Syracuse Nova Game Thread | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Nova Game Thread

What provoked Hunt??! Nothing happened there. Stupid, stupid. Don't think I have ever seen something like that on an innocent play.

Im sure its a compounded event with his ridiculously poor play, and he did get tackled high and nearly had his helmet ripped off.

We need to change the game plan right here during the half and try to get the ground game going immediately.

I'm already looking forward to the improvements we'll make during the bye week.

Doesn't seem like there is anything but improvements to be made. Excepting special teams the rest of the team seems to have caught the dysfunction bug.

You're calling Terrel Hunt, OUR quarterback, a loser?

Edit: never mind. Just saw what he did. Idiot.
Seriously? If you really mean that, pack your things and move on.

Trust me...I will. Season tickets gone. Away games done. Our QB throws a punch against an FCS team over pretty much nothing. Totally unacceptable.

Trust me...I will. Season tickets gone. Away games done. Our QB throws a punch against an FCS team over pretty much nothing. Totally unacceptable.
deep breath.. don't take it out on the rest of the team

Many of us predicted a close game at the half.
Let's rally behind Wilson. All the layers on offense need to step up their game.We get the ball to start the 2nd half. LGO!

Just tuned in. Ouch. All I can say is next man up. I just hope they don't dumb it down and throw 1 yard passes when they need 10. Let him run the play book and throw it around.

Looks like they need to get the running game going though.

I for one look forward to the Austin Wilson/AJ Long/Mitch Kimble era, even if it's only one half of football.

Punting from 35

Hard nosed

The half is almost over and your starting QB (the guy your staff determine was so far and away the best guy on the team) just got ejected, everybody on the team is reeling right now. the right move is to take the lead into the half and try to regroup, don't make a mistake that gives Nova a chance to tie the game going into the half, and give you absolutely nothing positive to work with against an FCS team

The Nova LB yanked his helmet after he was down. Douchey move but didn't warrant a punch in response. Duh-umb

Really? Didn't notice it. Must have been a weak attempt. Wow.

Does this mean GMacDonald will air it out with Austin? Would love to see SIshmael, Broyld and Estime on some big plays.

Well, we've sucked and we're leading. I think our intensity level will be jacked up in the second half.

I like that McDonald let Wilson throw it 2 times after he came in.

What the Nova defender did to Hunt happens on like one third of all tackles.

What a dope.

Really? Didn't notice it. Must have been a weak attempt. Wow.

Yeah - Hunt shouldn't have reacted like that. I imagine its out of frustration that he couldn't get the offense moving. Not a good sign from our leader.

It ought to be interesting to see Austin play the entire second half, let's just see what MacDonald does with this opportunity.

No offense, qb who seems to have regressed, young defense who are getting dink and dunked to death, could be a long year hopefully it's just first game struggles, but this looks a little GROB era esque right now.

No offense, qb who seems to have regressed, young defense who are getting dink and dunked to death, could be a long year hopefully it's just first game struggles, but this looks a little GROB era esque right now.

Um, small sample size...

Halftime. Three comments.

1. Wow, Coach Al Groh must be in the Hall of Fame, because he combines the gambling instincts of Kenny Rogers with the tactical acumen of George Patton.

2. We really underestimated these guys, and although the defensive player did drag his arm across his facemask on the tackle, Hunt punching that guy is going to get played 1000 times on ESPN. Unfortunately this temporary loss of control came across as a real punk move.

3. We are not bringing the lumber like we did last year. We are yapping a lot and taking some cheap shots out there. We look very chippy. Not a good sign.