Taurean Thompson | Page 96 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

I say somehow Thompson ends up here, we get the McCormick grad transfer on board, and pick up Chatman and suddenly we go 11 deep with scholarship players and at least have some options for expanding the rotation/have some depth in case we get hit with injuries.

upload_2016-6-12_10-34-58.jpeg

This reminds me of that football recruit from a few years ago who chose Bama, while his mom was a huge LSU fan...and said so at the presser. She certainly wasn't happy- but the call was his to make.
Again, speaking for myself the kid can take as long as he needs to. But at this point no one can deny this recruitment is like the Twilight Zone. And again, JMHO, I hope it doesn't bode ill for the future in dealing w/ this kid, if we end up getting him.

Last edited:
This reminds me of that football recruit from a few years ago who chose Bama, while his mom was a huge LSU fan...and said so at the presser. She certainly wasn't happy- but the call was his to make.
Again, speaking for myself the kid can take as long as he needs to. But at this point no one can deny this recruitment is like the Twilight Zone. And again, JMHO, I hope it doesn't bode ill for the future in dealing w/ this kid, if we end up getting him.

His mother in this vid though....

1291131680_two-thumbs-up.jpg

The family dynamics have a disturbing sense of Co dependency which is a very serious psychological disorder. Something is obviously wrong with this situation.

The family dynamics have a disturbing sense of Co dependency which is a very serious psychological disorder. Something is obviously wrong with this situation.

I'm not so sure about that but one thing I can tell you is that there is no question, many people (including myself) who are in a co-dependent relationship with this thread. I need more and I'm at the end of the thread! Looks like I will have to find some other reading material for this afternoon...

CodependencyforDummies.jpg

There are some wonderful insights offered on this board regarding the great game of college basketball. There is also some woefully ignorant crap thrown about . Cool. It is a message board. Some of my own thoughts have been insightful. Many of my thoughts have been flat wrong and, yes, ignorant. Such is the unpredictability of young men who change and grow mentally and physically in ways that can be surprising. Confidence grows. Light bulbs go off. Some stagnate. I do think many of the comments regarding this young mans' mother are way, way, out of bounds. Unless someone offers some particular insider information on the dynamics of their life and family, and was inappropriate enough to share it, all the speculation is just so much BS. Every kid matures at a different rate. What they may need and or want in terms of support, guidance and direction, and how long they need it is generally best left to the family. All the chest thumping about how it should be done for a college bound kid, and how "I" did it or how my kid did it is just so much crap without context. Some of the garbage about co-dependency , and about the kids mother is wildly inappropriate. They will do their best to make a decision which is extremely important. Keep the aggressive .parenting advice to yourselves.

I disagree with your opinion. I think the mother needs to back off. It's up to us, the fans, to decide Taureen's fate. You are way off base with your commentary. Who do you think you are?

I'm not so sure about that but one thing I can tell you is that there is no question, many people (including myself) who are in a co-dependent relationship with this thread. I need more and I'm at the end of the thread! Looks like I will have to find some other reading material for this afternoon...

View attachment 65981

Definitely essential reading.

cliftonparksufan said:
I'm surprised this thread has not been chopped and locked. I've seen stuff taken down for a lot less. (And that just some of the photos). Mods must be having their quarterly meeting in South Florida. I heard there is still no internet down there.

Oh the mods are patrolling...a post I made this morning was removed...along with the post I was replying to...

I'm surprised this thread has not been chopped and locked. I've seen stuff taken down for a lot less. (And that just some of the photos). Mods must be having their quarterly meeting in South Florida. I heard there is still no internet down there.
I'm in Central Florida and I can vouch for the fact that we are on the cusp of internet non-existence. We are dealing with counting bodies today and the TT recruitment just doesn't seem that important to me today for some reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom