Syracuse recruiting | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse recruiting

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
The fact that I'm not losing sleep over a top 10 recruit coming to SU shows me how great SU has been recruiting...or that I finally got a life. I believe it's the former.

Add in the fact that he's merely a top-30 recruit, I think.

Haha, consider me out of the loop. The only recruiting numbers I see are those posted by our site's resident experts. Is Coleman still more highly rated by the other services?

Top 30? Why are we still interested? ;).

Come on DC, nothing like an opportunity to become a home town legend!

Haha, consider me out of the loop. The only recruiting numbers I see are those posted by our site's resident experts. Is Coleman still more highly rated by the other services?
scout he's 11 and espn hes 14... rivals=27

Add in the fact that he's merely a top-30 recruit, I think.

Even if he'd "only" be top 30, my point would remain. Kudos to the staff going all the way back to Troy Weaver, who, along with Hopkins, helped bring our recruiting to an elite level.

It is nice that our recruiting has gone through the roof in the past decade, and it sure makes waiting on these kids' decisions a yawner for some of us. We get great talent, and there don't seem to be any "must-get" players worth losing sleep over.

"our recruiting has gone through the roof in the past decade"

Kentucky, Duke and Carolina might be considered "through the roof." We're not on that level. We don't ever seem to be in 'deep consideration' for Top Five players. Not for a long while. Who was the last? Winfred Walton?

I'm not complaining. We're consistently getting a nice quantity of 'very good' players. It's different from how it was in the 80s-90s, when we might occasionally get a Pearl, DC, Owens, but the rest of the guys were "3-star-ish."

Kentucky, Duke and Carolina might be considered "through the roof." We're not on that level. We don't ever seem to be in 'deep consideration' for Top Five players. Not for a long while. Who was the last? Winfred Walton?

I'm not complaining. We're consistently getting a nice quantity of 'very good' players. It's different from how it was in the 80s-90s, when we might occasionally get a Pearl, DC, Owens, but the rest of the guys were "3-star-ish."

Through the roof for us, compared to the previous decade, not compared to other schools. We've been getting the guys we've wanted (with few exceptions) since the five-man high school class of 2000, and it's really taken off since the Flynn/Greene class.

As for top-five players, Carmelo was more recent than Walton, of course. I think Donte was hovering around the other end of the top ten.

We need a big man with offense ... this decision is HUGE

We need a big man with offense ... this decision is HUGE

We don't know that we don't have a big man with offense at this stage of the fall.

I guess this is where this goes ... there are so many of the same threads. As I said in previous thread I am going back to bed and waking up at 2:30. But given that, should DC2 come here then I assume we back off of Anya and Goodluck. Noel is still a good pick ... need bodies at the 4 ... Could DC2 do a 4-5 swing? Let me see with DC2 ... that would be in the front court: Fab, BMK, DC2, Xmas, Grant, CJ, DC2 - assuming noone leaves. At the 5 we have 4 players to cover .. Xmas, DC2, Fab, BMK. At the 4 we have Xmas and, possibly, DC2. At the 3 we have CJ, Grant and Dirty. We need another 4? or another 3? Noel would fit perfectly at the 4.

Backcourt another issue: Scoop leaves. We have Dion and MCW at the 1. Trish and Cooney at the 2 with MCW swinging between the 1 & 2. I think we need another swing here as well.

You would have to go all the way back to last year with Anthony Davis, who was #1 on Scout. We were in his top 3.

Year before that, Josh Selby(#1 on Rivals as I remember), who we apparently could've had if we'd wanted him. Also, Tobias Harris, was a top 5-10 player. Not sure of the exact ranking.

We're in the mix with enough of them where I think 'through the roof' is an appropriate description.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom