Class of 2016 - TE Chris Clark to Pitt | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 TE Chris Clark to Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
would the big head be a violation?

Only a violation if an official representative of the school does it. Fans can do it, however.

So what's the scoop on this guy? Is he a transfer/will he have to sit out a year? And do we have a solid chance at him?

That article helped a lot with my question; only one left is whether he would have to sit out a year or not. Gonna try not to get excited prematurely but damn would it be some nice momentum to get a recruit like that when I've been really happy with the freshman we have this year.

So we get the last visit after all. I think that this is a good sign. And why not take your time? He's got till January to sign scholarship papers and enroll somewhere.

That article helped a lot with my question; only one left is whether he would have to sit out a year or not. Gonna try not to get excited prematurely but damn would it be some nice momentum to get a recruit like that when I've been really happy with the freshman we have this year.
Yes, he will have to sit out. He played in the first game of the season for UCLA, so barring the NCAA deciding to play nice for once, he won't see the field again in an actual game until 2017.

So what's the scoop on this guy? Is he a transfer/will he have to sit out a year? And do we have a solid chance at him?

As of right now, most likely scenario, should he choose Cuse, is that he could play in next year's bowl game. To play before then would be the best case scenario, because he would have received a waiver from the NCAA alliwing him to not sit out a full year (good luck with that). If he's as good as advertised, it's possible he only play one full season for us before declaring for the draft, since it would be three years in college for him. He could play in the spring game, be a heck of a good talent on the sc- out team for the fall, and finally eligible for the bowl game (much like Dontrez Ford when he transferred to Pitt after he became homesick).

Last edited:
Yes, he will have to sit out. He played in the first game of the season for UCLA, so barring the NCAA deciding to play nice for once, he won't see the field again in an actual game until 2017.

Wouldn't it be awesome if the NCAA said that this is his year sitting out, and maybe made him sit the first game of 2016 as well, but he could be eligible after that. Ugh NCAA!

Wouldn't it be awesome if the NCAA said that this is his year sitting out, and maybe made him sit the first game of 2016 as well, but he could be eligible after that. Ugh NCAA!
th

Well...if the awesome group of people are part of the future being bright, then his future would have to be intertwined with theirs, right? :D

mind-blown-2.jpg

One thing to keep in mind with Clark, no matter where he goes: by the time he's eligible to play, he'll be more than 2 years removed from HS, and with his measurables and potential, there's a decent chance he might only play one season before going to the NFL.

That said, I'd happily take him for one season alongside junior Dungey, senior Erv, sophomore Moe, junior Fredericks, senior Ishmael, etc, etc, etc.

One more note: he's been following a lot of SU people (and in fairness, a lot of Pitt people) but he just barely started following our newest recruit, Lindsey Scott. That certainly doesn't mean anything, but it can't be a BAD thing, right?

One thing to keep in mind with Clark, no matter where he goes: by the time he's eligible to play, he'll be more than 2 years removed from HS, and with his measurables and potential, there's a decent chance he might only play one season before going to the NFL.

That said, I'd happily take him for one season alongside junior Dungey, senior Erv, sophomore Moe, junior Fredericks, senior Ishmael, etc, etc, etc.
He has to go to class that year. Even if he doesn't plan on graduating, we can't afford any funny business academically. No Calipari specials.

I'm shocked he would leave after playing one game for UCLA. He must really want out if he's willing to sit an entire year and essentially not play until his junior year.

"Like I said, I'm just really comfortable with a lot of guys on the team, which is really big. I've never felt that way with any other school. I know more guys at this school than I know at any other school"

For a kid that transferred to be closer to home due to being homesick, I would have to think a comment like that shows that we're firmly in the lead in this race.

I'm shocked he would leave after playing one game for UCLA. He must really want out if he's willing to sit an entire year and essentially not play until his junior year.

The more I learn about Jim Mora, the more it doesn't surprise me.

He has to go to class that year. Even if he doesn't plan on graduating, we can't afford any funny business academically. No Calipari specials.
Oh I know, it's just something to keep in mind. Consider the fact that he's already 20 (he did an extra year of prep). He'll be 22 by the time he's back on the field.

If he does choose to come to Syracuse, I really hope the staff is able to pull some sort of waiver situation off to get him to play after maybe sitting out a game next season. Any other scenario just shows how ridiculous and ass backwards the NCAA is. But it's unlikely considering what happened with Dontez Ford, a kid that didn't play at all and had to sit out.

upload_2015-10-6_16-18-14.jpeg

upload_2015-10-6_16-18-29.jpeg

Excuse me, I'll be back in a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors