Syracuse Nova Game Thread | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Nova Game Thread

I'm terrified they're going to jump a bubble screen for a pick six. We need to throw the ball vertically. Can Custis please get a ball his way? We are really missing something from the TE position.

SoBeCuse said:
Really? Didn't notice it. Must have been a weak attempt. Wow.

It was very weak. It wasn't like the dude was givin him the business. Just a simple dive on Hunt while he was down and rubbed his helmet up enough so Hunt tasted his chin strap.

It was peanuts; and Hunt imploded.

Not seeing much hardnosed football being played. Need to bring it in the second. I hope Hunt addresses the team and the coaches get's them focused with Wilson at the helm.

No offense, qb who seems to have regressed, young defense who are getting dink and dunked to death, could be a long year hopefully it's just first game struggles, but this looks a little GROB era esque right now.
Not a young defense - veterans in most spots, lots of seniors, the younger guys (hodge and Thompson) should be good. No excuses - just play.

It was very weak. It wasn't like the dude was givin him the business. Just a simple dive on Hunt while he was down and rubbed his helmet up enough so Hunt tasted his chin strap.

It was peanuts; and Hunt imploded.

Right. My take as well. Good lord.

3. We are not bringing the lumber like we did last year. We are yapping a lot and taking some cheap shots out there. We look very chippy. Not a good sign.

It's almost like our guys were drinking the kool-aid, and they bought their own hype, and forgot they have to play well on the field. Some guys were playing tight, others playing stupid, and others apparently got so frustrated with themselves they decided they wanted to go sit in the locker room for the rest of the night.

Not seeing much hardnosed football being played. Need to bring it in the second. I hope Hunt addresses the team and the coaches get's them focused with Wilson at the helm.

Sorry this is an awful post. Outside of, "sorry, guys," Hunt shouldn't be allowed to say anything. He lost his ability to be a vocal leader in this game.

Trust me...I will. Season tickets gone. Away games done. Our QB throws a punch against an FCS team over pretty much nothing. Totally unacceptable.
Understand your frustrated as ALL of us are but to take your jersey off and now turn on the rest of the team is what I would say is unacceptable. Move on, we won't miss ya.

My 3 obvious takeaways from the first half:

1. The defense has been poor, to put it mildly;
2. The offensive playcalling has been suspect - just run the damn ball up the middle; and
3. Al Groh SUCKS.

Remember when P used to run the ball down the throat of our weaker opponents? That was the right approach.

Also as a reminder, Wilson was 4th on the depth chart coming into fall camp. So if he struggles and the staff decides it's worth it to go with Long, I wouldn't be shocked if it becomes harder for Hunt to get the starting job back.

Im sure its a compounded event with his ridiculously poor play, and he did get tackled high and nearly had his helmet ripped off.

We need to change the game plan right here during the half and try to get the ground game going immediately.

I saw the same thing, Hunt's knees were already down and the 'nova player tackled him by the head. Based on all the NFL games I've seen lately that would've been a personal foul. I thought they were going to call offsetting personal fouls. Hunt does need to be much smarter though.

It is a pretty stunning indictment of your play calling tendencies when Al freaking Groh is calling out the plays based on personnel groupings. Hopefully we can stop being so damn predictable.