Syracuse record vs. every ACC opponent since joining the conference | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse record vs. every ACC opponent since joining the conference

Alsacs

Living Legend
Boston College 6-2 WLWWWWLW

Clemson 2-2 WLLW

Duke 3-3 WLLLWW

Florida State 4-1 WWWLW

Georgia Tech 2-2 LWWL

Louisville 1-3 WLLL

Maryland* 1-0 W

Miami 3-2 WWLLW

North Carolina 1-5 WLLLLL

NC State 3-2 WLLWW

Notre Dame 3-1 WWWL

Pitt 3-6 WWLLLLLWL

Virginia 2-3 LLLWW

Virginia Tech 4-1 WWWWL

Wake Forest 4-0 WWWW

Left is older the more right is last matchup.
42-33 overall
41- 30 regular season
0-2 ACC Tournament
1-1 NCAA Tournament

UNC has owned us. The rest pretty solid. UNC is like Gtown in the 80's when they owned us.

Last edited:
14 of 24 to 3 schools if you add Louisville. I have a feeling that Pitt record will turn around though. Let's hope those 2 schools get on probation...

19-20 since we went 14-4 in the 2013-2014 ACC regular season. We've hovered around the 7th-9th best each year in that time. That's bad.

Pitt, Louisville and UNC. The first two have routinely played tougher than us. All three kill us on the glass.

Clemson, GTech, NC State and BC...having multiple losses to those programs in that time period is also U-G-L-Y.

Good Post Alsacs, but I think you need to go back and check your math. I have us as 42-33 since we joined the conference... I think you are missing this year.

14 of 24 to 3 schools if you add Louisville. I have a feeling that Pitt record will turn around though. Let's hope those 2 schools get on probation...

Hopefully, when Artis and Young graduate and move on this year, Pitt will be a wasteland of BC proportions. They are losing 4 of their top 5 scorers, and have nobody else really worth anything to replace them on the roster. They have a 6-man class coming in, but no top 100 recruits. They could be really bad next year and hopefully for eternity.

What's each team's NCAA tournament record since we've joined? Interested to see us vs. UVA/UL/UNC/Duke

Boston College 6-2 WLWWWWLW

Clemson 2-2 WLLW

Duke 3-3 WLLLWW

Florida State 4-1 WWWLW

Georgia Tech 2-2 LWWL

Louisville 1-3 WLLL

Maryland* 1-0 W

Miami 3-2 WWLLW

North Carolina 1-5 WLLLLL

NC State 3-2 WLLWW

Notre Dame 3-1 WWWL

Pitt 3-6 WWLLLLLWL

Virginia 2-3 LLLWW

Virginia Tech 4-1 WWWWL

Wake Forest 3-0 WWW

Left is older the more right is last matchup.
33-24 overall
32- 21 regular season
0-2 ACC Tournament
1-1 NCAA Tournament

UNC has owned us. The rest pretty solid. UNC is like Gtown in the 80's when they owned us.

Nice job pulling that together. It is way better than I was thinking it would be. UNC has been at peak performance since our second year. We smashed them our first year. UL and Pitt - nothing new there. This is encouraging considering that we have struggled over the past couple regular seasons.

Hopefully, when Artis and Young graduate and move on this year, Pitt will be a wasteland of BC proportions. They are losing 4 of their top 5 scorers, and have nobody else really worth anything to replace them on the roster. They have a 6-man class coming in, but no top 100 recruits. They could be really bad next year and hopefully for eternity.

Post of the year candidate there. Solid work, Jasoncuse, very solid.

From your mouth to god's ears.

It just shows that certain coaches play a style geared to beat the JB system and because we don't change, they continue to beat our system. Whether or not you want to admit it Dixon and Pitino have owned JB for a number of years. Roy Boy, while not as physical as Louisville and Pitt, emphasizes having a LOT of long teams who can rebound the hell out of the ball and as a result has teams that dominate our front line. I expect Pitt's dominance to end now that Dixon is gone. Pitino is going to own us as long as JB is here. It feels like UVA had a hot streak where they had the front-line to dominate ours but that seems to be winding down.

I guess the lesson is if you have a bunch of bullies and or studs on the frontline you are going to beat JB's system because our achilles heel is rebounding the ball.

It just shows that certain coaches play a style geared to beat the JB system and because we don't change, they continue to beat our system. Whether or not you want to admit it Dixon and Pitino have owned JB for a number of years. Roy Boy, while not as physical as Louisville and Pitt, emphasizes having a LOT of long teams who can rebound the hell out of the ball and as a result has teams that dominate our front line. I expect Pitt's dominance to end now that Dixon is gone. Pitino is going to own us as long as JB is here. It feels like UVA had a hot streak where they had the front-line to dominate ours but that seems to be winding down.

I guess the lesson is if you have a bunch of bullies and or studs on the frontline you are going to beat JB's system because our achilles heel is rebounding the ball.

Leads to an interesting question. What is JB's longest losing streak against a single team or coach. I assume it is Louisville, but not sure.

Leads to an interesting question. What is JB's longest losing streak against a single team or coach. I assume it is Louisville, but not sure.
I dunno, we lost to Dixon a ton of times in a row also during Pitt's peak years. But its gotta be one those two.

Feel like we lost quite a bit to Villanova between '04 and '09 could be wrong though.

UNC I can overlook. They've been flat out better than us.

Pitt is simply inexcusable. Ridiculous.

And there's no reason that Clemson and GT should be tied with us. Better fix the GT one this weekend.

I'll attribute a few of those Clemson and GT losses to when our teams have been absolutely ran down at the end of February after running through the gauntlet admirably.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom