen's #1 priority should be to build up the farm system.

Just came back from the beautifully redone Syracuse Mets, (whom I call the Smets to differentiate them from the parent club), ballpark. This time I was able to move around due to the relaxing of restrictions and walked from the new "Bullpen Bar" over the left field fence to the redone 'Salt City' Deck in right and all points in between, including the completely redone restaurant and souvenir shops , the two 'berns' in right and left field, and the shelf you can lean on that appears in various forms around the stadium. I also liked the tables you can sit around behind home plate. The Mets are certainly serious about making the Smets a success now that they own it and Syracuse baseball fans need to come out to the new palace and show their support of the effort.

Unfortunately, the Smets lost game one 5-8 and game two 4-5, (after talking a 4-0 lead), their 14th and 15th losses in a row, (they are now 11-33 on the season. The previous game I had attended they lost 1-16. They probably weren't going to be very good to begin with but with all the Met's injuries, much of their intended line-up has played in New York, (and some of the New York Mets have played here briefly). The starting pitcher for the second game was a guy the Smets had signed from the independent leagues, something that may become common now since the minor leagues have been stripped down. There doesn't seem to be many answers for the parent club down on the farm and Steve Cohen's #1 priority should be to build up the farm system.
Stadium is very nice - question now becomes is the city a baseball town or not.

Stadium is very nice - question now becomes is the city a baseball town or not.
I would think a lot of people would be starving just to go to any game at this point. I know I am. And the stadium upgrades are a major draw for me. I don’t think I’ve been to a game since Bryce Harper was in his brief AAA stint, but I plan on getting to a game soon.

I would think a lot of people would be starving just to go to any game at this point. I know I am. And the stadium upgrades are a major draw for me. I don’t think I’ve been to a game since Bryce Harper was in his brief AAA stint, but I plan on getting to a game soon.
I too think they will do great for a while. Long term...time will tell.

Nice report.

I went last night as well. It was my first time in the ballpark since the renovation.

I was impressed as well. Seems like everything has been painted orange or blue (good color scheme for this area). Lots of options for watching the game besides sitting in a traditional seat. Sitting at a table in the many areas where this is an option, sitting on the artificial turf berms near the foul poles, standing in the bar area, etc. I sat in a normal seat. They are wide and surprisingly comfortable. So much more so than the aluminum benches at the dome.

A bunch of random comments….

I had read that you could walk all the way around the stadium once inside post renovation. I didn’t see that as an option. Even if you could, it would be at ground level, where you can’t see anything. I was bummed by this a bit.

There are two concourses in the stadium. The lower one provides access to the box seats. The upper one provides access to the upper deck. There are some seats between them. They extended the upper concourse past the left field foul line, behind the outfield fence, and this is where the outdoor bar is. It seemed very popular. Lots of fans there. Lots of fans everywhere…didn’t hear a number for attendance but I would guess it was around 4000.

They extended the lower concourse beyond the right field foul line behind the fence to provide access behind the right field fence. I guess that area is devoted to tables. Good place to watch a game and eat. The enclosed restaurant is close by in foul territory. I believe they added big mostly glass garage style doors to the restaurant that can be opened on nice days. One or two were partly open last night. Looked like a foul ball had broken one of the big windows. Whoops

The cost for tickets starts at $14. That seems pretty high for this area. Especially for families.

I wish they added some outfield bleacher seats and sold them at a lower price. I think that would be really popular and well received. It looks like they still could install them under the bar beyond the left field fence. Hoping someday they extend the lower concourse behind the right field fence so bleachers can be added there.

That would require building over the SMets bullpen. Cool that the bullpens are located behind the outfield fence in left and right center. They have clear walls there so you can see when relief pitchers start warming up.

The scoreboard behind the left field is nice. No replays but it can show pictures and provides a lot of info. My favorite: the speed of each pitch and the velocity of batted balls.

They are using a 20 second clock on the pitchers this season. It encouraged faster play, which I liked. Some pitchers routined ignored the clock and exceed the time allotted to get a pitch off and were not penalized.

It was Dollar Thursday. Hotdogs, coneys and sodas were a dollar each. Draft beers were 2 dollars. The cups for the sodas and beers were small. 8 ounces I think. The lines were long and the concession staffing was not impressive with the speed they serviced their customers. I got in the shortest line mid game of game 1. There were probably 40-50 people in front of me. Maybe 20 people actually placed orders and paid. It took 20 minutes to get through those 20 orders and get to me. Not good. But I guess when you go to a game on dollar day and try to buy stuff for a dollar, this is going to happen.

Every employee I encountered was very friendly. Jason has done a great job changing the culture of the organization. The Simones seemed intent on hiring the gruffest, unlikeable people they could to staff the ballpark.

I was not impressed by the selection of food or the pricing. Hotdogs and coneys are normally priced at $4. Sausages are $7.50. Small beers are normally $8 and large ones $10. The hotdogs and coneys appeared to be Hofmans but they weren’t hot, even though they were taken off the grill and put in a bun, put in a wrapper and handed to me in a matter of seconds. The buns were actually pretty nice. Fresh and real rolls. Not that I could eat them….

I saw nachos were also available. Saw you could get a hotdog with chili, and I think you can get one with Mac and cheese. It looks like there is pizza available but it is really low quality. I know you can get a little helmet of ice cream too.

Peanuts, Cracker Jack and (I think) cotton candy were $4. I saw popcorn but it was not listed on the menu. Nothing was less than $4, even bottled water and sodas (normal price).

I don’t have a problem with fairly high prices but I wish if they are going to price food like that, there would be more variety and better quality. How about some local stuff people like and expect like salt potatoes. Chicken riggies. Twin trees pizza. Gianelli sausages served State Fair style. With a big grill where you can smell the food.

BBQ chicken. Chicken wings. Philly cheesesteak sandwiches.

It is great what they are doing with craft beer and for all the beer enthusiasts out there, this is a great place to check out. Just hoping a little thought and effort could be made for the rest of the fans out there.

This was my first time being part of a relatively big crowd, with no one wearing masks and it felt weird. I was kind of uncomfortable. But it also felt very good to be able to sit without a mask on, eat a hot dog and feel normal again. That was the best part of the experience.

Last edited:
Nice report.

I went last night as well. It was my first time in the ballpark since the renovation.

I was impressed as well. Seems like everything has been painted orange or blue (good color scheme for this area). Lots of options for watching the game besides sitting in a traditional seat. Sitting at a table in the many areas where this is an option, sitting on the artificial turf berms near the foul poles, standing in the bar area, etc. I sat in a normal seat. They are wide and surprisingly comfortable. So much more so than the aluminum benches at the dome.

A bunch of random comments….

I had read that you could walk all the way around the stadium once inside post renovation. I didn’t see that as an option. Even if you could, it would be at ground level, where you can’t see anything. I was bummed by this a bit.

There are two concourses in the stadium. The lower one provides access to the box seats. The upper one provides access to the upper deck. There are some seats between them. They extended the upper concourse past the left field foul line, behind the outfield fence, and this is where the outdoor bar is. It seemed very popular. Lots of fans there. Lots of fans everywhere…didn’t hear a number for attendance but I would guess it was around 4000.

They extended the lower concourse beyond the right field foul line behind the fence to provide access behind the right field fence. I guess that area is devoted to tables. Good place to watch a game and eat. The enclosed restaurant is close by in foul territory. I believe they added big mostly glass garage style doors to the restaurant that can be opened on nice days. One or two were partly open last night. Looked like a foul ball had broken one of the big windows. Whoops

The cost for tickets starts at $14. That seems pretty high for this area. Especially for families.

I wish they added some outfield bleacher seats and sold them at a lower price. I think that would be really popular and well received. It looks like they still could install them under the bar beyond the left field fence. Hoping someday they extend the lower concourse behind the right field fence so bleachers can be added there.

That would require building over the SMets bullpen. Cool that the bullpens are located behind the outfield fence in left and right center. They have clear walls there so you can see when relief pitchers start warming up.

The scoreboard behind the left field is nice. No replays but it can show pictures and provides a lot of info. My favorite: the speed of each pitch and the velocity of batted balls.

They are using a 20 second clock on the pitchers this season. It encouraged faster play, which I liked. Some pitchers routined ignored the clock and exceed the time allotted to get a pitch off and were not penalized.

It was Dollar Thursday. Hotdogs, coneys and sodas were a dollar each. Draft beers were 2 dollars. The cups for the sodas and beers were small. 8 ounces I think. The lines were long and the concession staffing was not impressive with the speed they serviced their customers. I got in the shortest line mid game of game 1. There were probably 40-50 people in front of me. Maybe 20 people actually placed orders and paid. It took 20 minutes to get through those 20 orders and get to me. Not good. But I guess when you go to a game on dollar day and try to buy stuff for a dollar, this is going to happen.

Every employee I encountered was very friendly. Jason has done a great job changing the culture of the organization. The Simones seemed intent on hiring the gruffest, unlikeable people they could to staff the ballpark.

I was not impressed by the selection of food or the pricing. Hotdogs and coneys are normally priced at $4. Sausages are $7.50. Small beers are normally $8 and large ones $10. The hotdogs and coneys appeared to be Hofmans but they weren’t hot, even though they were taken off the grill and put in a bun, put in a wrapper and handed to me in a matter of seconds. The buns were actually pretty nice. Fresh and real rolls. Not that I could eat them….

I saw nachos were also available. Saw you could get a hotdog with chili, and I think you can get one with Mac and cheese. It looks like there is pizza available but it is really low quality. I know you can get a little helmet of ice cream too.

Peanuts, Cracker Jack and (I think) cotton candy were $4. I saw popcorn but it was not listed on the menu. Nothing was less than $4, even bottled water and sodas (normal price).

I don’t have a problem with fairly high prices but I wish if they are going to price food like that, there would be more variety and better quality. How about some local stuff people like and expect like salt potatoes. Chicken riggies. Twin trees pizza. Gianelli sausages served State Fair style. With a big grill where you can smell the food.

BBQ chicken. Chicken wings. Philly cheesesteak sandwiches.

It is great what they are doing with craft beer and for all the beer enthusiasts out there, this is a great place to check out. Just hoping a little thought and effort could be made for the rest of the fans out there.

This was my first time being part of a relatively big crowd, with no one wearing masks and it felt weird. I was kind of uncomfortable. But it also felt very good to be able to sit without a mask on a hot dog and feel normal again. That was the best part of the experience.

Give me a chicken tender basket and a bottle of diet coke and I'm a happy guy. I arrived in the 5th inning of the first game and didn't get my food and get seated until the end of the 6th. And, with the new deck, you can't see the scoreboard from the left field concession stands so You couldn't keep track of what was happening. I assumed from the line that we had a capacity crowd but in the stands it was anything but. As you say, it was about 4,000, a good crowd but nothing special. They even had cardboard cut-outs in some seats.

I didn't see any way to circumnavigate the field, which I've always wanted to be able to do. There would have to have bene a walk-way across the bullpens but I didn't see one. But I enjoyed being able to see the game from a different angle. I love changing my perspective during a game. All seats are now assigned but they've built so many 'unofficial' places from which to watch the game that they've made it much more interesting. i love the shelves you can lean against and put your drink or whatever on, while you pause to take in the game from a particular spot. The outfield decks are great and I loved the picnic tables under the restaurant . That's a great view. I haven't tried the restaurant yet. It looks like a fancy version of a concession stand but has an elegant look to it. Really, the place looks like a palace compared to what we had.

if you are even a casual baseball fan in this area, get out to the ball park! It was as much fun going there and seeing what they had as it will be seeing the new and improved Dome this fall.

I went to a Las Vegas Aviators game a couple weeks ago. Oakland affiliate. Really nice stadium out in Summerlin, about a half hour from the house. Easy to get to, found parking quickly and a short walk into the stadium. Could get in the building for $12, a seat for $14. Everything was great until a double jack and coke cost $24. Beers were $12. Can't remember food prices, but it was comparable to what I'd pay at MSG.

I usually don't worry about paying a little more for things at events ("BEERS ARE ONLY $4 AT APPLEBEES") but I thought one of the perks of minor league ball was cheap beer and food lol. Thursdays are $2 beer night, but idk if i'll be able to make a habit of that on a weekday. Game started at 7, we got home at midnight. Fine for a weekend.

Anyway, I see a lot of my friends posting on facebook that they're catching sMet games. They all seem to be enjoying it!

It seems the employees from the Simone era were Carrier Dome ushers working a summer job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom