Syracusefan.com group for the official Fantasy Premier League game | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Syracusefan.com group for the official Fantasy Premier League game

Well I now know what Captain and Vice C mean and how to change them! Missed out on some pts but this is fun!

Do players get more expensive the better they do during the season? How about transfer point cost, does that increase as the season goes on?

Yes, but that can work in your favor, as the value of your squad rises, you have more money for potential transfers.

Well I now know what Captain and Vice C mean and how to change them! Missed out on some pts but this is fun!

Do players get more expensive the better they do during the season? How about transfer point cost, does that increase as the season goes on?

Price Changes
Players can increase or decrease daily based on how many Fantasy Managers transfer a player in/out that day. So yes, indirectly related to performance.
There are websites out there that try to calculate/predict who will Rise/Drop but I don't mess with that.
One of the more difficult things to manage in this game, in my opinion, especially because prices change based on British time zones.

Transfers
You are given one free transfer each week and I think this season you can hold up to 5 before they stop accumulating (past seasons, you could only hold 2).
You can always do additional transfers in any given week past the "free" ones you have built up for a -4 point deduction.

Hope that helps!

I think I've posted this in past seasons, but the below website has a lot of good info.

To get best idea of a team's Starting XI each week - Team News > Predicted Line Ups

Recap of Price Changes that happened that day - Hot Topics > Price Changes

To answer SUfanNC question from a post on the FB board as to who is who in the league:

I am The Bhoys.

Victory Train is JDubbin

I think the rest of the folks you can figure out from this thread or just joined from one of the other threads that Matt posted on a few of the boards.

ESPN's game had too few variables that contribute to points. Made the game very predictable, and almost boring over time. I think you'll like the Premier League one much better as you get used to it.
My favorite thing about this is that you responded to a ROCcuse post from 9 years ago in 2015 IthacaMatt, haha!

Ok, I am guessing the Wildcard play is not retroactive for the week? Just transferred like 5 players?!

edit: 8!

Ok, I am guessing the Wildcard play is not retroactive for the week? Just transferred like 5 players?!

edit: 8!

Not sure what you mean?

You took a bunch of -4 point hits to make some of those transfers?

In years past, it still gave you the option to activate the Wildcard, and it would restore those points.

Game Week 4 starts tomorrow after the International Break.

Make any transfers tonight unless you plan on waking up before the 6 am Eastern deadline.

JDubbin
You fitting in a Big 4 of
Haaland, Salah, Palmer, AND Saka, and not losing much elsewhere
has me :mad: lol

Last edited:
Game Week 4 starts tomorrow after the International Break.

Make any transfers tonight unless you plan on waking up before the 6 am Eastern deadline.

JDubbin
You fitting in a Big 4 of
Haaland, Salah, Palmer, AND Saka, and not losing much elsewhere
has me :mad: lol

Last place says, "hmmm, are you sure about that?"

But my strategy has been not to load up on overpriced players compared to the points they produce. My concept is to spread out that money among a big bunch of near-top scorers at reasonable prices.

The problem so far is that Haaland, Salah and Saka are very dependable. But let's look at facts; Haaland is not going to average more than a goal a game. Salah is probably going to tail off, as he approaches the end of the season.

I'm not going to panic. I've made adjustments, but I want to be sure to get 5 to 8 points a week from a bunch of guys, not just rely on one or two. Because eventually Haaland is going to cool off, or even get hurt. I don't like all my eggs in just one (or two) baskets.

So far, the rest of you are winning, but I'm going to stick to my strategy through the next international break (another 4 games, I believe), and then I'll see if enough of my guys are keeping me close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom