Takeaway | Syracusefan.com

Takeaway

jsshap

2nd String
I've not read a single comment re the game but my two cents are...first great win for cavs and congrats to them. They are definitely a threat for final four. My biggest concern re this game was that if UVA win going away it would validate national perception that cuse is on descent. As odd as this sounds following a 19 point loss however I don't think anyone one could watch that game closely and think that. I went into the game thinking cuse would have slight edge over UVA on neutral court (if healthy') and left the game thinking the same thing. Slight edge mind you. Maybe 6 out of 10. Obviously grant is concern there. I hope they shut him down for 17 days. Ennis-fair are a bigger advantage over perrantes Harris then I expected. I don't indict Harris bc he did not score', that happens to every great player, but I was shocked that he was not able to get off good looks...even in first half when UVA got few good looks. He is a great player to have no doubt but his offensive arsenal is limited. Mitchell was the key. Cuse front line is a bunch of beasts, when you combine athleticism, ups, power, and fire. Mitchell is one of the few who has gone against them and showed himself to be just as beastly. I felt good at halftime bc (1) cavs really could not get good looks and (2)other then Mitchell the other bigs seemed a little overmatched in the battle. But without grant that all changed. Suddenly Mitchell could focus on fair and cuse was overmatched down low. It's too late now but it's a shame Roberson is not prepared. He may end up the best player of anyone on the court last night...he can play with someone like gill now easily...and it's just a bummer he was not asked to fill in for grant last night. In the end, color me a wide eyed optimist, but fair Ennis and cooney all seem to be used to and love the big stage...if grant gets better I walk away from the game even more confident of a deep run upcoming

Not having Grant in there probably cost us the margin of victory. He prolly would have scored 15 and he prolly would have helped prevent several of their offensive rebound out backs. His health is a key factor for us going forward. We may get to see us some more Roberson whether he is ready or not. I thought he looked like he could help yesterday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom