Syracuse vs. Notre Dame game thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse vs. Notre Dame game thread

Our offense is terrible, not sure why we don't do what we do well which is run the ball. We continue to try and fit the square peg in the round hole

The offensive game plan seems to involve a motion penalty on second down.

Is it really possible that none of the other SU quarterbacks are better passers than Hunt? His only positive skill is broken play runs and those will dry up against better opponents.

Melancer46 said:
To be fair, when your QB is missing his targets by 10+ yards on screen passes, it really restricts the kind of plays you can call. I'm sure both the QB and the coach are at fault here. Just a shame because the defense has looked so hungry out there but the offense hasn't stepped up.

2nd and 12...bubble screen. Against ND. Check-mate. He's Rob Spence without the nervous breakdown at UCONN.

How many failed bubble screens do we have to run before they get taken out of the playbook?

ND puts the ball on the turf again!!! Lucky bastards-- right out if bounds. They seem very scared right now, which is how we want them. Kelly intelligently moves to up tempo. Think less kids

You play 2 down football on 3rd when you're on the other guys 36.
We did. We ran the ball on 3rd and 5 and lost 3 yards making it 4th and 8 taking the decision out of Shafers hands. If our run made it 4th and 2 he would have gone for it.

OrangeDW said:
Curious if he would've gone for it if it was 4th and 3. The penalty killed any chance. Right call. 4th and 3, different story.

No. Shafer lacks guts to go for it.

OttoinGrotto said:
Ace recruiter that a bigger program wouldn't give an OC job to, but that seems eager to learn and wants to play no huddle/up tempo.

Eager to learn lol

I said over a week ago the bubble screen will not work against N.D. as it has never worked this year against anyone.

Terrell might as well take a knee on the snap.

Because he's calling a terrible game. Not sure what your not seeing.
ND's defense is all over the place, Hunt can't throw a pass, and we're getting all kinds of false starts. What can McDonald do to call a better game?

ND puts the ball on the turf again!!! Lucky bastards-- right out if bounds. They seem very scared right now, which is how we want them. Kelly intelligently moves to up tempo. Think less kids
The only thing that's worked for them all big is that damn screen where they hold Eskridge on the blocking attempt

Libero2 said:
We did. We ran the ball on 3rd and 5 and lost 3 yards making it 4th and 8 taking the decision out of Shafers hands. If our run made it 4th and 2 he would have gone for it.

No chance he had gone for it.

here is my take I don't know what is worse right now Hunt or McDonald. My guess is Hunt but I don't know. Hard to judge an offense without a QB that can throw the ball. I am getting close to be totally done with Hunt. His lucky his throws are so bad or people would be talking about his terrible decision making instead. I am not sure I see him getting any better at all. He is pretty much the same player he was last year. A runner that can throw when pressed too.

Ace recruiter that a bigger program wouldn't give an OC job to, but that seems eager to learn and wants to play no huddle/up tempo.
Let's wait to see how good his recruits are. Just because he brought in some Florida kids doesn't mean he's a great recruiter. There are plenty of losing programs built on a lot of Florida kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom