Syracuse Pro Day: March 18 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Pro Day: March 18

So Pierce is not a combine invitee
He apparently wants to go to the nfl
As a receiver
And in front of scouts from 26 teams
He does not run a 40??
Or perhaps selective reporting?

I’m a little confused. Eric Dungy stated that several of his throwing fundamentals were wrong all these years. If true, where does that put our coaching staff in all of this? They were blind to his flaws in throwing but yet we pay them to be well informed in all of this stuff. Something does not make sense.

Probably two things: 1) Its a tactic by Dungey and his team to make it appear to scouts like he's just finally figuring out and fixing his poor throwing mechanics. 2) The staff knew he had poor throwing mechanics, but probably didn't want to toy with it and mess with his psyche, as he made up for it in other areas of his game..

So Pierce is not a combine invitee
He apparently wants to go to the nfl
As a receiver
And in front of scouts from 26 teams
He does not run a 40??
Or perhaps selective reporting?
Probably that graphics just shows the positives. He probably didn't have a great 40 time

That looks like captain America before vs after
It must be said if that was a kid from another school we would be thinking something was fishy. Also is there an example of any NFL quarterback ever who has carried that kind of mass? I think Eric may see his future is not QB

I figured cupping was a little too alternative to be used by pro athletes.
Whatever works, I guess.

My question about Dungey is how in the world has his footwork and mechanics not been corrected over the past four years? What is our quarterback coach doing? I find this disconcerting.

It's not a secret or a surprise. It was evident to anyone who watched.

Based on the throws they had him do the staff was working around his issues and he was able to do what they needed him to.

My question about Dungey is how in the world has his footwork and mechanics not been corrected over the past four years? What is our quarterback coach doing? I find this disconcerting.

Or maybe some of it is on the player to put forth the effort TO correct the footwork.

College coaches can only coach you for an allotted amount of time. They can tell you to correct something all day long but whether you do it or not is up to you. Now the draft is upon him and he knows he needs to correct his footwork so he goes to a footwork trainer and that's all he does.

How many times did some of us go crazy because he would through craptastic passes off his backfoot. And the poor footwork are reasons why he under threw so many passes on the deep ball.

I’m a little confused. Eric Dungy stated that several of his throwing fundamentals were wrong all these years. If true, where does that put our coaching staff in all of this? They were blind to his flaws in throwing but yet we pay them to be well informed in all of this stuff. Something does not make sense.

We all saw his wrong throwing fundamentals every single Saturday. Do you think the coaches were blind to these flaws?

Or maybe some of it is on the player to put forth the effort TO correct the footwork.

College coaches can only coach you for an allotted amount of time. They can tell you to correct something all day long but whether you do it or not is up to you. Now the draft is upon him and he knows he needs to correct his footwork so he goes to a footwork trainer and that's all he does.

How many times did some of us go crazy because he would through craptastic passes off his backfoot. And the poor footwork are reasons why he under threw so many passes on the deep ball.

Phat is 100% right in all of this. I wasn't too thrilled to hear ED's comments, but understand why he is doing it. The staff identified his footwork problem and they definitely worked with him to get them better. Part of it's on Dungey that when he got in game scenario, he went right back to what was comfortable and used to. I get that he has to have some hype to get draft evaluators to but into a rising stock, but it seems every interview with his draft prep team and him gives a negative evaluation of the training he had at Syracuse. I'm not buying what they're selling. ED has always had poor lower body mechanics. When I did his recruiting write up 4 years ago, I highlighted it. His muscle memory simply overrode everything else when he got into game situations. Don't get me wrong, I love him for what he did at SU. He's a warrior and a special QB that will go down in our Cuse folklore, but when he struggled, it was mainly because of his lower half definicies.

Part of it's on Dungey that when he got in game scenario, he went right back to what was comfortable and used to. ...His muscle memory simply overrode everything else when he got into game situations.

I also believe this is exactly what will happen again when he gets his NFL shot.

What are those bruises (?) on Eric's back?
It looks like he's been attacked by leeches.
Cupping used to increase blood flow to specific muscle areas also recovery.

I want to say that some of this is also agent spin to help to explain inconsistent play.

How can Dungey graduate if he hasn’t been in class since last semester? He might have enough credits due to summer school over the years, but you can do only so many online courses.

How can Dungey graduate if he hasn’t been in class since last semester? He might have enough credits due to summer school over the years, but you can do only so many online courses.
What are you insinuating?

4 summers of classes more than makes up for leaving a semester early. Pretty easy to compile 120 credits when you're taking classes for 4 summers.

It also depends on how many credits you come into SU with. My son came in with a semesters worth. My son had a class or two most semesters with Dungey and Whitner. Fall semester this year the prof asked how many students were graduating in December. My son said 6-7 students raised their hands but he said he didn’t pay attention to who did so he doesn’t know if Dungey did. He may have also been 1 course short and took it online this semester.

I figured cupping was a little too alternative to be used by pro athletes.
Whatever works, I guess.
I think I saw a guy in the NCAA game with marks that looked the same as Dungey had.

Eric dropped weight Tommy said he was ripped , and threw well , the 40s were hand timed if that matters to scouts

Hand timed is faster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom