Tar Heel Fan Here With A Question | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tar Heel Fan Here With A Question

Great post! We look forward to showing you The Carolina Way, which is our unique combination of athletic excellence and academic integrity!
Whooof .. was that a shot. It woud be nice if we could save it. But since you raised it ... Do you mean when you say the "Carolina Way" wakw Forest (They are in North Carolina are they not?) Syracuse ...? Wake Forest ...? That was only 3 games ago ... or are we only talking basketball here.
Nice to have all you ACC people on board ... and thanks for the kind welcomings. We are looking forward to the great games and rivalries that this realignment is going to generate.

"37 of those losses, however, came in a four year span under our now fired former head coach Greg Robinson." That is incredibly bad luck.

You have "bad luck" confused with "gross incompetence"

your a hobbit.i shouldn't have to tell you a thing:p

Well, yes; anyone who wears the One Ring To Rule Them All should always be in the know. Problem is, I had to quit putting on The Ring.

Why? Every time I did, this great big Rat would loom up in front of me, it would be the only thing I could see. The Horror!

So now I'm back to mere mortal status, although I do send Pippen and Merry to Durham every now and then to pull some pranks.

Well guys, with Roy at the helm we usually do very well. But I don't presume to think Every Year that we're going to win a title. Just doesn't work that way any more. UCLA in the 60s? Yes.

But since then, no.

We're pretty much loaded except in terms of proven 3-point shooters (but we do have some prospects there), so we figure to be very dangerous this year.

But we (and any other team in the country) are just one key injury away from having our title hopes dashed to the ground. Let's have this chat in February rather than September and then see how we feel about our respective teams' chances.

You are speaking to a fan base that believes that one key injury stole its title in 2010 when our starting center Arinze Onuaku ended his season in our last game in the Big East Tournament. Obviously, a lot can happen, but brother we hear you.

You are speaking to a fan base that believes that one key injury stole its title in 2010 when our starting center Arinze Onuaku ended his season in our last game in the Big East Tournament. Obviously, a lot can happen, but brother we hear you.

Yeah, I've got a good friend who is a long-time, dyed-in-the-wool Kentucky fan (he's intelligent too, fancy that). We decided one night that about 50% of winning the Dance is good luck.

Aside and apart from injury, you can run into another team that's just as good as you are, and the whole thing comes down to one shot and a lucky/unlucky bounce.

Or one blown call by an official who doesn't have good line of sight but makes the call anyway (which of course is a bad call, and against your team).

Then there's the once-every-12-years situation where some freshman who is too young to realize how nervous he should be goes unconscious and drains 8 threes on you ...

Many, many ways to lose the tournament.

We were fortunate in 2009 that Roy managed to keep our 5-stars on board until they were juniors and seniors; that team clearly was the best in the nation and we managed to avoid any silly pitfalls. Blake Griffin and the Okies gave us a run for our money in that tournament but the rest of the field was pretty much a cakewalk.

That was a very powerful college team, three of the starting five drafted in the 1st round, and a 4th guy went 2nd round and played his way onto an NBA roster.

This year's team might be comparable in terms of talent, but doesnt't have quite the experience our 2009 group did.

hobbit88 & DeanSmithDepends just curious how hard was it for you to find this board? We used to be independent, then were affiliated with Rivals, then Scout. We finally decided to go Independent again a short time ago. The general consensus among Syracuse fans is that this is where you can get the most intelligent discussions about the program we love. Which North Carolina board do you guys post at?

Thanks for stopping by and the welcome.

Hey guys,

UNC fan here. DeanSmithDepends is a well-known NC State (Wolfpack) troll; his username is making fun of our old coach (Dean Smith) and his dementia ("depends" refers to diapers). He's been banned from a lot of the ACC boards on Scout, so I'm not surprised that he's found his way over here. You'll soon find out that Wolfpack fans like to bounce around from board to board and impersonate UNC fans in an effort to make UNC fans look bad, but don't let that get to you. You'll know real UNC fans when you see them.

Looking forward to seeing y'all in the Dean Dome, and to playing against the Orange in the Carrier Dome, hopefully very shortly! Welcome to the ACC.

Hey guys,

UNC fan here. DeanSmithDepends is a well-known NC State (Wolfpack) troll; his username is making fun of our old coach (Dean Smith) and his dementia ("depends" refers to diapers). He's been banned from a lot of the ACC boards on Scout, so I'm not surprised that he's found his way over here. You'll soon find out that Wolfpack fans like to bounce around from board to board and impersonate UNC fans in an effort to make UNC fans look bad, but don't let that get to you. You'll know real UNC fans when you see them.

quote]
Makes sense because I was scratching my head over that board name. If that is the case he won't survive here for very much longer. Thanks for heads up.

just curious if you found this site from one of my links?

I actually went over to the Syracuse Scout board to see if I could get reaction to the ACC rumors back when they were just rumors, and found out about this site there. Looks to be a nice change of pace from the typical At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. stuff.

I actually went over to the Syracuse Scout board to see if I could get reaction to the ACC rumors back when they were just rumors, and found out about this site there. Looks to be a nice change of pace from the typical At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. stuff.
yeah i posted many links there as well, no big deal.

hobbit88 & DeanSmithDepends just curious how hard was it for you to find this board? We used to be independent, then were affiliated with Rivals, then Scout. We finally decided to go Independent again a short time ago. The general consensus among Syracuse fans is that this is where you can get the most intelligent discussions about the program we love. Which North Carolina board do you guys post at?

Thanks for stopping by and the welcome.

Well, at the risk of making someone mad, I found this site because it was referred to by some folks on the Orange's scout board. Evidently more than a few 'Cuse fans have no use for the Scout Syracuse website, and one of them mentioned this board, so I bounced over, applied, and was approved in a matter of maybe 2 hours. Am enjoying it so far.

Funny, how different fan bases can be for different schools. I won't call any names but ... well, okay I'll call one name.

I got thrown off the Louisville scout board. Someone there was being pretty hateful about Roy and his propensity to cry. So I said something like "Hmmmm ... my coach cries and wins national championships; your coach doesn't cry but flops with floozies ... guess I'll stick with my coach". I got the axe on that one, LOL.

I've also been banned from dook's scout board too, and I consider that a Badge of Honor, as do all UNC fans who get banned from there. Some dook fans are knowledgeable but a surprising number of them don't have enough sense to fill a thimble and say some realllly dumb things from time to time.

Occasionally I'll start a thread asking for someone who's not been banned to copy over some of the more ridiculous posts from the dook board just so we can all get a good laugh.

Here's a link to part of the Carolina Water Cooler that has some pretty funny stuff in it dealing with message board trivia:

http://carolina.accwatercooler.com/inside-carolina-guidance/ic-glossary/

Remember last time Carolina played SU at the dome. Only 2 things worth remembering. 1. Michael Jordan ... 2. Sonny Spera hitting half court buzzer beater at halftime. Still to this day think a half court shot at the buzzer should be good for at least 5 points. Back then it was 2 ... I felt robbed.

Remember last time Carolina played SU at the dome. Only 2 things worth remembering. 1. Michael Jordan ... 2. Sonny Spera hitting half court buzzer beater at halftime. Still to this day think a half court shot at the buzzer should be good for at least 5 points. Back then it was 2 ... I felt robbed.

Wonder what might happen if a "4-point line" was installed? For just that kind of last-second desperation heave.

Frankly I'm surprised our teams have only met 7 times in the past. You'd think with the tradition of both schools ...

Hobbit, how do you think the Tobacco Road crowd feels (honestly) about Madison Square Garden as an ACC Tournament locale?

I think the majority of ACC fans would love to see the tournament played in MSG on a rotational basis. While I agree that it would be a great experience to attend a tournament in NYC, the associated costs would be prohibitive for many fans. I'd like to see a rotation of Greensboro, Atlanta, and NY. Atlanta, like NY, is a big town with tons of extracurricular things to do. Greensboro, though only home to 220K people, is a very friendly town with good restaurants and plentiful accommodations at reasonable prices. Many people who have been to the tournament in Tampa, Atlanta, Washington, and Greensboro, actually enjoyed the experience in Greensboro the most. It depends on what you're looking for. If you simply want good food, a friendly environment, and great basketball, Greensboro fits the bill. If you want a lot of nightlife as well, you'd be happier in one of the other venues.

There's no doubt NY will host the tournament, it's just a matter of frequency. Welcome to the ACC, I think you'll fit right in with your combination of academic and athletic excellence.

Wonder what might happen if a "4-point line" was installed? For just that kind of last-second desperation heave.

Frankly I'm surprised our teams have only met 7 times in the past. You'd think with the tradition of both schools ...

Sure, why not? As long as your down 4, that'd piss me off if I was down by 3 and someone did that for the win.

It is surprising they only met 7 times, but both programs know they can generate more money playing at home than having to give up an away game. Neither program wants to risk losing the money and a "W". Especially in this day where all the programs are competitive and you might need that W for your resume. Only way you would need to risk that is if you played in a sh1tty conference like the Big10 and needed to boost your RPI.

I think the majority of ACC fans would love to see the tournament played in MSG on a rotational basis. While I agree that it would be a great experience to attend a tournament in NYC, the associated costs would be prohibitive for many fans. I'd like to see a rotation of Greensboro, Atlanta, and NY. Atlanta, like NY, is a big town with tons of extracurricular things to do. Greensboro, though only home to 220K people, is a very friendly town with good restaurants and plentiful accommodations at reasonable prices. Many people who have been to the tournament in Tampa, Atlanta, Washington, and Greensboro, actually enjoyed the experience in Greensboro the most. It depends on what you're looking for. If you simply want good food, a friendly environment, and great basketball, Greensboro fits the bill. If you want a lot of nightlife as well, you'd be happier in one of the other venues.

There's no doubt NY will host the tournament, it's just a matter of frequency. Welcome to the ACC, I think you'll fit right in with your combination of academic and athletic excellence.

No worries there, Cuse fans can fill the Garden themselves for the SU sessions. When UNC came up to get their asses kicked by Cuse @ MSG two years ago, I was quite impressed by the showing of UNC fans, by far the best non Big East showing (and frankly better than many Big East schools) I've ever seen. I sat next to a Duke fan that night who went to the game solely to root against Carolina, I agreed to an unholy alliance with him just for the evening, and then pledged to kick his ass if I ever saw him again after that (ok I made that very last part up).

More Big East teams will have to jump ship before the conference tourney stops happening there, if the ACC stands pat at 14 and none of the other leagues snag Big East teams during this round of conference shuffle, I guess we'll have to settle for these other venues for a while. Yuck.

Thanks and to hobbit88 as well. I personally am looking forward. I think top to bottom the ACC is better than a lot of folks on our board will admit. Your venue is a given but going into places like Clemson, Blacksburg, and Tallahassee will be no easy task.

As for MSG for the BET...there IS nothing like it and never will be. By Thursday the place is jammed packed all day unlike these other conference tourney venues which are empty. Plenty of Louisville folks make the trek every year so the distance/travel isn't a big deal. I think your idea of a rotation in those cities is a good idea. Good luck down the road.

just curious if you found this site from one of my links?

HA one of your "links"

I don't think scout has anyone even watching the ex-girlfriend board

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom