• Saturday, Noon-12:30

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Saturday 3:30-4pm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday 5pm or later

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
that flight between syr and dfw used to be there. I took it often. Pissed me off to no end when they stopped it. Maybe 15 years ago?
I think it actually lasted until 2007 or 08

Yeah it was nice. I didn't worry if I missed a connection back to San Antonio...as they flew every hour from DFW to SAT.

The old Bombardier were kinda cramped but I didn't complain...better than going through PHL or CLT

that flight between syr and dfw used to be there. I took it often. Pissed me off to no end when they stopped it. Maybe 15 years ago?
Frontier had the direct to RDU. I go to Cary at least once a year for golf/visit friend, pulled it during Covid, sucks. Hopefully it will get reinstated before NC State.

Frontier had the direct to RDU. I go to Cary at least once a year for golf/visit friend, pulled it during Covid, sucks. Hopefully it will get reinstated before NC State.
Hopefully, SYR airport announced they are seeing traffic increasing at a good clip. Some of the majors are reintroducing bigger jets back into Cuse

Could have sworn it was there a month or two ago. Yes, this stinks.

I would think with all the travel related to athletics between Syracuse and the NC teams, a daily direct flight would be a no brainer. Maybe stop it during the summer...

Weird. I wonder if the ACC could strike some kind of a deal with an airline to become the official airline of the conference and get daily direct flights between all member schools as part of the deal?

i think it was less than 15 years ago. Was a great way to get back to SYR for PHX and other points in western part of country. I used to take it a lot. although 3+ hours are a crappy regional jet was miserable.

i think it was less than 15 years ago. Was a great way to get back to SYR for PHX and other points in western part of country. I used to take it a lot. although 3+ hours are a crappy regional jet was miserable.
Yeah I can't remember exactly when it ended... might have been as late as '09 or '10. I remember buying one of those portable DVD players and watching one or two movies...that helped kill the time.

Just a heads up for those that want to take a flyer and pick Saturday night...the MAC Tix Rep told me if the game gets the ESPN3 or ESPN+ treatment they usually like to open up Labor Day with a 6pm or later kickoff.

Can we expect start times for the first three games to be released soon? Don't those start times for the first three usually get released around the same time (usually late May)?

Can we expect start times for the first three games to be released soon? Don't those start times for the first three usually get released around the same time (usually late May)?

This is privileged information. Only available to those who were checking out the Schedule Rumors thread just after midnight eastern.

(Mark says Thursday).

I knew I should have checked that thread, but I figured it was mostly a lively discussion on our newly-announced 287th matchup against Colgate.
shandeezy7 you need to go to Ohio.

Hopefully a nooner for Ohio...got Camp stuff to do like swimming and boating. If a nooner...we are leaving Cuse early Friday afternoon...leaving right after the game end for NY.

Athens is a cool town so I've been told.

shandeezy7 you need to go to Ohio.

Hopefully a nooner for Ohio...got Camp stuff to do like swimming and boating. If a nooner...we are leaving Cuse early Friday afternoon...leaving right after the game end for NY.

I’d love to but Labor Day weekend is always jam packed for me. Only about a 6 hour drive from Buffalo though, so a drivable overnighter.

I’d love to but Labor Day weekend is always jam packed for me. Only about a 6 hour drive from Buffalo though, so a drivable overnighter.
Keep it in mind...I probably won't buy tickets until mid July. I expect they will cost about $20 each plus tailgate. Fairly cheap lodging in Marietta, OH and Parkersburg, WV. Both are about 40 mins away from Athens.

@shandeezy7 you need to go to Ohio.

Mark,
I’m a little biased as OU is my alma mater but Athens is a great little college town. It’s not a big city with a ton of city things to do but it is a beautiful little place. The school is the city. Athens sits in the hills on the mighty Hocking River. I’ll certainly be down there. it will be very strange being there and rooting against my alma mater. God we better win that one. I’ll get so much stuff if we don’t.

Mark,
I’m a little biased as OU is my alma mater but Athens is a great little college town. It’s not a big city with a ton of city things to do but it is a beautiful little place. The school is the city. Athens sits in the hills on the mighty Hocking River. I’ll certainly be down there. it will be very strange being there and rooting against my alma mater. God we better win that one. I’ll get so much stuff if we don’t.
Ha! I find it funny that someone programmed 'dollar sign h-i-t' to read as 'stuff'. Were making sure to keep it really PG here on this board.

Mark,
I root against Syracuse when they play Le Moyne in exhibition hoops. It’s a morally grey area when it comes to non-P5 Alma Mater.

Good call by OrangeXtreme

Here are the MAC slots for September 4th:

Saturday, September 4
Central Michigan at Missouri - 4 pm (SEC Network)
Northern Illinois at Georgia Tech - 7:30 pm ET/6:30 pm CT (ACC Network)
Norfolk State at Toledo - 7 pm (ESPN3)
Western Michigan at Michigan - Noon (ESPN)
Akron at Auburn - 7 pm (ESPN+/SEC Network+)
Bowling Green at Tennessee
Wagner at Buffalo - 7 pm (ESPN3)
Kent State at Texas A&M - 8 pm (ESPNU)
Miami at Cincinnati - 3:30 pm (ESPN+)
Syracuse at Ohio - 7 pm (CBSSN)

Kent @ Texas A&M got the ESPNU slot Matt thought we might get.

Thank god we didn't get the ESPN+ slot that Auburn got or the ESPN3 slot UB got.

It could have been worse.