Syracusefan.com group for ESPN Fantasy English Premier League | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Syracusefan.com group for ESPN Fantasy English Premier League

Anyone know where cusecpt and mattjd43 are? If they select squads vs taking zeros we'd probably be a top 5 group overall. Average team score is 1098 right now in our league and 5th are 1146. We're really not doing poorly for a group of yanks

Taking a 50 point hit for missing week 21 with the new roster put me in a hole. Ugh

Taking a 50 point hit for missing week 21 with the new roster put me in a hole. Ugh

Have to get creative. I'm 40 points off the lead and feel like it's impossible to make up since we all have the same 5 or 6 core players. Plenty of time though.

Have to get creative. I'm 40 points off the lead and feel like it's impossible to make up since we all have the same 5 or 6 core players. Plenty of time though.

It comes down to who you pick as your captain, and making the most out of those 3 or 4 "swing" players on each team.

It comes down to who you pick as your captain, and making the most out of those 3 or 4 "swing" players on each team.

It gets tough midseason with the revalues pricing me out of my lessor know guys that had been putting in work for me.

For the sake of fairness, and the fact that everyone owns him, Diego Costa looks like he will be missing the next 3 games barring an appeal.

I wasn't gonna say anything.. haha but now that you've decided to be nice, there is another too, but I'm not gonna spill . . . (its Sigurdsson). I think this will be good. Mix up the similar teams we have a little bit.

Now I just have to remember to take these two out before I go out tomorrow Oh Lord

I wasn't gonna say anything.. haha but now that you've decided to be nice, there is another too, but I'm not gonna spill . . . (its Sigurdsson). I think this will be good. Mix up the similar teams we have a little bit.

Now I just have to remember to take these two out before I go out tomorrow Oh Lord

I debated not saying anything... but I'd rather win on a fair playing feild unlike the Patriots

ImperialOrange, it is HUGE to have Sturridge back! Liverpool has been on a much better run anyway recently... but they are back to looking dangerous and dynamic with him on the pitch, 100x better. I love it

Safe to say I'm exstatic to have Sturro back especially now that Sterling has a more complete game, Coutinho has learned to maintain a consistently high level, and Lallana playing well.

I still think we have a shot at top 4 but noone above us has dropped points either so we'll need some help.

Sidenote, how good are Chelsea's front office? Schurlle out, Cuadrado in and they somehow made money on that?!

Since we're all being nice lately, thought I would remind everyone that there are early week matches this game week. I don't think there has been one of those since the Holiday period. Have your transfers made by Tomorrow afternoon (I think the kick offs at 245 Eastern).

Two of my middies came off the bench for a whopping one point each this past week (one of them I captained), so I have some transfers to do.

My team is effectively fubar at this point. Had quite the group of moves lined up... that the game decided not to save. Took zeros on the weekend as result and now those I wanted are priced out and take too many moves to obtain.

My team is effectively fubar at this point. Had quite the group of moves lined up... that the game decided not to save. Took zeros on the weekend as result and now those I wanted are priced out and take too many moves to obtain.

Sorry I'm just getting to this bud. The game shows you at zero transfers, did it fook up in that it took them all away in addition to not saving them? You can probably contact the game and get your transfers back at the least if that were the case. I think they have ways of seeing what went down. Anyway, sorry about the experience and prob another reason we'll be moving to the official Fantasy PL next season

Sorry Im just getting to this bud. The game shows you at zero transfers, did it fook up in that it took them all away in addition to not saving them? You can probably contact the game and get your transfers back at the least if that were the case. I think they have ways of seeing what went down. Anyway, sorry about the experience and prob another reason we'll be moving to the official Fantasy PL next season

Nah I burnt all my trades trying to rebuild what wasnt saved and am now out of trades.

Does the winner of the Syracusefan.com FPL possibly get gifted with a prize of some kind?!;)

I still have seven transfers left brah. :p I'm just playing you're def taking this. 83 points is too much to make up. I wish I had a good idea for a prize

I still have seven transfers left brah. :p I'm just playing you're def taking this. 83 points is too much to make up. I wish I had a good idea for a prize
You seriously might be able to make a push on me, I only had one transfer left to use this week (now none for week 38)... crazy things can happen on double gameweeks!

ROCcuse ... wow, first halves done on Championship Sunday and your fantasy team is outscoring mine 48-12:eek: Amazing choice on making Theo Walcott your Captain! Things could not have gone any worse for my defense, Dawson for West Brom and Moreno for Liverpool are both at -1. My Captain Aguero has done nothing. I think (I think!) I am going to win overall the overall points, but you came back to take the 2nd segment unless something crazy happens in 2nd halves that I really do not see.

P.S. Both Hull City and Newcastle locked in 0-0 battles!

thanks bro. woke up like 10 minutess before the kick offs at 10 today, checked the line ups, and saw Walcott starting at forward in place of Giroud. Immediate captain. ran out of time before the kick offs to use all of my transfers and my Double Chelsea and Arsenal D let me down but what ya gonna do :noidea:

Congrats to JDubbin for winning this year's fantasy group!

Since it seems most of yall already play the official Fantasy Premier League I'll move the group over to that site for next season. I'd still be interested to hear about your experiences with that version of fantasy EPL so please share everybody.

Up the Boro!

Just a heads up/reminder:

We'll be switching over to the Official Fantasy Premier League (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/) game this season. Seems you all have been pleased with it. I've read online that this season's version should be going live soon. I'll let you all know when and may make a new thread for it.

Cheers

Just a heads up/reminder:

We'll be switching over to the Official Fantasy Premier League (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/) game this season. Seems you all have been pleased with it. I've read online that this season's version should be going live soon. I'll let you all know when and may make a new thread for it.

Cheers
Hey ROCcuse I know you mentioned in a post a while back about possible ideas for a winner of the syracusefan.com FPL, I wanted to throw out an idea to you. I have no idea what your financial situation is, so it may not be plausible (or maybe we could all pitch in something), but I played in a league two years ago where the winner of the league was able given any jersey of their choosing (limit $100). It was a great idea, I ended up winning the league and purchased a Clint Dempsey USA Centennial jersey... it was awesome. Anyway, don't know if you care or not, just wanted to get it out there. Thanks for organizing, I love http://fantasy.premierleague.com!

I've dropped the ball with Fantasy EPL a bit this year. Apologies.

the second segment of the ESPN game starts with tomorrow's 245 kick offs. You will have to have your new selected rosters ready to go by then.

group link:
http://games.espn.go.com/premier-fantasy/2016/en_GB/group?groupID=311

password:
Orangemen

No action needs to be taken in the Official Fantasy Premier League game, your team will carry over to this second half of the season.

Quick EPL Fantasy update! 2 game weeks left in the season. Looks like just two of us even playing in the 2nd segment of the ESPN EPL Fantasy league at all, barring an extreme meltdown of epic proportions I will slip into the role of 2 time defending champ (that's why I was hoping for some type of prize for the winner!;)). The first season of Official Premier League was much closer and garnered more attention from Syracusefan.com players. I think the big differentiator is the patience in standings and ability to be consistent in setting lineups for all 38 game weeks, taking into account how to play double game weeks, triple captain, wildcards, etc. It's really a marathon and not a sprint. One interesting factor is most of the top of the table teams in the EPL have nothing to play for, so players who carried a successful fantasy team through the season are less relevant, being benched and so on... makes the last couple of weeks shaky. I have a 90 point cushion on ROCcuse in that league as well... so as potential double league champion I fully expect to be bequeathed with a cool title on my avatar name. I'm already looking forward to next year's battle with more participants familiar with how the Official EPL Fantasy League works. Wondering if it makes sense to shut down ESPN and focus on that moving forward (though I'm always down for both!)? Thanks ROCcuse for driving and setting up the league, it's something I really enjoy during the season!

Quick EPL Fantasy update! 2 game weeks left in the season. Looks like just two of us even playing in the 2nd segment of the ESPN EPL Fantasy league at all, barring an extreme meltdown of epic proportions I will slip into the role of 2 time defending champ (that's why I was hoping for some type of prize for the winner!;)). The first season of Official Premier League was much closer and garnered more attention from Syracusefan.com players. I think the big differentiator is the patience in standings and ability to be consistent in setting lineups for all 38 game weeks, taking into account how to play double game weeks, triple captain, wildcards, etc. It's really a marathon and not a sprint. One interesting factor is most of the top of the table teams in the EPL have nothing to play for, so players who carried a successful fantasy team through the season are less relevant, being benched and so on... makes the last couple of weeks shaky. I have a 90 point cushion on ROCcuse in that league as well... so as potential double league champion I fully expect to be bequeathed with a cool title on my avatar name. I'm already looking forward to next year's battle with more participants familiar with how the Official EPL Fantasy League works. Wondering if it makes sense to shut down ESPN and focus on that moving forward (though I'm always down for both!)? Thanks ROCcuse for driving and setting up the league, it's something I really enjoy during the season!

It was just too hard for me to figure out. ESPN's version is too dumb, the official game is too complicated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom