Tate Martell transferring from OSU to Miami to UNLV | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tate Martell transferring from OSU to Miami to UNLV

Martel in The Replacements didn't make a lot of sense to me. At one point he'd won a championship, but at the point in his career when the players go on strike, he's clearly lost his fire for the game.

Martel in The Replacements didn't make a lot of sense to me. At one point he'd won a championship, but at the point in his career when the players go on strike, he's clearly lost his fire for the game.

Bring on Shane Falco ... and sign Gruff, after all 52 yards is like a chip shot for Gruff, even when he is smoking on the field.

Too late. Richt is already gone as of a couple weeks ago
Yeah I was thinking more in the lines of a kick off for Diaz. I haven’t seen if he has an OC yet...but those 2 QB’s would intice about anyone.

That appears to be the rumor on the Miami boards. Hurts this year for his grad transfer year at Miami. Martell sits a year and is the QB next year.

Interesting if Diaz and new OC pulls this off.

Cheers,
Neil

Unless Diaz implodes as a head coach, he seems to be what Miami needed.

Yeah I was thinking more in the lines of a kick off for Diaz. I haven’t seen if he has an OC yet...but those 2 QB’s would intice about anyone.

Dan Enos, former Alabama OC.

36D06E3D-D109-4293-B640-8C9C939BE2CC.png

No offense to the OP, but why do we care about this kid? He wasn’t going to come to SU and sit behind Tommy for 2 years.

No offense to the OP, but why do we care about this kid? He wasn’t going to come to SU and sit behind Tommy for 2 years.
There are some connected dominos (e.g., Hurts to Maryland) that could impact us...and I imagine we are in the market for a backup qb, too (not that it’s be him but where he moves will displace others).

I’m sorry but there’s nothing appealing about a 5’10 QB. So he talked about Fields transferring and turns around and does the same thing. He should just move to slot WR.

I’m sorry but there’s nothing appealing about a 5’10 QB. So he talked about Fields transferring and turns around and does the same thing. He should just move to slot WR.
Baker Mayfield... Russell Wilson...Kyler Murray

I prefer taller QBs too, but to say there’s “nothing appealing” is a bit much.

Tate Martell has a ton of talent. He might come off as a diva, but if he’s matured, Miami could’ve won the transfer portal QB sweepstakes since he has 3 to play 3 if his lawyer gets him immediate eligibility.

Last edited:
I'm hearing a waiver for immediate eligibility is likely. Apparently, someone on an internet message board called him a diva while others disparaged his height.

Lol

He wasn't that good when I watched a couple of his HS games for Gorman on ESPN2 late night.

I think he'll start the regular season for them but we will see Nkosi Perry sooner rather than later.

He wasn't that good when I watched a couple of his HS games for Gorman on ESPN2 late night.

I think he'll start the regular season for them but we will see Nkosi Perry sooner rather than later.
he cant start he has to sit a year

Would you want a Qb on your team who talked smack like he did to fields and than ran without a fight ?
tenor (16).gif

As long as he only does it when his oline is around.