Syracuse opens at +11.5 vs NC State | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse opens at +11.5 vs NC State

cuse10

All American
Thoughts. Vegas thinks too high or too low of the Orange?

NC State is good and at home but I think those are too many points. I would have expected the spread around 6 or 7 points. I know they beat an athletic FSU squad but I believe they also beat a disorganized FSU team. We'll see where the money flows.

We'll see where the money flows.
Early money is flowing Red. Spread is up to 13 at most books. ML sits at +400 for a Cuse win implying a 20% chance to win outright.

Last edited:
Alot of love for that QB right now.. Then you back and look at this passes vs FSU only 3-4 throws over 10 yds the whole game and 11 behind the line.. I know we like the short throws too but still.

NC State is good and at home but I think those are too many points. I would have expected the spread around 6 or 7 points. I know they beat an athletic FSU squad but I believe they also beat a disorganized FSU team. We'll see where the money flows.

Disorganized or not, 6-7 means we're a mere FG worse on a neutral vs one of the better teams in conference. That's way more respect than we've earned. I'm pleasantly surprised it's under 2 TDs honestly [pleasant because I have lots of respect for these #'s].

Im waiting to see the injury reports before I drop a cent

I was watching some of CBS Inside College Football tonight. Their 4 prognosticators were each making one upset prediction for this weekend. Brian Jones is picking SU to upset NC State.

I was watching some of CBS Inside College Football tonight. Their 4 prognosticators were each making one upset prediction for this weekend. Brian Jones is picking SU to upset NC State.
I'd be beyond pumped if we won.

I'd love to show that our tough play last week wasn't a fluke. I know VT >> NCSU, but I want a "it's not their fault...they didn't know" moment.

it could easily be a game just like last week.. 3-7 pt game all the way to the end and then late score and no cover.. i just hope we dont go down early again and have to fight uphill all game..

For the first time in a long time against ACC foes- I think we are going to win, and for one week at least, see what Dino has been talking about in terms of the system.

My own instinct is the range of possible outcomes are a 4 point SU win to a 17 point SU loss. I think for us to win we need one or more special plays to happen on special teams or D. I've been impressed with our special teams play and feel that's the more likely source. NC State is successful in part because they don't turn the ball over, except against S Carolina which they lost.

can't be 4-2 without a win this week, which would negate the mental loss that lead to physical loss vs MTSU

They run a lot of little screens and short passes like we do. We handle those pretty well. I’d expect some deep shots if they think their WR can do what LSU’s did... and that makes me nervous.

it could easily be a game just like last week.. 3-7 pt game all the way to the end and then late score and no cover.. i just hope we dont go down early again and have to fight uphill all game..

Vegas likes NCST against us and i understand why. Even being on let down alert. We have their attention and they are talented and at home. I think we either beat them in a close one or get blown outta the stadium. Just a vibe, hope i am wrong and we are competing either way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom