Syracuse vs UConn 2/13/13 Game talk | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse vs UConn 2/13/13 Game talk

Husky Fan

Walk On
Hello its me again, I understand now that most people on this board do not like us ( Am on the 'yard, my name is Huskiesforlife in case you care I also plan on making a new account under that name ) thats fine I get it. So.... I wanted to talk about our last game playing you guys in the BE. First of all i hate to admit it, but i think your team will win the NAT this year. Also thanks for beating Louisville :D again hate to admit it but you guys are going to crush us. Am going to miss our rivalry but hope we can still play out of confrence every so often. Also enjoy the huge recruiting edge your going to have over us while it lasts. Even though your coaches out recruit us most of the time anyway lol. But anyways I hope you guys undestand am not some arrogant fan coming hear to troll you guys, basically I will always respect the Orange and everything they have meant to the BE and UConn. So anyway I thought it would be fun to talk to some of you guys about our last game in BE play. Weather this thread be used for trash talk or talking about the X Factors of this game. Lastly good luck for the rest of this year, this looks like a speacial team, and i would not be ashamed of our team if we lost to you guys. Commence!

First . . . . . . :D

Unless your guards are lights out from deep I think your going to have a lot of trouble against us. That front line is not up to Uconn's usual standards. Our big guards will give you guys trouble as well IMO.

As far as playing OOC in the future unless its in a preseason touney I doubt it. Just no real gain for SU. IMO We will play St. Johns because of MSG, Nova for Philly and maybe Gtown for DC.

th

You're right. We are going to crush you. We'll be playing our real rivals Georgetown and St. Johns in the future but not you. Your new rival will be the 'Bonnies. Mike Lindsley can tell you all about them. :cool:

Hello its me again, I understand now that most people on this board do not like us ( Am on the 'yard, my name is Huskiesforlife in case you care I also plan on making a new account under that name ) thats fine I get it. So.... I wanted to talk about our last game playing you guys in the BE. First of all i hate to admit it, but i think your team will win the NAT this year. Also thanks for beating Louisville :D again hate to admit it but you guys are going to crush us. Am going to miss our rivalry but hope we can still play out of confrence every so often. Also enjoy the huge recruiting edge your going to have over us while it lasts. Even though your coaches out recruit us most of the time anyway lol. But anyways I hope you guys undestand am not some arrogant fan coming hear to troll you guys, basically I will always respect the Orange and everything they have meant to the BE and UConn. So anyway I thought it would be fun to talk to some of you guys about our last game in BE play. Weather this thread be used for trash talk or talking about the X Factors of this game. Lastly good luck for the rest of this year, this looks like a speacial team, and i would not be ashamed of our team if we lost to you guys. Commence!
Can someone please tell me why the mods would approve Husky Fan's avatar?
Nah, just joking, I kid. I kid cause I

I wouldn't mind seeing us play UConn in the future. I'd rank them as tied for 3rd with Nova:

1. GTown alternating Home at the Carrier Dome, then our away game at Verizon (Syr South), wash, rinse , repeat. Only do this is if GTown will stop being biotches with their ticket policy.
2. SJU...just play this game every year at our NYC Home (MSG). Humor SJU with thinking they are getting half the tickets.
3. 4 year cycle: Dome for NOVA, Away at Philly Cuse South, Dome for UConn, Away at the XL Dump.

3. 4 year cycle: Dome for NOVA, Away at Philly Cuse South, Dome for UConn, Away at the XL Dump.

Not sure why we would ever go to Hartford again. I can see more of a possibility of Dome for Nova, Away at Nova, Dome for Yukon, MSG for Yukon.

Without the Cuse playing at the Garden for the BET, I can definitely see us playing in some more prime OOC games like we have in the past. Yukon would be a natural.

I am impressed with the job Ollie has done keeping UConn competitive in the Big East given the lack of decent forwards or centers on the roster.

I expect the atmosphere in Storrs is going to be an ugly one. Don't think Syracuse fans and players are going to get a lot of love anywhere on their farewell tour of the Big East, but I expect the worst experience will be in Storrs. It would be nice to be surprised in a good way.

It is a shame the rivalry ends at a time when it was very close to the level of Duke vs UNC. Based on what JB is saying, I don't think Syracuse will be scheduling UConn in basketball any time soon. I don't think it is because people at SU hate or feat the Huskies...it is more because SU can only play so many OOC games a year, and it is very more valuable to play games in SU recruiting grounds like NYC (St Johns), Philadelphia (Villanova) and DC (Georgetown).

I feel genuinely badly about what has happened to Connecticut. Hope someday to see you liberated by means of an invitation to the ACC. SU and UConn are natural rivals and it makes sense to play each other in the same conference. Hope that happens as a result of ND becoming a full time member, not because some long time ACC schools left for another conference.

Not sure why we would ever go to Hartford again. I can see more of a possibility of Dome for Nova, Away at Nova, Dome for Yukon, MSG for Yukon.

Without the Cuse playing at the Garden for the BET, I can definitely see us playing in some more prime OOC games like we have in the past. Yukon would be a natural.
I agree but UConn is a big enough name to demand a return to the XL...their BB schedule is going to be pretty pathetic going forward and will need Cuse to help season tix sales. Syracuse does have fans in CT, Central MA and RI that would like the chance to see a game in Hartford.

Another thought is a 1-1-1 on rotation...but I really don't think Cuse should commit to playing UConn on an annual basis...split it with Nova.

Edit: I agree with tomcat...DC, NYC and Philly>>>>CT

What are you guys thinking now?
But honestly this game will be a tough one if your guards hit threes...if you don't I don't think you get close...Also thank god for no Lamb this year.

But honestly this game will be a tough one if your guards hit threes...if you don't I don't think you get close...Also thank god for no Lamb this year.
lol true. Its gunna be a blow out. You guys got to go down low though.

lol true. Its gunna be a blow out. You guys got to go down low though.
It's not as much as going down to the post, it's the fact that I think our bigs are more athletic and will get the rebounds and kick outs, or the easy put backs...But although this may be a game for Rak to have a double double, I'm feeling it.

Also I wouldn't count Grant out as having a big game neither.

I expect the atmosphere in Storrs is going to be an ugly one. Don't think Syracuse fans and players are going to get a lot of love anywhere on their farewell tour of the Big East, but I expect the worst experience will be in Storrs. It would be nice to be surprised in a good way..

Fortunately, Tom, the game tomorrow night is in Hartford. Last year's game in Storrs was bad enough. We don't need another fan experience like that.

I'll say this: I'm 48 years old and a Syracuse alum who lives in Westport, CT. I'm going to the game with two fraternity brothers of mine from Syracuse who also live in CT - Trumbull and Simsbury. I'm hoping for a fun, exciting, competitive game that Syracuse will win. We will all be wearing orange and cheering just as enthusiastically for Syracuse as Husky fans will be for their team.

I expect the UConn crowd to be rowdy and loud and representative of a program that has won 3 national championships and developed itself into the kind of program that any self-respecting college basketball fan admires.

I also expect Tyler Oleander to have his lunch eaten, Napier to drop upwards of 30 points on the Orange, and Brandon Triche and Michael Carter-Williams to have a very easy time with the UConn guards.

I don't expect a blowout but I do think Syracuse will win going away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom