Syracuse wins back one scholarship per year in NCAA appeal, still must vacate wins | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse wins back one scholarship per year in NCAA appeal, still must vacate wins

Can we quickly bring in someone for this year? Some undiscovered big center they come upon in the Bahamas. No transfer, so no sit out one year???

We would, I think he's saying we essentially went down one more than we had to because of the appeal, so we should pick up another one along the line.

Ah, understand what he was saying now.

I imagine it went something like.
A bunch of guys including our beloved sec boosting coaches enter a room and sat down and said
ok guys what do you want to do today.
"Well you know this syracuse appeal has been on espn news a few times now"
The next guy says syracuse, they are one of those schools we don't care much about,right. Someone do a backcheck and see if any of them were ever on the ncaa committee could you, I don't want this to come back to bite us.
The next guy says ok I got a idea lets take 1 scholarship away from syracuses appeal.
the next guy burns syracuses appeal papers still in a closed priority mail envelope in the fireplace.
The next says well that takes care of that.
Then th accounting guy enters the room out of accounting and says hey look guys we are somehow 1.80 million extra dollars up. We need to get rid of some of this.
Finally the last guy answers his cell and says aloud "Yes I agree the penalties on schools nowadays are to harsh we are planing making them less harsh on schools starting next week. SMU, yes we are going to drop three quarters of their penalties next week.,this two year trial sanction run isn't going all that well. Yes I will be meeting you in georgetown next week.

Last edited:
We know Gbinye and Cooney are gone but what if Coleman takes his degree and departs or Joseph possibly transfers, don't we have room for 2 more guys ? I know TThompson is somebody we all think we're in good shape to get but I was hoping maybe a graduate transfer (C or PF) for next Fall too?

We know Gbinye and Cooney are gone but what if Coleman takes his degree and departs or Joseph possibly transfers, don't we have room for 2 more guys ? I know TThompson is somebody we all think we're in good shape to get but I was hoping maybe a graduate transfer (C or PF) for next Fall too?

We already have one.A 7'2" tall Pikachu.

The kids working at the YMCA were football players.

Nothing to do with the sanctions against the basketball team.

2 of the 5 players at the Y were basketball players. The total amount of money related to basketball = $ 3,334

How big was the fine in the first place --- I don't remember that aspect of the penalty when it was handed out.

3,334 dollars, so compared to they 150,000 three coaches said anthony davis got the day he decomitted from kentucky only to recommit by law of the sec I mean ncaa comittee how many scholorship reductions are they going to lose?

So we lost 4 and a half seasons of wins over 2 kids getting 3200 dollars.
really?

Last edited:
It's just the NCAA's pre-calculated "wiggle room." They knew an appeal would be forthcoming, and were prepared in advance to give it back, after which they can create the illusion of having legitimately considered the appeal. "Here's a scholarship back. Now F-off and don't bother us any more. Because nobody else cares about SU."

I'm with Rocco.

It's just the NCAA's pre-calculated "wiggle room." They knew an appeal would be forthcoming, and were prepared in advance to give it back, after which they can create the illusion of having legitimately considered the appeal. "Here's a scholarship back. Now F-off and don't bother us any more. Because nobody else cares about SU."

I'm with Rocco.
+1 +1 +1 +1 Sounds like something I would hear on around the horn if they to weren't all sec homers.

ESPN doesn't realize that JB's suspension is still pending.

Can we get by on 11 scholarships a year for the next 3 years?

With all of the roster changes this year (anticipated and unanticipated) I think being at 10 caused us more difficulty that I had anticipated when the penalty was first announced.

It's easy to say JB won't play more than 8 or 9 guys so having only 10 scholarships won't be a problem. But having only 10 or 11 scholarships makes it much more difficult to assemble a roster that leaves you with the right 8 or 9 guys available to play.

Any chance the University says your best offer isn't good enough and brings some sort of suit or is this over now?

orangefan13 said:
3,334 dollars, so compared to they 150,000 three coaches said anthony davis got the day he decomitted from kentucky only to recommit by law of the sec I mean ncaa comittee how many scholorship reductions are they going to lose? So we lost 4 and a half seasons of wins over 2 kids getting 3200 dollars. really?

Weren't the lost wins due to using ineligible players and not the ymca thing?

You mean like when the NCAA on its own decided they were too hard on Penn State?
Penn state was in large part, criminal, rather than ncaa rules violation. The ncaa attorneys probably warned them that they could lose in court.

Last edited:
Everyone including espn and others and SU and all us fans should ignore NCAA win list and always refer to JBs full win real list
That's what I'll do - the games were played and we won them. Makes no sense to pretend they never happened.

I hope that JB wins number 1,000 at home and we still have a big celebration for it, even though the NCAA says it's 101 less than that.
cnxht.jpg

I thought the ineligibility was mostly due to the drug testing stuff rather than the YMCA thing.
Enables P e d o p h I l I a- 0 wins vacated. Didn't call mom about her boy smoking pot - 100+ wins vacated. Makes sense to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom