Syracuse Recruits we mysteriously lost | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Recruits we mysteriously lost

The ones that stand out to me as suspicious:

Hodge
T. Harris
Noel
QGreen
ADavis

May add whitehead to that and lawerance that was huge back in that time. When everyone was saying that it would be those two with McCullough

Coach L pulled some funny business to get Ja'Quan Newton.

To this day though, I can't see why JB wanted him so much. The kid is a fabulous athlete (who will be playing for a new coach next week), but I just don't really see how he would have fit into JB's system.

There were other contributing factors for some of these recruitments. Sometimes we simply lose the battle or mess up.

The only recruitments of those I find fishy are bryant and walker.

Harris? Tennessee?? In hoops?? You know about Pearl? That one is as fishy as it gets.

I didn't think much of Harris to Tenn at the time. But now?

I mean WE HAD HIM. It was just a matter of when, not if. Then Tenn of all programs out of nowhere.

I didn't think much of Harris to Tenn at the time. But now?

I mean WE HAD HIM. It was just a matter of when, not if. Then Tenn of all programs out of nowhere.

I had and still have zero respect for Tennessee hoops. I figured either he got paid, or he and his dad wanted to make sure he’d get his shots and numbers from day 1.

I was the source for Matt McClusky breaking the Fab Melo commitment. He referred to me as "Southy". This board (Jake as I recall) was my source.
Deep throat.

The ones that stand out to me as suspicious:

Hodge
T. Harris
Noel
QGreen
ADavis

Maybe you can't answer this, but anything in particular? I mean the common theme with all those guys was that their recruitments seemed to be going in a particular direction and then shifted at the last minute. Except maybe hodge, but he went to NC State which is shady in and of itself.

The whole Situation with Dakari Johnson has always pissed me off.

With this type of talk you have to think of it in the context of School A who is with shoe company A vs School B with shoe company B.

For example, flipping a kid from Michigan to SU - they're both Nike schools. So maybe something fishy went on but it's not going to be sourced from Nike because they gain nothing in that circumstance.

Knowing what Louisville was willing to do, the Fab Melo commitment does worry me a bit. That's a recruitment where it wouldn't surprise me if cash was exchanged, considering the player and his situation.

Knowing what Louisville was willing to do, the Fab Melo commitment does worry me a bit. That's a recruitment where it wouldn't surprise me if cash was exchanged, considering the player and his situation.

I’m not worried because we are out there recruiting like gangbusters yesterday and today. Plus Fab was already thoroughly investigated once.

You don't think that would have been uncovered in the 10 year NCAA investigation? What the hell, Syracuse has had 2 in depth long term investigations and neither amounted to anything while these people knew what these other schools have been up and looked the other way and you want to put SU in with their actions?

i think what pissed me off about tobias harris is that he announced on air during a live syracuse pregame.
stephon marbury told everybody who'd listen for 4 yrs he was coming to the cuse and chased away any other prospects. adonal foyle to colgate instead of syracuse ? yes his guardians (colgate album) had his best interests at heart. i have talked to the coach on his show about mateen cleeves. we were very close second.

Last edited:
That is the one that scares me as well. I do seem to remember that Melo came from $$$ And not to be flip, no one is going to prove anything with him. Not now.

Agreed. I've thought about this many times. Maybe he knew *t was hitting the fan at UT and left early. Imagine if he came to SU for 2 years? That 2011-2012 team that was #1 in the country, #1 seed, went 34-3?

1) Scoop
2) Triche
3) K Joseph
4) T Harris
5) Fab Melo

Guards off bench: Dion Waiters, Michael Carter-Williams
Forwards off bench: CJ Fair, James Southerland
Centers off bench: Rakeem Christmas, Baye Keita

No question we win the title in 2012 with a sophomore Tobias Harris and Fab remaining eligible.

Hell, we would have completely run the table and gone undefeated that season if Harris was on that team and that Melo garbage never happened. Even without Harris, if Anthony Davis had ended up at SU that year, we also would have gone undefeated that season. Starting five of Scoop, Triche, KJo, Davis, and Melo? Wow. Absolutely would have led the nation in blocks...by a mile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom