Syracuse players in 2019 NFL draft | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse players in 2019 NFL draft

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
Okay NFL draft gurus, time to give your projections of SU players in the 2019 NFL draft.

I’ve seen Slayton as a mid round pick. Anybody else have draft prospects? Dungey? Conway? Custis?

I’d love to see Syracuse back to the point where we’re consistently getting 5 or 6 guys drafted each year. It’s been such a long time since we’ve been there.

I think earlier this season it was predicted that Slayton would be a 6th rounder. Not sure if that has changed at all.

Conway and Custis did not do themselves favors last night.

Slayton will surely get drafted (5th or 6th rounder). Other guys could work their way in with good combine showings. I still feel like someone will take a flyer on Dungey. He could be a Taysom Hill type, which seems to be working out for the Saints. He’ll need to put up a good 40 time at the combine.

don't think custis helped himself last night with the penalties.

This.

It’s not this year’s draft, but the next 3 after it where we’ll be having a LOT of dudes get their names called.

Robinson, Coleman, Cisco, Trill, Melifonwu ... thats just naming 5 that’ll surely be drafted imo.

Would not be surprised if Richards, jonathan and CF got looks too.

Hell Shy could have a Spruill like senior year

don't think custis helped himself last night with the penalties.
I was at the game last night and Custus was mugged all night long. No reason for him on a retaliation one but the refs were horrible on the no calls of the mugging. Also ED missed him a couple times either under shot or a over throw. Just saying it wasn't all his fault.

Last edited:
I’d love to see Syracuse back to the point where we’re consistently getting 5 or 6 guys drafted each year. It’s been such a long time since we’ve been there.
It is a bit of an exaggeration to claim that this program ever “consistently” got five or six guys drafted. There was a nice stretch from 88 to 90 where six guys were drafted in each of those years, but of course there were twelve rounds back then. If there were still twelve rounds, recent classes would look more impressive than they do.

Slayton
Martin
Dungey
Custis

All have a strong chance to hear their name called. I'd expect Martin to be the first guy off the board The combine will help determine where / what round.

It is a bit of an exaggeration to claim that this program ever “consistently” got five or six guys drafted. There was a nice stretch from 88 to 90 where six guys were drafted in each of those years, but of course there were twelve rounds back then. If there were still twelve rounds, recent classes would look more impressive than they do.
True, but if we are able to put 5-6 guys in the draft each year it will say a lot about the state of our program.

Maybe we start small and put 3-4 in each year

Slayton
Martin
Dungey
Custis

All have a strong chance to hear their name called. I'd expect Martin to be the first guy off the board The combine will help determine where / what round.

Hope your right RF!

I'd be very surprised if there are more than 2 from that list. FA shots, definetly. Slayton has the best odds at being drafted. I think Custis odds are slim at best.

Do we all think Slayton is better than Arthur Jones? I may have recency bias, but I think he is.

Jones was a 5th Round selection... and Slayton is an inch taller.

Do we all think Slayton is better than Arthur Jones? I may have recency bias, but I think he is.

Jones was a 5th Round selection... and Slayton is an inch taller.
Hell no. art Jones was a starting defensive tackle on a super bowl champion team. He was only a fifth-round selection because he tore his pectoral muscle during his senior season.

I love slayton, and hope he makes the league, but I don't agree with this premise.

I'm not a draft guru by any stretch of the imagination, but Babers feels that Guthrie, Slayton, Dungey, Conway are all NFL caliber. This is from listening to his comments in his postgame pressers

Hell no. art Jones was a starting defensive tackle on a super bowl champion team. He was only a fifth-round selection because he tore his pectoral muscle during his senior season.

I love slayton, and hope he makes the league, but I don't agree with this premise.

You might be right. I remember Jones was very good but I thought Slayton, against better competition, was just as good/important to our team this past year.

Slayton
Martin
Dungey
Custis

I dunno... Martin got beat up against anyone with talent... Dungey has terrible accuracy and struggles to read the field... Custis struggles to get separation or win balls. I hope they get drafted but I am skeptical.

Slayton
Martin
Dungey
Custis

Is be absolutely thrilled, but more stunned...if anyone besides slayton gets a phone call during the draft to tell him he’s pIcked.

and that’s fine, we’ve had a tough go.

All that will change as Dino’s boys startt declaring...

See I do because Slayton was a man tonight. Who ever tried blocking him got chewed up. Great game. Will surprise everyone in NFL.

Is be absolutely thrilled, but more stunned...if anyone besides slayton gets a phone call during the draft to tell him he’s pIcked.

and that’s fine, we’ve had a tough go.

All that will change as Dino’s boys startt declaring...

This.

What DB said is coach speak IMO. I could see Custis and ED getting into camps after the draft but i would be very surprised if Custis sees any time in the NFL. However, he does have the body the NFL likes in a WR, if he had shown up as more of a factor in 2-3 more games I think he’d be a late rounder

See I do because Slayton was a man tonight. Who ever tried blocking him got chewed up. Great game. Will surprise everyone in NFL.

I think that Slayton is terrific. Art Jones was a high quality starter in the League. Slayton has a lot of ground to cover before it can be declared that he's "better."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom