Syracuse vs UConn 2/13/13 Game talk | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse vs UConn 2/13/13 Game talk

Fortunately, Tom, the game tomorrow night is in Hartford. Last year's game in Storrs was bad enough. We don't need another fan experience like that.
That is great news. I wonder how many fans at the game will be wearing orange? It is a shame the game will not be a sellout.

lol true. Its gunna be a blow out. You guys got to go down low though.
Welcome back Husky Fan. Yes, I think we'll win, but it's on your home court, and you guys are playing for...
Pride? Yeah, that'll do. After all, you've got to play for something.
Then after that, it's back to the Big Catholic 12-Pac or BC12P for short.
:)

Welcome back Husky Fan. Yes, I think we'll win, but it's on your home court, and you guys are playing for...
Pride? Yeah, that'll do. After all, you've got to play for something.
Then after that, it's back to the Big Catholic 12-Pac or BC12P for short.
:)
LOL and yea pride is all we got, but it's worth fighting for. Also this is one of the best rivalries in college sports. So there's always ego involved. Also, Thank you

LOL and yea pride is all we got, but it's worth fighting for. Also this is one of the best rivalries in college sports. So there's always ego involved. Also, Thank you
All good, man. I expect nothing but a war tomorrow night. These teams never disappoint each other.

All good, man. I expect nothing but a war tomorrow night. This teams never disappoint each other.
C'mon you know it won't be much of a war. You're just giving him hope.

All good, man. I expect nothing but a war tomorrow night. These teams never disappoint each other.
defiantly, gunna miss this rivalry... At least until we get into the acc :-\

I think this game can be close, hope our guys come out ready. This would be an ideal time for Rak to get out of his funk. MCW, please get the man the ball!

No need to play UConn anymore on campuses, its pretty obvious we will play them in a Jimmy V Classic at MSG within 3 years of us going into the ACC. I have no doubt about this.

So other than the fact that this game was a complete show from a Syracuse fan's perspective, I must say that my 'fan-venturing-into-hostile-territory' experience was really not bad at all.

Every UConn fan I encountered was very nice and said specifically that they were sorry to see this rivalry end. They were all very cordial and respectful. Nothing like the posters on the Boneyard at all. I was sitting in the midst of a sea of them and we did not get taunted or provoked or anything like that. At the end of the game we congratulated them, they thanked us and that was it.

Because I was wearing orange and therefore easily identifiable as a Syracuse fan, one idiot as I was walking out, stuck three fingers in my face and said 'THREE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS!'. I extended my hand, we shook, and I said 'Nice win tonight, congratulations on the championships and good luck with the fourth this year...oh wait.' He looked and me blankly and then I left.

So other than the fact that this game was a complete show from a Syracuse fan's perspective, I must say that my 'fan-venturing-into-hostile-territory' experience was really not bad at all.

Every UConn fan I encountered was very nice and said specifically that they were sorry to see this rivalry end. They were all very cordial and respectful. Nothing like the posters on the Boneyard at all. I was sitting in the midst of a sea of them and we did not get taunted or provoked or anything like that. At the end of the game we congratulated them, they thanked us and that was it.

Because I was wearing orange and therefore easily identifiable as a Syracuse fan, one idiot as I was walking out, stuck three fingers in my face and said 'THREE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS!'. I extended my hand, we shook, and I said 'Nice win tonight, congratulations on the championships and good luck with the fourth this year...oh wait.' He looked and me blankly and then I left.
great story :D

They were a mixed bag in my experience. Most were fine, but the guy sitting behind bnoro spent the entire game screaming "bath robe" (that's literally the only phrase he used for two hours) or making noises that vaguely sounded like a what I imagine a dying pelican would sound like. It was probably the strangest thing I've experienced at a game. Also heard about an SU fan who got jumped after the game while leaving the game with his brother. Most UConn fans are fine though, obviously. Some of my good friends are Huskies.

You know, if someone got jumped, my guess is that probably didn't just walk away or take the jeering that a few UConn fans were handing out. You see that everywhere from fans of winning teams towards the fans of the losers. That's not a big deal and comes with the territory. A few people made comments as we were outside walking back to our car and if we wanted to get into it we could've, but if you just ignore it and walk away, that's it.

Let them gloat, they won the game, your team didn't. Deal with it. Geez.

You know, if someone got jumped, my guess is that probably didn't just walk away or take the jeering that a few UConn fans were handing out. You see that everywhere from fans of winning teams towards the fans of the losers. That's not a big deal and comes with the territory. A few people made comments as we were outside walking back to our car and if we wanted to get into it we could've, but if you just ignore it and walk away, that's it.

Let them gloat, they won the game, your team didn't. Deal with it. Geez.

He said he was walking to his car and talking about the game with his brother and the next thing he knew he was on the ground getting beat up by three dudes. I wasn't there so I don't know what happened for sure, but it was a bad scene outside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom