TCU is Jamie Dixon’s best offensive team ever | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

TCU is Jamie Dixon’s best offensive team ever

NCAA tournament records
Dixon: 12-11
JB: 47-28
That's Dixon's career. Pitt sucked even more so in recent years. 3-5 with Dixon since 2010.

That record for JB ain’t right we’ve been to 33 tournaments under him. He should have 31 losses. The NCAA must have taken away some of the losses too.

When are people going to understand that although the 3 pt shot can beat us, its the interior where we lose games this year

Not worried.

He forgot how to prepare a team for our zone.

Okay, in the most frustrating yet improbable season, we're in the dance. Given we're a fringe participant, I only want two things: win round one, and beat Jamie Dixon. Fortunately, both of those can occur on the same night. :)

Last edited:
he's just playing at a faster tempo, which is kind of forced on him by virtue of playing in the offensively hot b12. but he's always had good offensive teams: his pitt teams were ranked in the top 50 in efficiency every year; top 20 eight of thirteen seasons. his 2009 and 2011 teams were the equal of this tcu squad offensively (and of course much, much better defensively)

Can they rebound? That's literally all that matters. The Pitt offense under Dixon was, throw the ball at the basket thing and then go get it. I'm guessing TCU just has chuckers better at throwing the ball at the basket, but maybe no fatties good at corralling the misses?

Can they rebound? That's literally all that matters. The Pitt offense under Dixon was, throw the ball at the basket thing and then go get it. I'm guessing TCU just has chuckers better at throwing the ball at the basket, but maybe no fatties good at corralling the misses?

From the stats they definitely hit the boards hard and win the battle of the boards frequently.

Dixon had very good offenses at Pitt, it seems to overlooked due to the slower tempo they played at. TCU is the #8 offense in the nation per Kenpom, while at Pitt they were consistently a top offensive team - here are their ranks:

2004 - 20
2005 - 18
2006 - 33
2007 - 10
2008 - 10
2009 - 2
2010 - 47
2011 - 4
2012 - 27
2013 - 12
2014 - 18
2015 - 35
2016 - 28

He's been doing this for a long time, and I've always been confused as to why he's not considered a good offensive coach.

Dixon had very good offenses at Pitt, it seems to overlooked due to the slower tempo they played at. TCU is the #8 offense in the nation per Kenpom, while at Pitt they were consistently a top offensive team - here are their ranks:

2004 - 20
2005 - 18
2006 - 33
2007 - 10
2008 - 10
2009 - 2
2010 - 47
2011 - 4
2012 - 27
2013 - 12
2014 - 18
2015 - 35
2016 - 28

He's been doing this for a long time, and I've always been confused as to why he's not considered a good offensive coach.

Because they never could score in the tournament. A lot of his teams struggled to break 40.

What I remember about those Pitt teams was that they - even more than Thompson's Georgetown teams, Calhoun's UCONN teams or Pitino's Louisville teams- pushed the envelope on what they could do defensively to the very limit. Hand-checking, pushing, shoving, tripping, etc. They would commit so many fouls that the refs couldn't possibly call all of them. meanwhile, we would be called for touch fouls on the other end. the refs call what is unusual. they will call any contact by a finesse team and only the worst fouls of a physical team. The box score will show that a roughly equal number of fouls were called on both teams but that didn't mean that the game was being called the same way on both ends.

Dixon knows the zone but players can be told one thing and it becomes a different story with our length once out there We shot terribly and are due to get hot. Might be able to steal this one

TCU is 3-10 vs Tourney teams per ESPN.

They are not world beaters and we have played well against anyone not in the top 10 this year.

We know 1 thing, we will compete.

I’m not sure about that. Off the top of my head, I know we beat St Bonaventure, Nevada, Texas, West Virginia and Kansas State.

Looking forward to a great game. Should be an interesting matchup. We have several great shooters (we’re one of the best shooting teams in the country), but we went ice cold our last three games. Oddly enough, the only reason we won or were in those games was because our defense started to figure it out. If we can put it all together, it should make for a fun game. Best of luck to you guys.

I’m not sure about that. Off the top of my head, I know we beat St Bonaventure, Nevada, Texas, West Virginia and Kansas State.

Looking forward to a great game. Should be an interesting matchup. We have several great shooters (we’re one of the best shooting teams in the country), but we went ice cold our last three games. Oddly enough, the only reason we won or were in those games was because our defense started to figure it out. If we can put it all together, it should make for a fun game. Best of luck to you guys.

RBAY. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom