Syracusefan.com Road Trips and Board Tailgate(s) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracusefan.com Road Trips and Board Tailgate(s)

Clemson Sports Talk ‏@ClemsonSports 2h
Clemson announces 2014 home football designations: Homecoming is on Oct. 25 versus Syracuse

Really ought to rethink the Wake Vs Clemson. I am not sure as to the challanges you have with a group that big but you will not find many campuses as welcoming or an experience as enjoyable as you will find in Clemson. I am biased towards my Tigers but the bang for your buck is going to be in the Valley.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/09/20/best-places-to-watch-college-football/#11

http://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...tball-town-game-day-ambience-contest/2954727/

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...m#photo-title=Memorial+Stadium&photo=30086987

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...p-25-college-football-towns-in-america/page/6

http://www.usatoday.com/picture-gal...best-college-football-stadium-scenes/2647069/#

If any of you need any info on logistics, local attractions, tailgating hit me up and I'll assist the best I can.

Just an update

We are still pressing forward with a small scale roadtrip/tailgate to CMU in September and a large scale tailgate to Wake Forest. If anyone out there wants to tackle organizing tailgates to away games to Clemson, Pitt or BC let me know off line.

If you have't applied for PayPal yet please considered doing it.

The most efficient way is to go through a few steps to tie your PayPal account to yourchecking or savings account. You will then be able to transfer $$ between PayPal and your bank.

When you transfer money this year for tickets it needs to be from your PayPal bank account and not via credit/ debit card. If you do it with credit/debit card I will be asking for more moeny to cover the fees. There are no fees if the money comes directly from your PayPal account and you transfer using this method below.

Click on "Send Money"

Enter email and amount to be sent in dollars

Click on "I'm sending money to family or friends"

As long as you don't use a credit card or debit card for the money there is
no fee. I.E. the money is being transferred from your Pay Pal bank account.

Finally, Dusty thanks for the tips and Clemson looks great...hopefully one our guys will step up and try to organize a group.

I'm definitely going to Winston-Salem for the game, just not sure if I need tix yet. I'll know before you take orders, I can promise that. Here's hoping for a big year in the ACC!

Just a FYI, Pinehurst is only 1 and 1/2 drive from Winston Salem. Not too shabby golf course down there.

never heard of it: is it as good as Brooklawn in Mattydale? ;-)

Hey Indy...sounds like you'll have two close games now in Louisville and Notre Dame. I used to live north of Indy (Military Assignment).

Yeah, a couple of co workers are excited about taking in some U of L games and if U of L plays ND in Indy, we will jump on that. Have to say thanks for the victory against the University of New Jersey at Durham. Fellow co worker is a huge Duke bball fan and huge ND football fan. Had to give him grief. I want do as much to the Clemson alum. Poor fella still have to endure a 0-57 streak in Chapel Hill. By the looks of it, he may have to endure the same thing with you guys in the Carrier Dome.

I might be able to organize group tickets and a tailgate for Clemson. I'd like help with the tailgate if possible from someone local.

I live in Nashville about 5 1/2 hours away.

You are actually better to get your tix through SU this game. I don't think they can block 200+ tickets for me. Wake Forest can.

If anyone wants to try to put together a smaller group for Clemson...call their ticket office. Find out if they do group sales and how many you have to buy to qualify. Please share on the board.

JackBauer and Crusty...I hearby deputize both for the tailgate.

I called the Clemson ticket office today. They do group sales for 15+ and made it sound like they can accommodate as many as we need. They don't have information on pricing yet but if it is the same as last year it will be $24.

I am willing to set this up.

I called the Clemson ticket office today. They do group sales for 15+ and made it sound like they can accommodate as many as we need. They don't have information on pricing yet but if it is the same as last year it will be $24.

I am willing to set this up.
Awesome...I just sent you a PM.

Update: Clemson game is a definite possibility now. If it goes it will be smaller...probably around 100 tix total. More to follow as JohnCuse44 gathers more info.

Mark, the wife wants to go on a trip with her gym to Costa Rica for some "cleansing vacation". Told her no way in hell I was going, but she could totally go. In return, I requested that I get attend one road football game. Request granted. Barring any sort of major financial meltdown between now and summer, I will be either at Wake, or Clemson. Leaning hard towards Wake.

rrlbees said:
Hmmm...

Bees, it's a week of yoga, working out, eating crap food, and not a bar in sight. This guy isn't going lol.

I'll be making the trip to Syracuse for FL. St. Looking forward to a Fine tailgate. No rain this time please!! Sheraton booked already. Points again. No $$$!!

JohnCuse talked to Clemson the other day.

The rep said, They cannot guarantee availability of tickets before late June - early July. She said they give their donors/season ticket holders the ability to buy up those seats until any tickets are available for public purchase (including group sales). She did say that she thinks we won't have a problem getting about 100-125 seats but again cannot hold them for us. She mentioned it is their homecoming so that could potentially present an issue. Parking will not be super convenient but our fall back plan is reasonable and quite doable. It should be $20 or less with shuttle option or a 1 1/4 mile walk for those that can and want too.

Thanks Dustin...I passed your email to JohnCuse.

For those golfers going to the Wake game Tanglewood golf course in Clemmons (a couple miles west of Winston Salem) is a county municipal championship course. Have had PGA tourneys there. The park also has gardens, horseback riding, tennis and other activities for others in the family. If you plan an extended stay they also have a spectacular Xmas light show. check out their web site. I live in Asheville and hope to see many of you at the game.

I should be in for a lot more of the Fine Mess tailgates as I just accepted a job in Newark (NY). Can't wait to be back in Upstate NY, but still hoping to do Clemson next year.

Update:

Talked to WFU this am and we have our ticket guy to work with us. I told him 200 tickets. He guesses about $25-30 for a ticket. Pricing hasn't been set yet.

He expects we'll be in Section 13 (20 yard line). The vistors Section is 11+12 (endzone-10 yard line)
http://wakeforestsports.cstv.com/ph...s/m-footbl/auto_pdf/detailed-eastside-map.pdf

Parking we will have a few options. All sound good. If he can't get us into a permit lot we can either go into the baseball field or the cash lot at the basketball arena across the street. All this is dependant on what events WFU is doing that weekend. WFU's tailgate scene is awesome and the weather (crossing fingers) should be in the 60s or 70s.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...3/misc_non_event/2013-season-parking-info.pdf
Wake fan here. If your ticket guy does not get you into a permit lot (I think it would be the Red Lot if they do - good spot) I would sugget you go to the Lawrence Joel and park between it and the Annex Bldg. This is directly across the street from the Football Stadium. Also on the Quality Inn - I have never stayed there but it is not in the best area of town. I would suggest looking around the Hwy. 52 - University Pkwy. area or near Hanes Mall. Might be a little more $ but might be worth it.

Mark
I can make the Wake and board tailgates. Probably will have the bosslady in tow. Can help with equipment at Wake. It's about 2 hours away. Also just advised JohnCuse, I' m in for 2 at Clemson. Go Cuse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom