Syracuse opens -14 over Clemson | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse opens -14 over Clemson

Was at one of the hotels on the hill tonight and the bartender said they were booked with Clemson fans for tomorrow's game. I didn't think they traveled as much for basketball but if my luck continues as it has all season I'll have a Clemson fan sitting next to me for sure.

This is a large number for what is likely to be a 55 possession game.

That's what I'm thinking too. A 14 pt game at the pace this is likely to be played is like 20+ in a "normal" game. Seems like a lot.

Clemson struggles enough to score that if they get down the game could get away from them. But its not like we play at a fast pace either so it would seem that it would take a while for them to be down big enough to have to try and change their attack plan.

That's what I'm thinking too. A 14 pt game at the pace this is likely to be played is like 20+ in a "normal" game. Seems like a lot.

I agree. I think vegas is playing upon the normal misconception amongst those who dont put in their study that a number one team that recently beat Duke(who has laid waste to teams on multiple occasions recently) can handle midling teams by a decent margin. Even so, I do declare this line is high for a team with their conference record. I think a lot of misconceptions are balanced on number ones, and maybe from a new number one who hasn't had that tag for long.

If the public becomes savvy enough, the lines will move down accordingly, but not until necessary.

Clemson struggles enough to score that if they get down the game could get away from them. But its not like we play at a fast pace either so it would seem that it would take a while for them to be down big enough to have to try and change their attack plan.

Not only that, but Vegas might not take into account JB'S use of walk ons if we are up quite a bit.

O/u is pretty low at 114.5

Seems high in my view.

I took the under 106.5 at odds of +250.

I think we hold Clemson to 40-43 points.

The average acc game score at the dome excluding the Duke game, is

Syracuse 57
Opponent 49

Clemson has been under 106, in 44% of games and both the last two.

Add in Clemson bring a bad 3pt shooting team. I like the odds at under 106.5.

For whatever reason these teams that beat our tails in football I want to beat the crap out of particularly Clemson.

I continue to under-guess our lines.

I figured given each team's slow pace that it would be high single digits.
I just don't get why people think we want a slow pace. JB has said on more than one occasion that the low scores are a direct result of the other team's attempt to control clock/tempo.

There is no doubt in my mind that JB would rather play at pace similar to the UNC and Duke games but our opponents won't allow it. Tempo control is one of the problems when you play zone. Thankfully we're proven to be proficient at any pace.

I know this doesn't have anything to do with Clemson, but how many times has Anthony mentioned how Dawkins isn't in the game for Michigan State. I'm so sick of hearing how Michigan State well they are losing for this reason or this guy isnt in. Nobody gave a rats ass when Southerland was out for six games last year.

Seems high in my view.

I took the under 106.5 at odds of +250.

I think we hold Clemson to 40-43 points.

Nice to get a +250 bet, when the rest of my bets this year have been shaky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom