syracuse recruiting territory not too bad... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

syracuse recruiting territory not too bad...

But Bama or UGA didnt offer him, neither did Tenn, Tech, SC, Clemson, or any Fla school.

UGA's 3 lb's: 3 star, 3 star and 4 star
http://syracuse.*********/a.z?s=185&p=9&c=8&toinid=740&sspid=-1&yr=2011

I love Cam Lynch, and he may be end up being 1 of those outliers. But after 1 decent season, its too early to tell what his ranking should or shouldnt have been.

I'll say it again, I LOVE that Syracuse University and Doug Marrone has picked up recruiting the state of Georgia. But its not like we are picking up top 10 talent in the state.
He was the 5A defensive player of the year in the state but can't be considered a top ten player? Are you serious?

As a senior captain, had 188 tackles, including a school-record 18.5 sacks, and five interceptions...
How many kids do that in one of the most talent rich areas of the country? The SEC schools didn't offer because God forbid he wasn't 6'3" 225

He was the 5A defensive player of the year in the state but can't be considered a top ten player? Are you serious?

As a senior captain, had 188 tackles, including a school-record 18.5 sacks, and five interceptions...
How many kids do that in one of the most talent rich areas of the country? The SEC schools didn't offer because God forbid he wasn't 6'3" 225

Please don't 'are you serious' me

look, i hope as much as everyone that cam lynch works out. But he is a scrap in GA.

there is a reason that he didnt receive an offer playing (and winning defensive POY in a great state) for a national football powerhouse. The best football minds in the world didnt rank him in the top 10 in the state. Not 1 offer man.

If he works out, that is more of a tribute to his work ethic than his athletic abilities (height for 1 is usually a deterrent) and we will have found a diamond in the rough.

When I say scraps of states, all I mean is that they werent recruited (or were secondary options) for big schools.

I dont know how to respond to either of these.

If you think NY and NJ is a great footprint, so be it. NJ does have talent.

You can say we are recruiting PA, GA, OH, FL, and TX (who from texas?) but we only get players that dont get recruited by the big boys, so is that really mining those states?

Again, with the GT and UGA stuff - my point is we get the scraps.

Lets have a top 40 class (not asking for much of anything... just a top 40 class) Lets get 1, ONE, UNO, top 150 player in the next 10 years. We are a BCS school with history. If we had 5 top 150 players over the last decade, I would say that is really bad. we have had ZERO. Let alone 1 a year which should be very easy to get.

then we can say we made improvements. Until then, I have no idea why everyone feels the need to defend our recruiting.

Morris was not offered by UGA because they are loaded at RB and aren't looking to add another RB unless it was a top 50 guy ... GT entered the Morris sweepstakes too late ... the kid was tied for the 5A rushing touchdown lead last season .. Lynch was only 5A defensive player of the year and played at the same school as Rennie Curran who went on to play at UGA then ended up playing in the NFL for the Titans (now with Tampa) ... the coach at Brookwood will tell you Lynch is just as good ... the only difference was he is a couple inches shorter than Curran ... had Lynch been 6'3" he would have had his pick of schools ... Cam Lynch is going to be a very good player on the hill.

Curtis played for an awful program by GA standards (a sub .500 club) and much like Spruill was over shadowed by the fact that their squad as a whole was not all that great.

Parris had offers from several BCS schools and received some interest from a few SEC schools but since at Stephenson they don't feature TEs in the passing game he didn't get as much attention as he probably should have ... it didn't help they had two D1 tailbacks that would run most squads over ... the state of Georgia just has soooooo much talent that it is much easier to over look a lot of these kids. Don't forget Lynch committed to SU in August before his senior year even started and he exploded on the scene while winning the coveted 5A state title ...

Morris was not offered by UGA because they are loaded at RB and aren't looking to add another RB unless it was a top 50 guy ... GT entered the Morris sweepstakes too late ... the kid was tied for the 5A rushing touchdown lead last season .. Lynch was only 5A defensive player of the year and played at the same school as Rennie Curran who went on to play at UGA then ended up playing in the NFL for the Titans (now with Tampa) ... the coach at Brookwood will tell you Lynch is just as good ... the only difference was he is a couple inches shorter than Curran ... had Lynch been 6'3" he would have had his pick of schools ... Cam Lynch is going to be a very good player on the hill.

Curtis played for an awful program by GA standards (a sub .500 club) and much like Spruill was over shadowed by the fact that their squad as a whole was not all that great.

Parris had offers from several BCS schools and received some interest from a few SEC schools but since at Stephenson they don't feature TEs in the passing game he didn't get as much attention as he probably should have ... it didn't help they had two D1 tailbacks that would run most squads over ... the state of Georgia just has soooooo much talent that it is much easier to over look a lot of these kids. Don't forget Lynch committed to SU in August before his senior year even started and he exploded on the scene while winning the coveted 5A state title ...

i understand what you are saying... on everything.

but lynch is 4 inches shorter than curren. and morris committed in december with "little contact with uga or tech" http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2011/12/21/rb-george-morris-commits-to-accs-newest-member/

and im not sure how many hs teams focus on their TE's.

and again, i am not talking bad about ANY of these kids, and i love the fact that we are recruiting GA. but we get the kids that no SEC or decent ACC team cares about. To call GA a recruiting footprint, is just looking at the peachy side of things.

You and Jurrie know just as well as I do... talk to any UGA fan about Syracuse recruiting their state. They will say "oh really? Havent heard that, but Marrone is well respected in these parts. good for him"

and UGA fans KNOW recruiting just as well as any fan in the country, especially GA recruiting. trust me on that. awkwardly and creepily knowledable. if they havent even noticed Syracuse stealing talent... well then we havent - yet.

Not that this makes a point or not... but didnt DJ Shockley lead his hs team to like a 2-10 record? Or am i thinking of someone else?

If these sites were accurate then Cam Lynch, 5A defensive player of the year in Georgia (your own state!) wouldn't have been a two star on ESPN and a three star on Scout. I guarantee you that he would have been a 4 or 5 star guy had he gone to Bama or UGA

Case and point: There was a fast QB, Jordan Reed, from Connecticut that SU was after a few years ago, who had a few offers...was a 2-star QB, but a good athlete. Took a visit to Florida, got an offer, committed, then became a 4-star Saftey after the commitment. Was eventually switched back into a QB in the database, but really, stars/rankings on these sites usually reflect offers/school committed to.

Case and point: There was a fast QB, Devon Reed, from Connecticut that SU was after a few years ago, who had a few offers...was a 2-star QB, but a good athlete. Took a visit to Florida, got an offer, committed, then became a 4-star Saftey after the commitment. Was eventually switched back into a QB in the database, but really, stars/rankings on these sites usually reflect offers/school committed to.
Another example was Junior Onyeali. Was rated 3 stars throughout the process, offer list didn't change. Took a last minute visit to USC, wasn't even offered but was bumped to a 4 star.

Case and point: There was a fast QB, Devon Reed, from Connecticut that SU was after a few years ago, who had a few offers...was a 2-star QB, but a good athlete. Took a visit to Florida, got an offer, committed, then became a 4-star Saftey after the commitment. Was eventually switched back into a QB in the database, but really, stars/rankings on these sites usually reflect offers/school committed to.

do yo u have a link to this guy? cant find him anywhere on the internet. maybe a wrong name?

this may happen from time to time, there is no denying that. but overall in the grand scheme of things the recruiting services arent horrible. we love them when they rank carmelo #1 (or PH in the top 10 to give you a case where they were dead wrong) but hate them when we dont get the recruits. its fickle.

i mean look at our talent over the last decade. its been HORRIBLE. and thats really all that matters, isnt it?

do yo u have a link to this guy? cant find him anywhere on the internet. maybe a wrong name?

this may happen from time to time, there is no denying that. but overall in the grand scheme of things the recruiting services arent horrible. we love them when they rank carmelo #1 (or PH in the top 10 to give you a case where they were dead wrong) but hate them when we dont get the recruits. its fickle.

i mean look at our talent over the last decade. its been HORRIBLE. and thats really all that matters, isnt it?
I completely booted the name on that one. It's Jordan Reed. I'll change that.

http://florida.*********/a.z?s=168&p=8&c=1&nid=3715163

but we get the kids that no SEC or decent ACC team cares about. To call GA a recruiting footprint, is just looking at the peachy side of things.

If you put your stock into scot and rivols then their offer sheet doesn't support your belief of scraps. Every major conference school recruits Georgia so I don't think you can just limit it to just GA, GT - or even SEC or 'decent' ACC team to fit your arguement.

Certainly there's a lot to like about the offers these kids were reported to have.

Josh Parris (O) VaTech, Ole Miss, BC, South Florida, Vandy, Virginia, West Virginia

George Morris (O) Purdue, Illinois, Utah, Indiana, Vandy

Josh Manley (O) Georgia Tech, Louisville, Missouri, BC, Wake, NC State, UCF

SEC offers - 4
ACC offers - 7
Big Ten offers - 3
Pac 12 offers - 1
Big East offers - 3

I wouldn't call it a 'footprint' either but nonetheless we're recruiting Georgia and not beating out Georgia State or Middle Tennessee.

Recruiting Footprint (quick scan of the roster – numbers are scholarship players)

NY - 23
PA - 12
FL - 11
NJ - 7
GA - 6
VA - 4
MI - 4
OH - 4
CA - 4
MD - 3
CO - 1
VT - 1
NH - 1
DE - 1

Recruits so far this season:

Indiana – 1
Florida – 2
New York – 2
Texas – 1
Pennsylvania – 1

i understand what you are saying... on everything.

but lynch is 4 inches shorter than curren. and morris committed in december with "little contact with uga or tech" http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2011/12/21/rb-george-morris-commits-to-accs-newest-member/

and im not sure how many hs teams focus on their TE's.

and again, i am not talking bad about ANY of these kids, and i love the fact that we are recruiting GA. but we get the kids that no SEC or decent ACC team cares about. To call GA a recruiting footprint, is just looking at the peachy side of things.

You and Jurrie know just as well as I do... talk to any UGA fan about Syracuse recruiting their state. They will say "oh really? Havent heard that, but Marrone is well respected in these parts. good for him"

and UGA fans KNOW recruiting just as well as any fan in the country, especially GA recruiting. trust me on that. awkwardly and creepily knowledable. if they havent even noticed Syracuse stealing talent... well then we havent - yet.

I understand what you mean by "scraps" but you also have to realize a guy like Lynch committed before his senior season even started ... a lot of schools inquired and he stated he was solid on SU and he stuck to it. Most HS teams with a TE that has the measureables of Parris throw to them ... i.e. a Ron Thompson type however again they had two tailbacks that received D1 offers ... one of them (Moon) was offered by SU as well. I work and talk to a ton of SEC fans ... UF, UT, LSU, UGA and even some hard core Bama and Auburn fans ... and those that have kids that play high school ball here raved about Lynch, one of my coworkers had a son who played at Grayson and has a scholarship for track at Troy and they are very familiar with him. Not a single one of those that follow the high school scene here considered Lynch a scrap ... and like I said earlier Lynch was sewn up before the season even started and politely said no to a lot of suitors ... several of our guys ... (Crume is another example) received offers from several bigger programs as their seasons worn on ... or at the very least some form of interest ... do you still consider guys in that circumstance scraps? Ultimately that is the question ... I could care less if Lynch is 4 feet tall ... if he ends up being a 1st Team All-BE or ACC demon then I'm content.

And FWIW Lynch's coach even says that Curran and Lynch were pretty much the same size ...

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2011/01/souths_loss_could_by_syracuse.html

Lynch was also identified as one of the top players in the Atlanta area before his season even started, also noted that he was already locked up by the Cuse ...

http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-high-s...all-prospects-to-watch-in-corky-kell-classic/

Semi finals at the Dome ...
http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-high-s...ts-to-watch-at-the-georgia-dome-this-weekend/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom