Syracuse Recruits we mysteriously lost | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Recruits we mysteriously lost

McCollough, Richardson ,Ennis MCW, Waiters and Lydon.

Oops, I thought you meant guys Syracuse mysteriously lost to the NBA early because it was in their shoe contract to do so.

With this type of talk you have to think of it in the context of School A who is with shoe company A vs School B with shoe company B.

For example, flipping a kid from Michigan to SU - they're both Nike schools. So maybe something fishy went on but it's not going to be sourced from Nike because they gain nothing in that circumstance.

This is probably being a little too conspiratorial, but maybe Nike wants to keep some of their top players apart. Like, rather than 2 top recruits play at the same school and need to share the ball, they can each get the keys at a different school and hav e achance to shine.

Like I said, very conspiratorial, and not sure it even applies in the Battle situation. But after all the news that's come out, who the hell knows.

• Thomas Bryant. Rochester, NY kid, grew up an Orange fan, went to many, maybe dozens, of SU games at the dome. Went to Indiana because they "develop pros"...

So far, B1G is untouchable. US government is practically run by B1G.

Geez, every time a kid goes to a different school now, esp. last minute, vs. where he was "supposed" to go or was leaning toward (CBB and CFB), the red flags and claims of foul play will go even that much more bongers than they did before all this crap hit the fan. Can't wait.

Can you imagine how much money and resources are being wasted by most Universities chasing kids where the kids were just stinging them out for more money knowing they will never go there and for playing Adidas against Nike for the best paydays. Private schools don't have state politicians for deep pockets like some of these schools have to cover other expenses.

I hope every kid and school gets nailed and the current group gets thrown out because they know full well what they were doing and have no cares about stringing out Universities who shy away from playing these games.

Mama told him no.
I was chatting with a few former cuse players from that era, and they said the nail in the coffin for Mike was when the DO/Sub Standard, don't remember which one, called him the next McNabb. Apparently, that soured him a bit, as well as his mama wanting him closer to home. Take that for what its worth.

This is a good point...they have been out and about like crazy and trying to get things done...seems like they have no worries at all! I think we r ok here!
I don't think foreign kids know about this, because they aren't in the AAU culture.

I was chatting with a few former cuse players from that era, and they said the nail in the coffin for Mike was when the DO/Sub Standard, don't remember which one, called him the next McNabb. Apparently, that soured him a bit, as well as his mama wanting him closer to home. Take that for what its worth.
I'm glad SU isn't known for fielding the dog killer. But maybe that's just me

With this type of talk you have to think of it in the context of School A who is with shoe company A vs School B with shoe company B.

For example, flipping a kid from Michigan to SU - they're both Nike schools. So maybe something fishy went on but it's not going to be sourced from Nike because they gain nothing in that circumstance.

If this one were the other way around, I think it might look a bit sketchier. According to Darren Rovell, Michigan signed with Nike like a week before Battle committed to us. They were an Adidas school up to that point, including when Battle first committed there.

It's funny to go back at the recruiting board threads for the kids committed to Arizona, Louisville, and Oklahoma State and look at the comments when the kid committed. There's almost always someone with an innocent and completely non-sarcastic post like, "Gee, didn't see them as a player for this kid, that came out of nowhere."

McCollough, Richardson ,Ennis MCW, Waiters and Lydon.

Oops, I thought you meant guys Syracuse mysteriously lost to the NBA early because it was in their shoe contract to do so.

Really makes you think doesnt it. More so about McCullough

Well he did need money. He had a kid on the way.

Can't believe people fall for Kaiser's shenanigans. MCW was a freaking lottery pick and rookie of the year

Im speaking purely on McCullough. Im aware he has a kid. Couldn't remember whether that kid was born in college or highschool. That's all.

Well he did need money. He had a kid on the way.

Can't believe people fall for Kaiser's shenanigans. MCW was a freaking lottery pick and rookie of the year
I added him to divert attention from the real problem childs...

It's funny to go back at the recruiting board threads for the kids committed to Arizona, Louisville, and Oklahoma State and look at the comments when the kid committed. There's almost always someone with an innocent and completely non-sarcastic post like, "Gee, didn't see them as a player for this kid, that came out of nowhere."

I scrubbed back through commitments to K State, South Carolina, and OK State (Evans three stops as an assistant) and the only commitment that stood out as a "YEAH A BAG WAS DROPPED" was the PJ Dozier commitment to South Carolina. Not sure if he was the lead recruiter though. A lot of three to fringe four star and JUCO commitments. He must have had a lot of whiffs despite being able to offer some cash (wasn't enough I guess).

I scrubbed back through commitments to K State, South Carolina, and OK State (Evans three stops as an assistant) and the only commitment that stood out as a "YEAH A BAG WAS DROPPED" was the PJ Dozier commitment to South Carolina. Not sure if he was the lead recruiter though. A lot of three to fringe four star and JUCO commitments. He must have had a lot of whiffs despite being able to offer some cash (wasn't enough I guess).

Also, Dozier's father played for South Carolina and they still live there. So maybe not.

Also, Dozier's father played for South Carolina and they still live there. So maybe not.

And I'm not entirely convinced that "other" bag dropping scenarios are going to come to light, even if for example Dozier was paid. So unless he had a finalist school that was for another shoe company, he may be clean or may be compensated through another method not linked to this particular one.

So in some cases we may never know for sure at the named schools or any additional named schools. May require different people to flip that the Feds don't have anything on.

Last edited:
Well, we flipped Devo from MSU and Battle from UM, but I don't think there was anything dirty about it unless I'm wrong. I do think SU paid Devin Brennan-McBride to pick SU over Gonzaga, though.

Well I don't think any of us could argue that whatever we paid DBM - that investment was returned ten fold.

Please refer to the following - New Font?

and

Official Board Sarcasm Font

ANTHONY freaking DAVIS.

That one still stings. So much tomfoolery went on with that!

I hate Kentucky and that cork-soaker named Calipari.
I was at my wife's office Christmas party last year (she works in the athletic department at a Big 12 school). I was chatting with one of her new co-workers. The guy had recently come aboard after having worked closely with Anthony Davis for several years. When he found out I was a big Syracuse fan he really opened up and we talked hoops for a long time. He was from the Midwest and played D1 at a Pac12 school. Said all throughout high school all he dreamed about was getting a UNC offer and/or a Syracuse offer. Said one of the best days of his life is when he got a letter of interest from Syracuse, though they never actually offered a scholarship. He got to play in the Carrier Dome (back in the Carrier Classic days). He spent a bunch of time around USA basketball because of Davis and raved about Hopkins and how great of a guy and coach he is.

Anyway, I knew I had to ask and I waited for the exact right moment to just directly ask - so how much DID Kentucky pay AD to come there? We all know he was coming to Syracuse until something happened. He broke out into a huge smile, laughed, winked and nodded but said he couldn't answer that. He did say that AD was all about Syracuse when Syracuse was on him early and he wanted to commit early, but Syracuse wouldn't take the commitment. After he blew up and attracted more interest, Kentucky did what Kentucky did and he ended up there. This guy, though, swore up and down that had Syracuse let him commit, that AD was the loyal type that wouldn't have broken the pledge even if there was a bag.

take it FWIW.

I was at my wife's office Christmas party last year (she works in the athletic department at a Big 12 school). I was chatting with one of her new co-workers. The guy had recently come aboard after having worked closely with Anthony Davis for several years. When he found out I was a big Syracuse fan he really opened up and we talked hoops for a long time. He was from the Midwest and played D1 at a Pac12 school. Said all throughout high school all he dreamed about was getting a UNC offer and/or a Syracuse offer. Said one of the best days of his life is when he got a letter of interest from Syracuse, though they never actually offered a scholarship. He got to play in the Carrier Dome (back in the Carrier Classic days). He spent a bunch of time around USA basketball because of Davis and raved about Hopkins and how great of a guy and coach he is.

Anyway, I knew I had to ask and I waited for the exact right moment to just directly ask - so how much DID Kentucky pay AD to come there? We all know he was coming to Syracuse until something happened. He broke out into a huge smile, laughed, winked and nodded but said he couldn't answer that. He did say that AD was all about Syracuse when Syracuse was on him early and he wanted to commit early, but Syracuse wouldn't take the commitment. After he blew up and attracted more interest, Kentucky did what Kentucky did and he ended up there. This guy, though, swore up and down that had Syracuse let him commit, that AD was the loyal type that wouldn't have broken the pledge even if there was a bag.

take it FWIW.
2C320374-ABF6-428D-83F8-22D9B28B50F3.gif

take it FWIW.

Kinda wish i hadnt read this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom