Syracuse profile on Jermaine Lawrence | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse profile on Jermaine Lawrence

I know MW has only done two of these, but I enjoy these profiles.

LGO!!!

FL is pulling in a great recruiting class. The decision may come down to where he will get the most PT between Fl and us.

Florida isn't aas much for forwards but more for bigs and Guards.
We are known for swing forwards first and foremost.
Melo, Warrick, Greene, Wes Johnson, Joseph all got drafted, Nichols, and Paul Haris (who was a PF in a SG's body) were right on the draft line. Nichols may have made a roster for awhile also.

I joke not when I say that those have been our last 7 SF's.
Its no secret either. CJ, Southerland, and Jerami Grant our next three are already knocking on the NBA's door. :D

Florida isn't for forwards but more for bigs and Guards.
Melo, Warrick, Greene, Wes Johnson, Joseph all got drafted, Nichols, and Paul Haris (who was a PF in a SG's body) were right on the draft line. Nichols may have made a roster for awhile also.

Its no secret either. CJ, Southerland, and Jerami Grant our next three are already knocking on the NBA's door. :D
Nichols would have beem drafted but for a false positive lab test (hepititas or something like that, I believe)

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Florida isn't aas much for forwards but more for bigs and Guards.

Not for nothing, but Josh Pace was our starting 3 as often as Nichols in 2004 and 2005. But you're right, it is an impressive string of small forwards and tweeners. Darn shame that Harris didn't have slightly better luck.

Not for nothing, but Josh Pace was our starting 3 as often as Nichols in 2004 and 2005. But you're right, it is an impressive string of small forwards and tweeners. Darn shame that Harris didn't have slightly better luck.

I'm not suggesting that Harris was better than Devendorf, but I would have liked to have seen what Paul could have done if he'd had the opportunity to be a full time 2. His best stretch of play [my opinion only] came during his sophomore season, when due to the injuries he had to play WG. He wasn't much of a shooter, but his physical attributes made him a real mismatch, and he got to the line a ton.

Definitely his best stint while at SU. Who knows how he might have developed if he'd played there more.

I'm not suggesting that Harris was better than Devendorf, but I would have liked to have seen what Paul could have done if he'd had the opportunity to be a full time 2. His best stretch of play [my opinion only] came during his sophomore season, when due to the injuries he had to play WG. He wasn't much of a shooter, but his physical attributes made him a real mismatch, and he got to the line a ton.

Definitely his best stint while at SU. Who knows how he might have developed if he'd played there more.

That's exactly how I feel about it. I wonder if Boeheim's insistence on playing Christmas at the four (despite his comfort at center) is somewhat shaped by the Harris experience. His only shot at playing professionally was at the two; moreover, I'd argue that he'd have helped Syracuse more at that position. As you noted, he'd have been a mismatch, he was a very solid free-throw shooter (both of which we saw in his dominant performance at Nova in 2008), and he could have been a more athletic Dion at the top of the zone.

With time (and effort), he could've become a good shooter. He developed into somewhat serviceable from about 16 feet on the baseline by his junior year. I think some consistency could have helped him in the long run (though, in reality, consistency wasn't a luxury we could afford during his first two years, and his mental makeup clearly didn't mesh with Boeheim's teaching style).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom