Syracuse players in 2019 NFL draft | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse players in 2019 NFL draft

This.

What DB said is coach speak IMO. I could see Custis and ED getting into camps after the draft but i would be very surprised if Custis sees any time in the NFL. However, he does have the body the NFL likes in a WR, if he had shown up as more of a factor in 2-3 more games I think he’d be a late rounder

That's an understatement -- Custis is 6-6 and 225, with speed. His measureables are exactly what the NFL covets. Plus, he showed good hands this year and made a lot of difficult catches.

He'll attract attention for sure. He's not just big, he also has wheels. If he lacked an attribute -- speed, production, etc. -- I'd be inclined to agree with you. But I think he's an athletic freak.

ED -- time will tell. Every draft, teams pore over every level of collegiate ball looking for developmental types at QB. Dungey's accuracy didn't take the leap forward many expected, but I'd imagine that when we get to the late rounds, he's going to be more attractive than a lot of other prospects. Only takes one team.

I am of the mindset that not all players that can play in the NFL are in the NFL. with that being said, I don't know why some here poo poo on some of the other Leagues that are out there or just starting up. It would be awesome if these kids end up in the NFL, but I would think the opportunity to continue to play ball would still keep their dream alive and provide some financial compensation to them for playing the game that they love, the bonus to me as a fan is that I may still get a chance to see some of the players I have cheered for over the years a little while longer..just my thoughts.

I think that Slayton is terrific. Art Jones was a high quality starter in the League. Slayton has a lot of ground to cover before it can be declared that he's "better."
Maybe I think he can be though and I loved Jones.

I am of the mindset that not all players that can play in the NFL are in the NFL. with that being said, I don't know why some here poo poo on some of the other Leagues that are out there or just starting up. It would be awesome if these kids end up in the NFL, but I would think the opportunity to continue to play ball would still keep their dream alive and provide some financial compensation to them for playing the game that they love, the bonus to me as a fan is that I may still get a chance to see some of the players I have cheered for over the years a little while longer..just my thoughts.

I’ve never heard anyone on here poo poo about our guys ending up in other leagues. I’ve only seen positive responses when that has happened in the past.

That's an understatement -- Custis is 6-6 and 225, with speed. His measureables are exactly what the NFL covets. Plus, he showed good hands this year and made a lot of difficult catches.

He'll attract attention for sure. He's not just big, he also has wheels. If he lacked an attribute -- speed, production, etc. -- I'd be inclined to agree with you. But I think he's an athletic freak.

ED -- time will tell. Every draft, teams pore over every level of collegiate ball looking for developmental types at QB. Dungey's accuracy didn't take the leap forward many expected, but I'd imagine that when we get to the late rounds, he's going to be more attractive than a lot of other prospects. Only takes one team.

We’ll see. I think he’s an athletic freak too but there are a lot of WR’s in the draft with a lot Of production, physical freaks and history of dominating games.

I’ve never heard anyone on here poo poo about our guys ending up in other leagues. I’ve only seen positive responses when that has happened in th
I’ve never heard anyone on here poo poo about our guys ending up in other leagues. I’ve only seen positive responses when that has happened in the past.
Not necessarily about our guys in the leagues, but the league themselves. I mentioned it because I've read some responses on a few threads that made me wonder, so I put it out there, just because you haven't read it, doesn't mean it wasn't wrote.

For some reason I see ED as a TE like Kelso for KC. Crazy and competes with a lot of passion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom