Syverud or whoever is responsible for this way this was handled should be fired. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syverud or whoever is responsible for this way this was handled should be fired.

Nancy ran the school aground. I would take Kent all day long over Nancy. Not even close.
Okay, I'll temper my comment (you're the veteran, I'm the pledge around here).
But the reality is that - maybe through rose colored glasses from the setup from Buzz Shaw - Nancy treated me and other young alumni better.
And now ... look around. From afar the school hasn't been welcoming, nor has it performed well in sports.
Kent could have made changes. Here we are.

But the reality is that - maybe through rose colored glasses from the setup from Buzz Shaw - Nancy treated me and other young alumni better.
And now ... look around. From afar the school hasn't been welcoming, nor has it performed well in sports.
That’s great if Buzz and Nancy treated you well. But Buzz screwed athletics to a degree that’s hard to believe, and Nancy drove the academic reputation of the school deep into the ground.

Syverud is such a huge improvement over both of them. Like HUUUUUGE improvement.

Do what you think is best, of course. But I’d be surprised if those of us who have experienced all three of them wouldn’t take Kent everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

That’s great if Buzz and Nancy treated you well. But Buzz screwed athletics to a degree that’s hard to believe, and Nancy drove the academic reputation of the school deep into the ground.

Syverud is such a huge improvement over both of them. Like HUUUUUGE improvement.

Do what you think is best, of course. But I’d be surprised if those of us who have experienced all three of them wouldn’t take Kent everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.
thank you.
I haven't experienced Kent in person. Only received calls when they're asking for money.
Related to this thread, I'm sad about Syracuse, but hopeful.

thank you.
I haven't experienced Kent in person. Only received calls when they're asking for money.
Related to this thread, I'm sad about Syracuse, but hopeful.
You should reach out to him. Seriously. I’d be surprised if he didn’t respond. Especially if you’ve been a contributor.

I do understand your POV. The SU athletic department has never contacted me directly. Which, for those who know what I’ve done for a living for the past 25 years, is mind blowing.But I don’t resent them for it. SU sucks at fundraising and outreach, always has. I donate because I love SU and it’s the right thing to do.

Maybe someday they’ll give me a call. ;)

It's obvious that they wanted him out, this wasn't decided by the ACC loss to WF. Bring the coach in, let him know what they plan on doing and discuss ways JB could still be a part of the program if that is what he desires.

SU handled this with a total lack of class, he was loyal to this program for 47 years, he had opportunities to leave but never considered them seriously. Built a dynasty of a program in central New York, recruited some amazing talent that brought a lot of joy to the area.

SU's treatment of him at this time is an abomination.
It looks like he got cold feet at the alter and it went downhill from there, tough to blame anyone else when he screwed up the plan.

No. You are very much entitled to your own opinion. I only responded because of the Nancy comment. She really hurt our academic prestige.

It seems like how they actually led wasn’t important to you - you just want to feel important. If they’re running the University into a ditch but invite you to their house - all is good!

I fully get that for a lot of people, getting their belly rubbed is the only thing that matters…most people don’t admit it so openly though.

No. You are very much entitled to your own opinion. I only responded because of the Nancy comment. She really hurt our academic prestige.
We have dropped. I could have gone to USC but family was concerned about LA. their ranking has gone up a ton. ours has declined but we are still very highly regarded.

It seems like how they actually led wasn’t important to you - you just want to feel important. If they’re running the University into a ditch but invite you to their house - all is good!

I fully get that for a lot of people, getting their belly rubbed is the only thing that matters…most people don’t admit it so openly though.
There is no belly rub. I have an endowment (scholarship) in my grandmothers name. Last thank you letter I got was from the Nancy regime.

You should reach out to him. Seriously. I’d be surprised if he didn’t respond. Especially if you’ve been a contributor.

I do understand your POV. The SU athletic department has never contacted me directly. Which, for those who know what I’ve done for a living for the past 25 years, is mind blowing.But I don’t resent them for it. SU sucks at fundraising and outreach, always has. I donate because I love SU and it’s the right thing to do.

Thank you.

You arent the skychiefs mascot? Im dissappointed.

It's obvious that they wanted him out, this wasn't decided by the ACC loss to WF. Bring the coach in, let him know what they plan on doing and discuss ways JB could still be a part of the program if that is what he desires.

SU handled this with a total lack of class, he was loyal to this program for 47 years, he had opportunities to leave but never considered them seriously. Built a dynasty of a program in central New York, recruited some amazing talent that brought a lot of joy to the area.

Amen, brother.

There was no right way to handle this. You're damned if you do, damned if you don’t. It's about time the university had the chops to do it. The administration did the best they could in a no-win situation. Boeheim's stubbornness forced their hand. Looking forward to the change and a new perspective.

Last edited:
There is insufficient information to draw this conclusion.
There is insufficient information for all the conclusions.

47 years and JB chose to be fired by instagram, awesome. Makes sense.

Anyhow, onto Red.

at least Nancy invited me to her home and hosted events for donors like me.
I guess I'm not good enough for Kent.

Plus the state of our athletics and some other items I'd rather not share here.
But do you have Dolph Schayes’ autograph

Maybe someday they’ll give me a call.
That can be easily arranged. Remember, I know where you live. ;)

The admin really can’t win, can they?

Because you found out about it via Instagram doesn't mean that's how Jim found out.
I agree about insufficient information on all (nearly) sides.
I know it was decided last week, and perhaps a certainty much earlier than that.
Assume Jim found out then, or even earlier.
Even Elijah Moore said he new this was a distinct possibility.