Tank Replacement for AAM... | Syracusefan.com

Tank Replacement for AAM...

And thank goodness for that. Talk about the spot going to a walkon or whatever was insane.

AAM is 5-11, 239#. Burke is 6-1, 234#.

Insanity is running the tank with PTG, who's 40# lighter.

The real key to me is the guys doing the blocking. And now that we've passed out of it, the D has to at least account for that, so maybe 1 less person to block.

I want Smith in there mostly because he deserves his a TD for all of his work and improvement this year, he is yet to score one. PTG had a nice 4 yard TD run last week out of the spread, which is something we hadn't been able to do. Broyld can do the job as well if we think it needs to be someone bigger.

I think we'll be fine. And I think AAM needs to use this offseason to lose weight again. He ballooned up after not winning the job.

Broyld can do the job as well if we think it needs to be someone bigger.

Per Matt Park, Broyld and Desir are questionable for Saturday.

As long as he hits the hole hard (and doesn't dance) I'm sure Jerome Smith at 225 lbs can handle it. he's far and away the most powerfully built RB on the team.

If Burke being a big guy was all that mattered, we'd be doing something with him already.

People on this board get way too hung up on the need for different sized backs doing different things and being used different ways.

You don't need different sized backs if you have multiple backs that aren't defined by their size, but defined by their talent.

per Matt Park:

Matt Park@MattPark1
If Adonis Ameen-Moore can't go in heavy "tank" package. The RB in the game (Smith, Gulley) will stay in the game.

Makes no sense so I will guess its coach speak for USF. Either Smith or Gulley is better in that package and will be used. Not the one that happens to be on the field already.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Makes no sense so I will guess its coach speak for USF. Either Smith or Gulley is better in that package and will be used. Not the one that happens to be on the field already.

At the very least, I like the fact that AAM has gone from "out" to "if he can't go."

I believe that Gulley punched one in from inside the 5 against UConn - looked good doing it too - ran hard and right through someone

If Burke being a big guy was all that mattered, we'd be doing something with him already.

People on this board get way too hung up on the need for different sized backs doing different things and being used different ways.

You don't need different sized backs if you have multiple backs that aren't defined by their size, but defined by their talent.
We can agree on this one. Give me Boonah back there leaping over the top!

And thank goodness for that. Talk about the spot going to a walkon or whatever was insane.

I woundn't go as far as insane regarding Burke. We need a big body powering through and carrying his weight behind a suped up line.

Insane IMO is leaving shifty Gulley in. It will be 2nd and goal from the 6 in no time.

Smith is more than capable and should be the guy.

We need a big body powering through and carrying his weight behind a suped up line.
I'm not convinced of that.

Good backs find the end zone.

You don't need different sized backs if you have multiple backs that aren't defined by their
size, but defined by their talent.

Ummm, the Burke talk wasn't an opinion given, it was heard from a high source...

Ummm, the Burke talk wasn't an opinion given, it was heard from a high source...
Sure. Because the best time to get a walkon pt is at the goal line when we need a td.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom