Syracuse Nova Game Thread | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Nova Game Thread

Well at least it was better than the Wake game last night. I can't wait to see what the rest of the ACC does tomorrow.

It gets tricky when the other coach adjusts too

Really? I thought every team just played the same exact way throughout the game like our coaches. Thank you for enlightening me.

Glad we won. But the coaching staff gets an F for this game. Never adjusted one bit on defense the entire game. You have to contain their QB not all out rush him. There was no contain on the outside to turn him back into the middle the whole game. Just unbelievable. And the overall team speed on defense is still poor. The Nova QB and receivers ran by defenders the whole game. No closing speed. UGH!

1. SB Nation‏@SBNation 8m
  2. Syracuse beat FCS Villanova 27-26 thanks to this fake field goal in double overtime: http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/8/29/6085219/syracuse-villanova-result-recap… https://vine.co/v/OBmvqppW9zT
  1. Vine
    Play
    proxy.jpg

1. Matt Schneidman‏@matt_schneidman 5m
    2. A punter threw the game-winning TD in the second OT and the starting QB got ejected for punching. D-1 27, FCS 26. Deuces.

I think it's the right call to go for 2 there. That was the exact same situation Syracuse faced against Auburn on the road in 2002, and SU kicked the PAT and went on to lose.

I remember being upset about the week 2 bye. Not anymore
Do we have time to hit the recruiting trail and find new players?

With our recent football programs and basketball programs I am beginning to wonder about the S&C program at Cuse now.

Syracuse is about to kick a field goal in the second overtime and my picture freezes on the last play before. I thought it was ATT or ESPN but then I checked the forum and learned about the fake,,,,arghhhh!
Now, I need to go into the archive later tonight to see the best play we ran. Boy do we need the bye week!

For as great as Acosta is at recruiting, it seems to be inversely related with how well our offensive line performs.

It's going to be a loooonnnnngggg season. Still have work to do on both sides of the ball.

I've never felt less joy after a win - this game was disgusting all the way around.

If nothing else I was hoping our offense had moved beyond the non-stop bubble screens

FSU, Clemson, L'Ville and ND must've been licking their chops tonite

Wonder what some of the 2015 recruits are thinking? Thank God for the Win but it was super UGLY!!!

The only bright spots I saw were Broyld, AAM and Irv.
Wilson handled a very difficult situation reasonably well.

The D got pushed all over and the biltzes just kept going past Patterson with absolutely no discipline time after time, after time. Is Bullough just stubborn?

The Oline pretty well got manhandled especially in the OT on the goal line. Shocking actually.

Hunt has to grow up a bit. Very bad for the team.

Shafer has stones but part of that is lack of faith - I don't blame him tonight.

We were severely out coached tonight and in the prep week.
I am starting to have serous doubts about Bullough. FSU, GTU and Clemson are one thing but we stunk up the place tonight against a Div II team. WOW.

Normally, I would say a win is a win, but it sounds stupid tonight.

The only bright spots I saw were Broyld, AAM and Irv.
Wilson handled a very difficult situation reasonably well.

The D got pushed all over and the biltzes just kept going past Patterson with absolutely no discipline time after time, after time. Is Bullough just stubborn?

The Oline pretty well got manhandled especially in the OT on the goal line. Shocking actually.

Hunt has to grow up a bit. Very bad for the team.

Shafer has stones but part of that is lack of faith - I don't blame him tonight.

We were severely out coached tonight and in the prep week.
I am starting to have serous doubts about Bullough. FSU, GTU and Clemson are one thing but we stunk up the place tonight against a Div II team. WOW.

Normally, I would say a win is a win, but it sounds stupid tonight.
PTG had to be a bright spot.

For as great as Acosta is at recruiting, it seems to be inversely related with how well our offensive line performs.

That's not Acosta - that is Adam. And there are many on this board who felt like it was a very big reach to hire him. Game 1 is not a very good sign.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom