Syracuse QB Tommy DeVito wasn't only freshman to shine vs. UNC (what we learned) | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse QB Tommy DeVito wasn't only freshman to shine vs. UNC (what we learned)

Includes reporting and post-rewatch observations on:
-Standout defensive contributors CB Ifeatu Melifonwu and LB Shyheim Cullen
-What went wrong with Eric Dungey in the game
-Freshman WR Taj Harris starting over Devin Butler

The play to the UNC TE i wonder if that play was explained.. its one thing to run it during a game and you are trying for a big play, its another to run it where a 1st down wins the game.. its not hat that the TE should have bent down to catch it, he is a big boy, he should have shut the route down instead of floating deeper, had he done that the throw is probably not low and he does catch it. that needs to made clear by coaches in that spot and who knows if it was.

Includes reporting and post-rewatch observations on:
-Standout defensive contributors CB Ifeatu Melifonwu and LB Shyheim Cullen
-What went wrong with Eric Dungey in the game
-Freshman WR Taj Harris starting over Devin Butler

I’m not so sure Harris started over butler or whether his suspension carried through the 1st quarter. Like an injured player, butler didn’t even have his helmet until after the 1st quarter when it was given to him.

Speaking of freshman, does anyone know why Cisco didn't play for at least the first two defensive series? Was that covered on here somewhere already?

I thought it was bc they changed the base D and Cordy moved from nickle to safety.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, they wanted more of a run D safety than coverage due to UNC's running ability.

I thought it was bc they changed the base D and Cordy moved from nickle to safety.

Based on how the UNC offense carved up our D on the first possession, that move did not appear to help.

Based on how the UNC offense carved up our D on the first possession, that move did not appear to help.

It felt like I was watching a "How to box out" video as they curled and were open every time.

really would like an all 22 view to understand why so many WR were open most of the game.. drop back wait 5 secs guy would appear with 5 yds of separation, throw the ball . we had them in 3rd and long to start the game and could shut them down.

really would like an all 22 view to understand why so many WR were open most of the game.. drop back wait 5 secs guy would appear with 5 yds of separation, throw the ball . we had them in 3rd and long to start the game and could shut them down.

Seems like we play a very soft zone often. As a fan that manifests itself in an environment whet it almost always seems we are 2/4 yards from making a play.

Drives me nuts why we can’t play more man with the back defenders we have.

there a lot of completed passes that are against our Man D though. we tend to play more zone on presumed passing downs but still its not like we have lock down corners. they are solid, not elite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom