Take A Guess | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Take A Guess

blue&orange

Scout Team
Based on what we have witnessed thus far, what do you predict the overall record will be come end of November?

Problem is. The players played well enough to win or weren’t put in the best position to win (offense). It’s the coaching that has to improve this season to win games. It’s more likely to see players get better as the season goes on then a coaching staff. Not like this is a brand new head coach switching punters to a guy who’s never punted and was backed up on our side of the field.

Upvote 0
If devito is the main guy 3-9, Schrader going forward 6-7 wins

I'm down as hell after yesterday's loss, but this seems right to me if I step back.

Of course, a lot of it is projection / hope with Shrader, but I just think DeVito is too limited. I think [believe?] that Shrader is like Clayton Welch but with a lot more ability -- might not be pretty, but he'll move the sticks consistently. Think the team has a much bigger upside with him under center.

Defense is pretty good -- will be better once Williams gets healthy and bolsters things at DT. 6 wins possible with Shrader.

Upvote 0
I'm down as hell after yesterday's loss, but this seems right to me if I step back.

Of course, a lot of it is projection / hope with Shrader, but I just think DeVito is too limited. I think [believe?] that Shrader is like Clayton Welch but with a lot more ability -- might not be pretty, but he'll move the sticks consistently. Think the team has a much bigger upside with him under center.

Defense is pretty good -- will be better once Williams gets healthy and bolsters things at DT. 6 wins possible with Shrader.
Yep projection for sure, but this after (finally) seeing the goods on the field.

Forget the first two series backed up to our on end zone along with the poor playcalling on those series, I liked the out pattern he threw on a rope, the underneath balls, the long ball which was one fingertip away from a perfect long ball td, the moxie he shows creating in some situations.

Yes some of that will bite us in the butt a time or two but anyone with a grasp of the finer points of the game from having played, coached and recruited a bit can see this all clearly if they have half a brain.

As I said elsewhere the other parts are in place well enough, except the most important part, it is hard to overstate the importance of this position in the sport, probably more important position in any sport.

Dude gives us an upside potential of a winning season, tommy (as good a kid as he appears to be) not so much in fact not at all. Simple as that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A few of the record predictions on page 1 of this thread aren’t adding up to 12 regular season games.

Upvote 0
The most SU thing that could happen is we go 5-7 (with the 5th win coming in our last game, so making a bowl was never really a possibility). But we have a bunch of people convinced that we’ve turned a corner and have momentum. Dino gets retained, then we go 4-8 next season.

Upvote 0
The most SU thing that could happen is we go 5-7 (with the 5th win coming in our last game, so making a bowl was never really a possibility). But we have a bunch of people convinced that we’ve turned a corner and have momentum. Dino gets retained, then we go 4-8 next season.
So accurate it hurts

Upvote 0

I am tired of the thought that Tommy played well the first 3 series. The object of the game is to score points. He didn't score, and we didn't even attempt a field goal. A good QB finds a way to put points on the board. Tommy needs to sit, the continued excuses need to stop.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom