Tailgating and Tickets (a business perspective) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tailgating and Tickets (a business perspective)

Tailgating is an experience not the whole game. Its one way to totally improve attendence at the dome. More fannies in the seats just might mean more wins too!! And that's what its all about. Isn't it??

Rutgers tailgated in a park, and there was a parkhouse there.

It is not common but bathrooms are at some schools...real spotty though. Ports-Johns are the norm. BTW, Cuse is Top 10 elite for Porta-Johns. ;-)

Syracuse had an excellent opportunity to make a positive impact for the stadium west lots with the new Law Building. It was suggested to build an entrance to the bottom of the building (on the back/west side) with bathrooms near the doors. It would be easy to maintain security and give the tailgaters an indoor option. Sadly, my contacts said he thinks it was not considered. We'll see when the building opens if it is an option.

Tailgating is an experience not the whole game. Its one way to totally improve attendence at the dome. More fannies in the seats just might mean more wins too!! And that's what its all about. Isn't it??
Ed get your butt out to a lot and get a group going. Start with just a few buddies and see if you can grow it.

Ed get your butt out to a lot and get a group going. Start with just a few buddies and see if you can grow it.
First he needs to get a few buddies. That will be difficult.

Kind of hard for him to get his butt there--a minor complication:

head-up-ass.jpg

BC?

They have little to no tailgating. There's the one grassy field next to the stadium, which is reserved for high donors, and that's about it.

People are going to be surprised when we join the ACC. I've tailgated at Florida State and it's very good. A lot of open fields around the stadium and many take it seriously. I've also tailgated at North Carolina and it's probably a tad below Syracuse in terms of pre-game experience. There's some small lots, not many, and tailgating doesn't seem to a priority. Walked around the football stadium at Duke and there didn't seem to be many areas for tailgating. Maybe less than North Carolina. Enjoy our one trip to Maryland. The best tailgating of the three, but not superior or on par with Florida State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been to FSU a few times last year...they definitely know how to tailgate! Big screen TVs, satellite, lawn games of all types, have even seen a tiki bar set up...

Been to FSU a few times last year...they definitely know how to tailgate! Big screen TVs, satellite, lawn games of all types, have even seen a tiki bar set up...
Weather definitely helps...In Cuse we can count on just September to have usually decent tailgate weather. We'll never compete with the southern schools for the tailgate bling: RVs, Sat TVs, Tiki Bars, Portable Lounges, smokers on site, etc...but no excuse not to get a Canopy, canopy weight plates, a grill, coolers and fans in Syracuse.

why cant you compete with the southern schools for tailgate bling?? thats a defeatist attitude. ive been to a couple of 'board tailgates'. they're nicely done, the 1st one was the one where we all threw food at lil joe...jeepers that to be 12, 13 years ago. theres no excuse to not have satellite and a lounge by now. all it takes 1 guy to be 'satellite guy', another to be 'couch and chair guy' and so on.

when i went to that game, BC i think, my Giants tailgate had probably just reached 'small grill for hotdogs' status. the post Simms years were as bleak tailgating as the product on the field was. it was just a bunch of hungover guys standing around an open trunk, listening to Springsteen, downing whatever alcohol we were able to scounge up at our apartments...or maybe the guy at the bodega took an extra $5 or so and sold us some beer before noon. if we were smart enough, we bought a sub the day before to bring and eat.

NOW?? we have a side and backyard, (if youve been there, you know what i mean) 2 flag poles, 3 tents, 4 tables of dips and salads, 5 grills cooking hotdogs kielbasa hot sausage chicken steak etc...multiple chairs, wind walls, satellite & blueray, a fire pit and i just bought a tiki bar. obviously, none of that happened overnight, there were plenty of stages and steps taken over the years. we got so much tailgate junk we dont set all of it up most of the time.

no reason that cant be done up there. people just have to want to do it. and that would help solve attendence problems. if your tailgate is awesome, no matter how dire the teams straits may be, youre showing up on game day for the party.

I think winning really helps...if we go on a streak of bowls for 3-4 years I think we'll see it evolve. But weather does play a factor in it. Also losing...sigh and Noon Kickoffs.

The NFL season has 9 home games plus playoffs. Syracuse we have 5-7 home games.

I hope we can get there as you state Kaiser but we also have to get away from Noon kickoffs (now 1230 in the ACC) and start winning consistently.

why cant you compete with the southern schools for tailgate bling?? thats a defeatist attitude. ive been to a couple of 'board tailgates'. they're nicely done, the 1st one was the one where we all threw food at lil joe...jeepers that to be 12, 13 years ago. theres no excuse to not have satellite and a lounge by now. all it takes 1 guy to be 'satellite guy', another to be 'couch and chair guy' and so on.

when i went to that game, BC i think, my Giants tailgate had probably just reached 'small grill for hotdogs' status. the post Simms years were as bleak tailgating as the product on the field was. it was just a bunch of hungover guys standing around an open trunk, listening to Springsteen, downing whatever alcohol we were able to scounge up at our apartments...or maybe the guy at the bodega took an extra $5 or so and sold us some beer before noon. if we were smart enough, we bought a sub the day before to bring and eat.

NOW?? we have a side and backyard, (if youve been there, you know what i mean) 2 flag poles, 3 tents, 4 tables of dips and salads, 5 grills cooking hotdogs kielbasa hot sausage chicken steak etc...multiple chairs, wind walls, satellite & blueray, a fire pit and i just bought a tiki bar. obviously, none of that happened overnight, there were plenty of stages and steps taken over the years. we got so much tailgate junk we dont set all of it up most of the time.

no reason that cant be done up there. people just have to want to do it. and that would help solve attendence problems. if your tailgate is awesome, no matter how dire the teams straits may be, youre showing up on game day for the party.

My Patriots experience is similar. Growing up in Foxboro the scene was pretty lousy back in the 80s. Bunch of chowdaheads knocking back Bud in cans with maybe some burgers on a crappy propane hibachi. Now there are a ton of sick setups.

The number of lots near the stadium hasn't changed. Nor has the number of port-o-potties or whatever. People just got into it. I can say with certainty that Pats management didn't do much of anything to create a better "environment" either.

My Patriots experience is similar. Growing up in Foxboro the scene was pretty lousy back in the 80s. Bunch of chowdaheads knocking back Bud in cans with maybe some burgers on a crappy propane hibachi. Now there are a ton of sick setups.

The number of lots near the stadium hasn't changed. Nor has the number of port-o-potties or whatever. People just got into it. I can say with certainty that Pats management didn't do much of anything to create a better "environment" either.

They cheated to get the fans more excited.

They cheated to get the fans more excited.

They don't have to do that anymore. They got Chandler Jones. Reason enough to celebrate and tailgate.

You guys cheated so you could beat the J-E-T-S and the Bills. Think about that. ;)

Nah, we beat the Rams.

Cuse hoops cheated to beat Seton Hall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom