Syracuse Recruits we mysteriously lost | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Recruits we mysteriously lost

Yeah, I don't know that I believe we didn't accept a commitment. How would that make sense? Why would we do that?

Kenny Anderson, stephon Marbury

Hey hey...At least Cremins was a NY guy.

Ya’ll are realizing a lot of the same stuff we are, things that didn’t make sense at the time but we all suspected.

Yeah, I don't know that I believe we didn't accept a commitment. How would that make sense? Why would we do that?
It's possible we didn't think he would be that good of a player. Davis was lightly recruited as a 6'4 guard before growing 7 inches in one summer and turning into a big guy with guard skills. Maybe by the time he grew and we realized how good he was, it was too late.

Marcus Liberty was a big one that got away. I used to work for a guy whose best friend was very, very close to the program. Liberty told SU he was coming. The night before signing day, he called SU coaches, apologized, and said Illinois was taking care of him and his family.

Last edited:
Marcus Liberty was a big in that got away. I used to work for a guy whose best friend was very, very close to the program. Liberty told SU he was coming. The night before signing day, he called SU coaches, apologized, and said Illinois was taking care of him and his family.

Man, that's not ideal, but look how far we've fallen in 30 years from that gentlemanly move. Now the paid flips don't come with a gracious phone call and apology but instead are revealed by obnoxious tweets and fooling around with hats on TV.

Man, that's not ideal, but look how far we've fallen in 30 years from that gentlemanly move. Now the paid flips don't come with a gracious phone call and apology but instead are revealed by obnoxious tweets and fooling around with hats on TV.
My buddy was also a big Michigan fan (SU undergrad, Michigan law). This was when the "1-800" recruiting lines were big. He ran up phone bills in the $300-400 range each month when recruiting news was going on. Man, that feels soooooo long ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom