Syracuse-St Bonaventure TV/Radio info, tip-off time [RSN / 7:00] | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse-St Bonaventure TV/Radio info, tip-off time [RSN / 7:00]

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
The Syracuse basketball team hosts St Bonaventure on Tuesday November 17 at 7 p.m. in the Carrier Dome.

The game will tip at 7 p.m. and will air locally on MSG Plus Overflow.

Here is the list of channel numbers for MSG Plus Overflow in the Syracuse area:

• Time Warner: Channel 327 (SD & HD)
  • Verizon Fios: Channel 81 (SD)
  • DirecTV: Channel 635-2 (SD & HD)
  • Dish Network: Not available (SD &HD)
  • New Visions: Channel 772 (HD) and Channel 93 (SD)
If you live outside of Central New York, you can check below to see if the game is available in your market on the ACC's Regional Sports Network.

You can watch online through Watch ESPN or by using the Watch ESPN app for tablets and mobile devices. However, the game will be blacked out on ESPN3 in certain markets, including most of New York state.

You can listen to the game on the radio in Syracuse by tuning in to TK99 (99.5 FM) or WAER (88.3 FM). Live audio of the game will also be streamed on Cuse.com. The game will be aired on channel 134 on Sirius and live audio of the game will be streamed on Cuse.com.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...t_bonaventure_on_live_stream_tipoff_time.html

Last edited:
St. Bonaventure vs. Syracuse (M Basketball)
TUE NOV 17, 2015 7:00 PM EST

2687284.jpg

key_lin_e3_available.png
Available on ESPN3
key_notavailable.png
Not available

RSN Affiliates Nov 17: St.Bonaventure at Syracuse

ESPN3 (Subject to Blackout)

Comcast SportsNet Plus
FOX Sports Arizona
FOX Sports Carolinas
FOX Sports Detroit Plus
FOX Sports Florida
FOX Sports Indiana Plus
FOX Sports Midwest Plus
FOX Sports San Diego [Same Day Delay – 12am ET/9pm PT]
FOX Sports South
FOX Sports Southwest Plus
MSG Plus
NESN Plus
ROOT Sports Northwest
ROOT Sports Pittsburgh [Live on DirecTV, Dish, AT&T, Delay Broadcast – Wed 11/18, 3pm ET]
ROOT Sports Rocky Mtn. [Same Day Delay – 6am ET/4am MT]
SportsTime Ohio

http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-basketball-on-rsn-st-bonaventure-at-syracuse-11-17-2015

Last edited:
St. Bonaventure vs. Syracuse (M Basketball)
TUE NOV 17, 2015 7:00 PM EST

2687284.jpg

key_lin_e3_available.png
Available on ESPN3
key_notavailable.png
Not available
Out of curiosity, why aren't Clinton and Essex Counties included? and Scranton.

It's listed on Channel 789 on Directv. That's one of the ESPN3 feeds.

RSN affiliates will be:

CSN Mid Atlantic PLUS
FOX Sports Arizona
FOX Sports Detroit PLUS
FOX Sports Florida
FOX Sports South
MSG Plus 2
NESNplus
SportsTime Ohio
ROOT Sports Northwest

This may be a silly question, but regarding blackouts - I live in Syracuse and have Verizon FIOS. However, I'm currently in Providence, RI for work. If I log into ESPN3 using my usual sign-on information, will it still be blacked out for me since my account is based in Syracuse? Or will it recognize that I'm in Providence and allow me to watch?

This may be a silly question, but regarding blackouts - I live in Syracuse and have Verizon FIOS. However, I'm currently in Providence, RI for work. If I log into ESPN3 using my usual sign-on information, will it still be blacked out for me since my account is based in Syracuse? Or will it recognize that I'm in Providence and allow me to watch?

My guess is if you log in from outside of the blackout area it should allow you to watch.

It's listed on Channel 789 on Directv. That's one of the ESPN3 feeds.
This is off-topic, but just to pick up on your mention of "ESPN3 feeds", I need to get something off my chest. The ESPN3 "broadcasts" are absolutely terrible. Perfect example -- the Lehigh game. Rosie was the loan bright light ... the rest of it was amateur hour. The camera work was comically bad --- few angles, from too few cameras. They did replays over top of live game action, instead of waiting for a break. To top it off, the signal was fuzzy standard definition. They couldn't do the game in HD -- why, not enough bandwidth? Pathetic.

So media guys, help me out here. What is going on with this foolish ESPN3 stuff? The online broadcasts are obviously aimed at a younger audience .. who else could enjoy watching an SU game on a laptop or a phone. For those of us with TELEVISIONS, it's a completely sub-par medium that harkens back to the days when I was a kid trying to pick up a radio broadcast of SU in Olean. It baffles me that they insist on doing this. Why? ESPN has a contract with the ACC to allow third tier broadcasts. That means any regional carrier (TW in NY, MSG or MSG+ in NYC, etc..) will happily pick up the signal and do a real broadcast.

PLEASE ESPN ... I'm begging you ... stop doing SU games on ESPN3. It's awful. The games should be on television. If you're not going to make the effort to air a proper broadcast (for TV), then for god sake let the rights go to a regional carrier that will.

Last edited:
This is off-topic, but just to pick up on your mention of "ESPN3 feeds", I need to get something off my chest. The ESPN3 "broadcasts" are absolutely terrible. Perfect example -- the Lehigh game. Rosie was the loan bright light ... the rest of it was amateur hour. The camera work was comically bad --- few angles, from too few cameras. They did replays over top of live game action, instead of waiting for a break. To top it off, the signal was fuzzy standard definition. They couldn't do the game in HD -- why, not enough bandwidth? Pathetic.

So media guys, help me out here. What is going on with this foolish ESPN3 stuff? The online broadcasts are obviously aimed at a younger audience .. who else could enjoy watching an SU game on a laptop or a phone. For those of us with TELEVISIONS, it's a completely sub-par medium that harkens back to the days when I was a kid trying to pick up a radio broadcast of SU in Olean. It baffles me that they insist on doing this. Why? ESPN has a contract with the ACC to allow third tier broadcasts. That means any regional carrier (TW in NY, MSG or MSG+ in NYC, etc..) will happily pick up the signal and do a real broadcast.

PLEASE ESPN ... I'm begging you ... stop doing SU games on ESPN3. It's awful. The games should be on television. If you're not going to make the effort to air a proper broadcast (for TV), then for god sake let the rights go to a regional carrier that will.

If you normally qualify for WatchESPN (ESPN3) through your TV provider you can buy a Roku, if you don't already have one, and it'll stream ESPN to your TV.

If you have a choppy stream on your laptop it'll probably be just as choppy using the roku approach though.

If you normally qualify for WatchESPN (ESPN3) through your TV provider you can buy a Roku, if you don't already have one, and it'll stream ESPN to your TV.

If you have a choppy stream on your laptop it'll probably be just as choppy using the roku approach though.
Of course. It's a horrible medium to see a game, and completely unnecessary. Television broadcasts are hundreds of times better. Why can't ESPN just let the broadcasts go to the 3d-tier regional TV carriers and stop experimenting with this "online" garbage, except maybe as an extra option for those who can stomach watching a college basketball game on their computer or cell phone (?).

Your watch ESPN3 login is tied to your home cable carrier and will be subject to the local blackout. This happened to me while traveling last February. Download the tk99 app and listen to the broadcast.

If you don't have Roku or other, simply get an HDMI cable to connect your computer to the TV.

If you don't have Roku or other, simply get an HDMI cable to connect your computer to the TV.
We have a hard-wired UHD TV, with an HDMI hookup. However, it's very cumbersome to navigate the internet and find the ESPN website )enter the PW, yada yada), to say nothing of the extremely poor picture and broadcast quality. Why on earth do they put people through this?

Here's the solution: ESPN should stop withholding 3d tier programming rights so it can "build its internet customer base" off the backs of hundreds of thousands of TV viewers --- most of whom would prefer to flip to a cable channel and get an HD broadcast instead being used for a crappy online experiment.

Last edited:
We have a hard-wired UHD TV, with an HDMI hookup. However, it's very cumbersome to navigate the internet, find the ESPN website, to say nothing of the extremely poor picture and broadcast quality.

Here's the solution: ESPN should stop withholding 3d tier programming rights so it can "build its internet customer base" off the backs of hundreds of thousands of TV viewers --- viewers that would much prefer just flipping to a cable channel and getting an HD broadcast instead of a crappy online experiment.
ESPN paid for those 3rd tier programming rights

ESPN paid for those 3rd tier programming rights
You're partly right. ESPN pays (the ACC) for the first tier rights. The broadcasts it does not want to air on ESPN or ESPN2 go to the regional carriers, who have 3d tier rights (they pay handsomely for these also).

Quality and convenience are still huge issues plaguing online broadcasts. They (ESPN) should either broadcast the games using a quality medium (television), or let them go to the regionals. Keeping the rights and forcing their viewership to put up with lousy internet signals and (for some) tiny screens is an insult. If they want to build their internet base (with the 20somethings), fine... but ADD online as an option, instead of forcing the rest of us onto a computer rather than seeing the game on our BIG BEAUTIFUL TV's.

And lastly .. the broadcast quality of the Lehigh game was horrible. How anyone could argue in favor of this instead of a stupendously better HD television broadcast is beyond me.

Last edited:
I guess it's all in who your provider is. I link ESPN3 to the TV all the time with a very good picture. The announcers----well that's another story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom