Syracuse-Michigan in the Final Four ranks as one of the highest rated sporting events so far in 2013 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse-Michigan in the Final Four ranks as one of the highest rated sporting events so far in 2013

can somebody explain why football is the only money driver?

judging by these the numbers arent that far off... is it because reg season games are significantly higher?

and people on syracuse.com are ripping axe man for this, it is a stat, a proven fact, people in this town are quite pathetic

can somebody explain why football is the only money driver?

judging by these the numbers arent that far off... is it because reg season games are significantly higher?

I have asked this question many times with no response. The best I can figure is the reason football is the big money maker is because all the basketball money is taken away by the NCAA. The bowls pre-date the NCAA and thus the Indy mafia have not been able to get their fingers into that pot - so the schools get it directly. In other words - I think the basketball side does make more money but there is an equivalent 99.5% tax on those earnings imposed by the NCAA.

. In other words - I think the basketball side does make more money but there is an equivalent 99.5% tax on those earnings imposed by the NCAA.
BS.

The basketball tournament is the NCAA's main revenue source.
It pays for all other sports championships excluding football.
Even after paying for all of that, at least 60% of the revenue is returned to its member schools/conferences.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374436872.613635.jpg

BS.

The basketball tournament is the NCAA's main revenue source.
It pays for all other sports championships excluding football.
Even after paying for all of that, at least 60% of the revenue is returned to its member schools/conferences.

View attachment 4289

BS? Like I said, the money gets taken away and redistributed. In other words - those who earned it don't keep it. On the football side, the specific program who earned the money determines what they will do with it. Of course many have voluntarily entered into agreements with conferences who take a cut, but still there is not an NCAA siphon before that stage.

SU made it to the Final Four and got 5 credits as a result, worth a penny fraction of the NCAA Tournament revenue.